Thread: Andersome

Raptors Republic Rookie AlienOverlord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Andersome

What kind of numbers was Jeremy Lin putting up when Linsanity swept the league? Seems to me Anderson is putting up really great numbers, why aren't we more pumped? Is he getting articles written about him? We've wanted three point shooting from the small forward position and he's providing that, as well as good defense and hustle. Why does it feel like he's being overlooked?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote AlienOverlord wrote: View Post
    What kind of numbers was Jeremy Lin putting up when Linsanity swept the league? Seems to me Anderson is putting up really great numbers, why aren't we more pumped? Is he getting articles written about him? We've wanted three point shooting from the small forward position and he's providing that, as well as good defense and hustle. Why does it feel like he's being overlooked?
    Two different players. Lin is a drive and kick PG with a decent shot, while Anderson needs others to get him his. Anderson is also 30 years old. A closer comparison is Greivis Vasquez:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...qugr01&y3=2013

We highlight Vasquez as a "value" draft pick a couple years ago:
    http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/06/2...sed-big-board/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for providing stats. They are different types of players, but AA has been instrumental to this win streak, particularly his three point shooting and defense. On the flip side, seems his rebounding is terrible and yet no one talks about that either.
    My point is that Lin got tons of media coverage for igniting the Knicks and putting up good numbers outta no where and AA should get similar recognition for doing the same for the Raptors.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote AlienOverlord wrote: View Post
    Thanks for providing stats. They are different types of players, but AA has been instrumental to this win streak, particularly his three point shooting and defense. On the flip side, seems his rebounding is terrible and yet no one talks about that either.
    My point is that Lin got tons of media coverage for igniting the Knicks and putting up good numbers outta no where and AA should get similar recognition for doing the same for the Raptors.
    You are talking about the biggest team, in the biggest market also known as the Mecca of basketball. Lin also came from almost no played minutes and would no longer have been in the league if not for injuries to the Knicks pgs, to starting and leading the Knicks on a win streak.

Anderson plays in Toronto, the mecca of hockey, while getting minutes both last year and this year, playing as a back up/6th man and having up and down games along the way.

No idea why one would expect similar recognition.

Anderson has been a good solid back up, on a mediocre team in a mediocre (although not ESPN friendly) market, in a hockey starved country. Not sure when thats ever going to get articles other than feel good peices from the local media.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have numbers but I think Lin-sanity lasted longer than Andersons good show. Plus his age and team(Knicks) also factored. I'm sure Anderson will get due recognition if he continues this a little longer.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    You are talking about the biggest team, in the biggest market also known as the Mecca of basketball. Lin also came from almost no played minutes and would no longer have been in the league if not for injuries to the Knicks pgs, to starting and leading the Knicks on a win streak.

Anderson plays in Toronto, the mecca of hockey, while getting minutes both last year and this year, playing as a back up/6th man and having up and down games along the way.

Anderson has been a good solid back up, on a mediocre team in a mediocre (although not ESPN friendly) market, in a hockey starved country. Not sure when thats ever going to get articles other than feel good peices from the local media.
    Agree with all of this.

I hope no one takes offense but I believe his ethnicity also had an impact on the story and hype. Before I am called a racist or anything (and that is hardly my intention in making the statement) think back to when the Knicks visited Toronto.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post

Valid points, but the Raptors have one of the top five records over the past month after starting the season with one of the worst and Anderson has been huge in that turnaround. While he got some minutes last year, he's been trying to find a foot hold in this league like Lin was.
    While I can see why the Americans will continue to ignore all things Raptors, what about Canadian media and us fans? Seems like most posters here either don't care about him or write him off but he's providing what everyone wanted out of small forward and at what cost? Gotta be one of the best values in the NBA right now.