View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take other teams sh!t for prospects & picks

20 46.51%
  • Keep doing what we are doing. We already have talent!

11 25.58%
  • Time to accelerate the plan and go get a player such as Gay.

11 25.58%
  • Other (please tell in comments)

1 2.33%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Revisited: Blow it up..... Seriously?? (Part 2)

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    True. I think he could be a long-term piece, but I just wouldn't put him in the same 'untouchable' category that I would put Valanciunas & Ross.
    Oh yeah. Definitely agree.

The only untouchable for me is JV.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Reinholt: regardless of whether I agree with you or not, welcome to RR! I thoroughly enjoy reading posts such as these.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    That's pretty much the answer I was looking for, with apologies to Matt who wasn't able to convince me at all. How is not starting until your 5th year NOT relevant?

So would you say that bringing in Lowry to begin with was a mistake? As you said, the make up of this team was not an environment in which Lowry could thrive in. But we traded a first round pick for him -- weak draft or not, the decision here was to trade future for a guy that was never going to be a good fit without other drastic changes to the roster which were obviously not made.

I know your choice, but what's more likely to happen here -- building around Lowry who is currently being used as the backup point guard and bringing in guys who can create their own shot and shoot with range (we have several guys locked in already that don't do these things) and a few trading pieces that no one wants -- or is it more realistic to build around Calderon and improving other areas to carry us above that borderline 8th seed potential? Might not be a better option, but I see the latter as a more probable course of action.
    I don't know. Ask Steve Nash.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think one of the biggest priorities for the remainder of the season should be really trying to understand what sort of asset they have in Davis. I love how he's grown as a player over the last year and especially the last couple months. But a lot of his chances are coming off of assists for easy looks, an improved jumper, second-chance points, and transition. The player that the Raptors need going forward (assuming the plan is to move forward with Lowry and not Calderon) is a post player to can be a primary option in the offense and create his own shot, demand a double-team, and pass out of it when it comes. This is, of course, assuming that Valanciunas is, as he's shown so far, at his best as a pick-and-roll player, setting a lot of high screens and then crashing the paint. Davis has shown a couple post moves that he can use effectively, but he's hardly at the level where he demands a double-team yet. His post game will improve over time simply by him putting on added mass so he can back guys down, but he needs more moves (or perhaps just more practice and confidence with the moves he has).

There's some very good bigs hitting free agency this year (Millsap, Smith, Jefferson, West, Hickson) and the Raptors need to make a decision about whether they can go forward with Davis, or whether they need to upgrade that position, because they might not get a better opportunity than this offseason.

I'd make him the first option in the offense for a while (after we get a couple of our injured bigs back), not because I think that's the Raptors' best strategy to win games, but because it'll will, at best, make him a better player and improve his confidence in the post, or at worst show that he's not going to be a key part of the Raptors core.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Reinholt wrote: View Post
    A few points as someone who has watched a decent amount of Houston and Memphis ball...

1 - I strongly disagree with you about Conley. Conley is a very underrated point; combined with Allen, the defense provided by the Memphis guards is one of the least talked about aspects of that team's success. He's a plus defensively, has three point range, and distributes the ball effectively within what is a very big-man oriented attack. If Gasol and Randolph (neither of whom need to be assisted for a decent number of their points, and the former of whom is an excellent passer himself that they often run the offense through) weren't on that team, you'd see a higher assist total for Conley, so the fact that he willingly plays a team game and defends like an angry wolverine hides his value somewhat (as those are not captured well by the box score). However, that shouldn't cause people to underestimate him. A lot of teams would probably swap PGs with Memphis.

