Andersome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andersome

What kind of numbers was Jeremy Lin putting up when Linsanity swept the league? Seems to me Anderson is putting up really great numbers, why aren't we more pumped? Is he getting articles written about him? We've wanted three point shooting from the small forward position and he's providing that, as well as good defense and hustle. Why does it feel like he's being overlooked?

AlienOverlord wrote: View Post
    What kind of numbers was Jeremy Lin putting up when Linsanity swept the league? Seems to me Anderson is putting up really great numbers, why aren't we more pumped? Is he getting articles written about him? We've wanted three point shooting from the small forward position and he's providing that, as well as good defense and hustle. Why does it feel like he's being overlooked?
    Two different players. Lin is a drive and kick PG with a decent shot, while Anderson needs others to get him his. Anderson is also 30 years old. A closer comparison is Greivis Vasquez:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...qugr01&y3=2013

We highlight Vasquez as a "value" draft pick a couple years ago:
    http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/06/2...sed-big-board/
    http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Thanks for providing stats. They are different types of players, but AA has been instrumental to this win streak, particularly his three point shooting and defense. On the flip side, seems his rebounding is terrible and yet no one talks about that either.
      My point is that Lin got tons of media coverage for igniting the Knicks and putting up good numbers outta no where and AA should get similar recognition for doing the same for the Raptors.

Comment

Thanks for providing stats. They are different types of players, but AA has been instrumental to this win streak, particularly his three point shooting and defense. On the flip side, seems his rebounding is terrible and yet no one talks about that either.
        My point is that Lin got tons of media coverage for igniting the Knicks and putting up good numbers outta no where and AA should get similar recognition for doing the same for the Raptors.
        You are talking about the biggest team, in the biggest market also known as the Mecca of basketball. Lin also came from almost no played minutes and would no longer have been in the league if not for injuries to the Knicks pgs, to starting and leading the Knicks on a win streak.

Anderson plays in Toronto, the mecca of hockey, while getting minutes both last year and this year, playing as a back up/6th man and having up and down games along the way.

No idea why one would expect similar recognition.

Anderson has been a good solid back up, on a mediocre team in a mediocre (although not ESPN friendly) market, in a hockey starved country. Not sure when thats ever going to get articles other than feel good peices from the local media.

Comment

I don't have numbers but I think Lin-sanity lasted longer than Andersons good show. Plus his age and team(Knicks) also factored. I'm sure Anderson will get due recognition if he continues this a little longer.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
            You are talking about the biggest team, in the biggest market also known as the Mecca of basketball. Lin also came from almost no played minutes and would no longer have been in the league if not for injuries to the Knicks pgs, to starting and leading the Knicks on a win streak.

Anderson plays in Toronto, the mecca of hockey, while getting minutes both last year and this year, playing as a back up/6th man and having up and down games along the way.

Anderson has been a good solid back up, on a mediocre team in a mediocre (although not ESPN friendly) market, in a hockey starved country. Not sure when thats ever going to get articles other than feel good peices from the local media.
            Agree with all of this.

I hope no one takes offense but I believe his ethnicity also had an impact on the story and hype. Before I am called a racist or anything (and that is hardly my intention in making the statement) think back to when the Knicks visited Toronto.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post

Valid points, but the Raptors have one of the top five records over the past month after starting the season with one of the worst and Anderson has been huge in that turnaround. While he got some minutes last year, he's been trying to find a foot hold in this league like Lin was.
              While I can see why the Americans will continue to ignore all things Raptors, what about Canadian media and us fans? Seems like most posters here either don't care about him or write him off but he's providing what everyone wanted out of small forward and at what cost? Gotta be one of the best values in the NBA right now.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Agree with all of this.

I hope no one takes offense but I believe his ethnicity also had an impact on the story and hype. Before I am called a racist or anything (and that is hardly my intention in making the statement) think back to when the Knicks visited Toronto.
                Lin himself has acknowledged race as well. He's trying very hard to live up to his contract. I hope he does - he's a decent man first and foremost.