2 - That last year in Houston, Lowry was playing very well before he went down, and the team was playing well around him. Dragic clearly picked up the slack and continued to deliver, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it was a good decision not to give Lowry his job back (more like 50-50), and there were clearly some very deep issues between him and McHale to begin with that created issues for the team (they lost both Lowry and Dragic and only bailed themselves out with a hail mary for Lin, so you can't say that was handled well, and Lowry has the best contract of those three for a team). For instance, if DeMar went down for the Raptors, and someone stepped in and provide materially similar stats with the team performing identically and DeMar lost his job, does that mean he's suddenly a bad player? Should he even have lost his job? The Lowry situation at the end of the Houston tenure was ugly, and notice Dragic is a starter elsewhere as well. It's possible for teams to have multiple starting quality guys at a single position; in fact, it can create problems (just look at the double-center issue the Lakers are having right now), and in this case, it did.

3 - With all that said, Lowry is in a terrible situation for the Raptors. The team will probably perform worse with him at the point than they will with Calderon; Lowry plays better when he can execute a drive and kick game, which means he needs shooters surrounding him. Other than Calderon and Bargnani (both of whom are minus defenders, one of whom creates an undersized backcourt when played with Lowry, and one of whom is slightly more lethargic than most sloths), who does Toronto even have with 3pt range to play alongside him? Calderon is the best point for this team right now because nobody can create a shot for themselves, and nobody can shoot the 3 reliably. In the same way, if you put Mike Conley or Brandon Jennings on this team, they'd probably be a worse fit for the Raptors than Calderon, but I doubt you're going to see any GMs trading either of those guys (despite what warts they may have) straight up for Calderon. The problem is the brutal offensive deficiency of the Raptors lineup; when you need nearly Steve Nash level passing just to get to league average, you're in bad shape. The reality is their two best offenses for the Raptors are Calderon creating shots for everyone else with his passing (and then giving up just as much on defense, which should lead you to a .500 or sub-.500 but non-terrible team, which is exactly what the Raps have been during his tenure) or Lowry going mid-2000s Kobe and trying to score 40+ a game because nobody else on the team can play offense.

So with all that said, the problem isn't Lowry (he's pretty good if a bit selfish on offense, yet people often forget he's a ridiculously good individual defender and should be a big plus for most well constructed teams). It's terrible team management by the GM, a talent deficit on offense, and poorly fitting parts. Either you can top out as a borderline 8-seed with Calderon leading an attack, or you have to tear it down to build around Lowry with a very different cast, but that's your two options if you look at the point for the Raptors right now. Personally I'd go with Lowry and trade Calderon, because I'd rather have the upside and Calderon is probably out after this season anyways.
    Kaboom. I couldn't have said this any better.

Perfect example is last night vs the bucks. Clearly, Lowry's role has not been fully established after coming back from injury. He's not the starter, but seems to play heavy minutes and close games, unless, he was as bad as yesterday. But he wasnt bad because his game stunk, he was bad because he's not playing his game. When he came in after Jose got injured, it was way too obvious that he was trying to feed Ed and Amir, i mean i want him to pass, but not at the expense of him losing his own style of play. And the the problem was he couldnt find Ed and Amir in their spots, because again he does not play like that. He was passing off shots trying to look to pass most of the time. Sure Jose comes in and gets Ed and Amir buckets. But if they play against bigs and Ed and Amir have trouble scoring, whats Jose going to do? What im saying is you need your PG to be able to get defenses guessing, if he's going to pass, penetrate, shoot the three, and Lowry is that type of PG.

Lowry, Ross, Gay, Ed, JV. Thats the ticket right there!!

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

4 - So with all that, what do you do? It's a matter of preference. Being a borderline 8-seed with Calderon for 3-4 years before all this crap rolls off is one option (in which case, they should trade Lowry, as he instantly becomes their best trade asset in that case... also, Dallas seems to need a starting quality PG and has some shooters, just saying). The other is to tear down whatever you can, try to get out from under those guys if possible, and build a team around Lowry that can win. You have lower upside but lower downside in case one. You have higher upside but higher downside in case two. It's a matter of personal preference, but the punch line is either you trade Lowry to become a poor man's Milwaukee, or you trade Calderon and become anything from OKC to the Wizards.

Either way, take away BC's ball and send him home. He's done a terrible job; in stats speak, he's a worse than replacement level GM.
    I'm not sure that the first is a real option given the imminent expiration of Calderon's contract. Here are the real options:

1) Keep Lowry and hope we can get better players by trading Calderon, Bargnani, Fields, DeRozan
    2) Pray Calderon sticks around and trade Lowry, Bargnani, Fields, DeRozan

You probably can win a championship with Lowry as your second best player, however. That's probably something that can't be said about any other Raptor. That's why I think you keep him. You have to start somewhere.
    Houston wasn't anywhere near winning one with Lowry as their second best player. I'm thinking the best player in the league teamed up with Lowry isn't going to win you anything. (ie: if Durant and Westbrook can't do it alone, neither can Mr. Basketball + Kyle Lowry.)

Btw, to answer the thread's question -- yes, for Pete's sake -- blow it up.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't know. Ask Steve Nash.
    LOL! Terrible, terrible example. Steve Nash started in his 5th year, sure, but never looked back. Kyle Lowry? Still a backup.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Terrible example. Steve Nash started in his 5th year, sure, but never looked back. Kyle Lowry? Still a backup.
    But yet you are claiming because he was not a starter for 5 seasons that means something. No, it doesn't. It means situations and circumstances have dictated otherwise.

I get it. You think Lowry is a backup. Moving on?
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the "Houston didn't win" example holds water either (though realistically, Lowry was the best player there the entire time he was starting). I mean, same thing could have been said about Shaq until he paired up with Kobe...

Circumstances are the issue. I think the point I am making is this: Lowry is the most valuable asset the Raptors have. If you are so low on Lowry that you don't think he can even be a second banana on a good team, then the Raptors have literally nothing, and should go full nuclear and descend to Bobcats like levels of suckitude in order to tank for high draft picks, as that's the last option left open to them.

I personally think the picture is not that bleak (developing KL, JV, and Ross while letting the bad contracts roll to open up cap space, and filling in with cheaper, better roleplayers should create an entertaining team that is semi-competitive for a few years), but if you think that about Lowry, your only answer is scorched earth.

Post Thanks / Like

But yet you are claiming because he was not a starter for 5 seasons that means something. No, it doesn't. It means situations and circumstances have dictated otherwise.

I get it. You think Lowry is a backup. Moving on?
    I don't think he's a backup. I just see a player who keeps getting relegated to a backup, over and over again. If this were Year 5 it would be different but this is Year 7.

I do agree it does seem like Lowry's career has been full of hard luck or really bad timing. He's drafted, gets hurt, they draft someone else and he's replaced. He gets traded to Houston. Backup for a year, then he starts and leads his team to 4 games above .500. Here we go, right? Nope, he gets hurt and gets replaced again. Traded again (to Toronto), gets hurt, gets replaced.

The worst, honestly, is his time with the Raptors. Nevermind what's been said about his potential, which is not just restricted to these forums. We traded for this guy to replace Jose Calderon. Think about that. Do nothing and keep the first round pick, and we have Jose Calderon as our starter.

Let's just say I expected more. Blow it up!!
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why is Ross Untouchable??

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    True. I think he could be a long-term piece, but I just wouldn't put him in the same 'untouchable' category that I would put Valanciunas & Ross.
    I know Ross is a talented player...... BUT everywhere on this site posters are saying he and JV should be untouchable. I understand why JV would be untouchable as big men usually take time to develop and when you have a good one you need to hold onto him.

I admit i was a little apprehensive about the Rudy Gay trade talks. I like Rudy Gay.... I just didnt want to give up a known hard working - improving young player in Derozan or ED to get Rudy. My question is..... How many of you Rudy Gay fans (Matt52 and Nilanka - would love to hear your answers) would give up T Ross??...... lets be honest. If you were Memphis would you want Ross or Demar?? Ross still has tons of potential and is on a rookie contract for years to come.