As for Anderson, I'm so happy for him. A proud father and a hard worker. I hope his success continues and re-signs with Toronto for several more years. I think it's great he's flying under the radar like Jrue Holiday. The thing is, once ESPN starts writing about him, that's when distractions come in, followed by poor play. I don't want media attention to dust off the chip on his shoulder. No one wanted him. Now he's here and proving many people wrong.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Valid points, but the Raptors have one of the top five records over the past month after starting the season with one of the worst and Anderson has been huge in that turnaround. While he got some minutes last year, he's been trying to find a foot hold in this league like Lin was.
                  While I can see why the Americans will continue to ignore all things Raptors, what about Canadian media and us fans? Seems like most posters here either don't care about him or write him off but he's providing what everyone wanted out of small forward and at what cost? Gotta be one of the best values in the NBA right now.
                  No doubt Anderson is a value player right now. No doubt about it.

But the only similarity between Anderson and Lin is the team record over a 14 game stretch: 10-4.

Positions have already been pointed out but lets look at statistics.

Lin:
                  35.1 mins
                  20.9 pts
                  7.3-15.4 fg
                  .472 fg%
                  0.9-2.9 3pt
                  .325 3pt%
                  5.4-7.1 ft
                  .758 ft%
                  4.0 rebs
                  8.4 asts
                  0.1 blk
                  2.1 stl
                  5.0 to
                  http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...012/jeremy-lin

During that stretch Lin also hit dramatic game winning shots (one against Toronto).

Anderson has been getting about 26 mins off the bench, shooting 40% and 32% from deep, averaging about 14 points, 2.5 rebs, 2 ast, and a steal.

The Raptor/Anderson love is great but Anderson's recent string has nothing on what Lin did last year in my opinion.

Comment

Lin is also Chinese and Anderson is black. All of the dumb Chinese people who just like things because they are Chinese and not actually fans of the game got behind Lin to blow that out of control. In sum fuck China and their Shark Fin eating country.

Comment

Lin also got 37 points against the Lakers, which really blew the whole Linsanity thing up.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                        Lin also got 37 points against the Lakers, which really blew the whole Linsanity thing up.
                        Ok, but Anderson poured in 19 in one quarter against OKC, nearly breaking the Raptors all time high score in one quarter, which is 20. He only got 8 points the rest of the game, which is too bad, but it was still a crazy quarter against one of the best teams.
                        I'll agree with Balls of Steel, too much media attention could negatively effect him but I'd still like to see more love on these boards. He just seems to be an after thought right now, some one we'll play if needed because we don't have an all star small forward, but I think the play he has given us should have us thinking long term for Anderson. If not for him we might be giving up a low lottery pick this year, instead it seems likely we'll be giving up a high pick, which hurts much less.

Comment

I have certainly been an Anderson fanboy since the first 10-day stint. I love the under dog stories. But we can't get crazy with it. Anderson has shown that he can produce with some consistency (forgetting about Sundays game against Milwaukee) and while it is easy to get teed off that he didn't come through, it is important to remember that a good part of the recent winning has been because of his better nights.

Anderson could be a strong bench unit guy. He DOES play good defence. He rarely turns the ball over. He can hit three's. He is also a little inconsistent. I would be happy to see the Raps tie him up with a three year deal for 2-3 million per.

Comment

Lin was single-handedly winning games for the Knicks. Anderson, despite his recent stretch, has a much smaller role in the Raptors machine. The recent success of the Raptors could just as easily be attributed to Calderon, Davis and/or Amir.
                            Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Jan 14, 2013, 03:00 PM.

Comment

The Knicks had two so called superstars and was failing badly. This was already a big story. The superstars get injured and Lin carried the team and they start winning. The story isn't even in the same ballpark even if you don't consider the difference in general media attention both teams get.

Comment

Working...
                              X