It is of my belief that we are one stud SF and/or C away from really being able to compete with the best of them. I like both Jose and Lowry but would include either one in a trade to net said stud SF or C. Two players that i wouldnt mind giving up young players and vets for would be Demarcus Cousins and now (convinced by a few posters - Rudy Gay).

I think DD gets game planned for night in and night out (A LOT of posters refuse to accept this reality). How much better would DD be if teams had to worry about someone else?

I would like to keep DD, ED and JV ---- tempted to say Jose and Amir. Everyone else is in play for me though.

Would you be willing to include T Ross in a trade for Rudy Gay??

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why Memphis would want Ross or DeRozan for Gay.

The main need Memphis has is a wing who can space the floor. You have a great inside game with Gasol / Randolph, but neither Gay nor Tony Allen are great three point threats, so it really cramps that offense at times. DeRozan, in particular, would make this problem even worse than it is with Gay.

Looking at this from the Memphis side, I feel like there are better deals away from Toronto (a package around Dudley from Phoenix is a better fit, in particular, as a 3 and D guy in a salary dump trade).

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Including TRoss in a trade when he showed so many flashes of huge potential would be stupid, in my opinion. You have to give him a try, at least for full year. I wouldn't be happy obtaining an all star and giving up 6 years younger, few times cheaper future all star. I'm not saying he's going to be one, but he's showing those signs.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    I know Ross is a talented player...... BUT everywhere on this site posters are saying he and JV should be untouchable. I understand why JV would be untouchable as big men usually take time to develop and when you have a good one you need to hold onto him.

I admit i was a little apprehensive about the Rudy Gay trade talks. I like Rudy Gay.... I just didnt want to give up a known hard working - improving young player in Derozan or ED to get Rudy. My question is..... How many of you Rudy Gay fans (Matt52 and Nilanka - would love to hear your answers) would give up T Ross??...... lets be honest. If you were Memphis would you want Ross or Demar?? Ross still has tons of potential and is on a rookie contract for years to come.

It is of my belief that we are one stud SF and/or C away from really being able to compete with the best of them. I like both Jose and Lowry but would include either one in a trade to net said stud SF or C. Two players that i wouldnt mind giving up young players and vets for would be Demarcus Cousins and now (convinced by a few posters - Rudy Gay).

I think DD gets game planned for night in and night out (A LOT of posters refuse to accept this reality). How much better would DD be if teams had to worry about someone else?

I would like to keep DD, ED and JV ---- tempted to say Jose and Amir. Everyone else is in play for me though.

I don't consider Ross to be untouchable. I just think his current skills would compliment a player like Gay better than DeMar's, specifically Ross's 3-point shooting. There would be more offensive balance on the wing. Plus Ross has more potential as a defender than DeMar has shown.

I don't hate DeMar at all. In fact, I wish every Raptor was blessed with DeMar's work ethic. I just think he's limited physically (lacking explosiveness, quicks, agility, and handles). It's relatively easy to defend him....that is, slag off him and dare him to shoot or force shots in traffic against 5 set defenders. The last sentence is especially true since DeMar has inexplicably forgot about his low-post prowess from earlier this year.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he's a backup. I just see a player who keeps getting relegated to a backup, over and over again. If this were Year 5 it would be different but this is Year 7.

I do agree it does seem like Lowry's career has been full of hard luck or really bad timing. He's drafted, gets hurt, they draft someone else and he's replaced. He gets traded to Houston. Backup for a year, then he starts and leads his team to 4 games above .500. Here we go, right? Nope, he gets hurt and gets replaced again. Traded again (to Toronto), gets hurt, gets replaced.

The worst, honestly, is his time with the Raptors. Nevermind what's been said about his potential, which is not just restricted to these forums. We traded for this guy to replace Jose Calderon. Think about that. Do nothing and keep the first round pick, and we have Jose Calderon as our starter.

Let's just say I expected more. Blow it up!!
    It might be year 7 but he is 26 and entering his prime.

I think the biggest issue with him replacing Calderon comes back to an indictment on Colangelo. I've said this a number of times in the last 2 days (and here goes again) but there is only one guy on Toronto who can get his own shot - and that is Lowry. A big problem with him fitting in with Toronto is the other guys need to be spoon fed to be involved. Even Calderon is rarely going to get his own without a defensive breakdown or a solid screen. The team is a mish-mash of pieces that don't work well together.

To be honest I also expected more. His conditioning is a major concern for me and I think it has led to a lot of the injuries this year.

With all that said, I still think he is the best player on this team.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't give up Ross. He is the perfect compliment to Gay. He is, in fact, the player Memphis has been searching for to start at SG or as a 6th man next to Gay. He is much farther along that DeRozan as a rookie - granted he also has 1.5 years on him. If Ross can develop a handle, he is going to be scary. If he continues to improve/become more consistent with what he has already shown, he is going to be very good.

DeRozan? Yes I would give him up.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The game vs. Milwaukee today has only solidified my belief that the Raps need to up the talent in Toronto.
    I think we can all agree that the Milwaukee game didn't (or shouldn't) change the belief that Raptors still need more talent. As for what it solidified more (for me), that would be the Raptors not making the play-offs this season.

There is no doubt Calderon makes others on the roster around him better. If we are talking pure point guard, there is no question Lowry is not even in the same league as Calderon. But when we are talking PLAYER, there is no question Calderon is not even in the same league as Lowry.
    We have a somewhat different philosophy on the Jose vs Kyle debate.

What exactly is a pure PG? That term gets bandied about, the implication being it's a pass first PG. To me, a pure PG is not just a good passer, but a player who QB's the team. Someone who leads - someone who develops the flow and speed to a game.

And what does "better player" mean? Should MVP be the best player, or the most valuable player to his team. Lowry might be the best player, but he's not the most valuable player.

Kyle is a SG in a PG body - albeit, a shorter body (I have doubts he's 6.0 feet tall). Even then, he's still not that great relative to a Shooting Guard. The simple fact is, Kyle's undersized at any position. When he gets into the paint area, his size affects his court vision and passing abilities. To me, Jose has him there.

Then there's his defensive capabilities. Personally, I think people's opinions are over-inflated when it comes to Lowry's defensive capabilities. To me, Kyle gambles too much. And his size really affects him when a mismatch occurs.

Some Kyle Lowry Stats (relative to top PG's)

The GOOD stats:
    1) eff. - 3rd for Point Guards
    2) F/Ta - 3rd
    3) Rebounds - 3rd overall, but down to 37th in January - albeit with reduced playing time.

The NOT-SO-GOOD stats:
    1) fg% - 22nd amongst PG (with 25+ minutes)
    3) 3pt % - 16th (w/25+ min)
    4) Assists - 20th @ 6.0 apg.

Fact is, Lowry's better off the Bench (or maybe it's the "Calderon is winning" effect). His Assists off the Bench - 6.4 apg (23.5 min) ... As a Starter - 5.7 apg (31.1 min).

Jose Stats as a Starter (vs Lowry as a Starter)
    1) Minutes - Jose 32.9 mpg (Kyle 31.1 mpg)
    2) fg% - .489 (.410)
    3) 3pt % - .440 (.362)
    4) Assists - 10.2 apg (5.7 apg)
    5) Turnovers - 1.8 (2.6)
    6) Rebounds - 3.3 (5.7)

Stats aside, Kyle Lowry in no way compares to Jose when it comes to Quarter Backing the team. Kyle may get it some day, but for this Raptor team - now - he's not helping. Except when he comes off the Bench - more Assists (and in less minutes), better fg%, and better 3pt%. If I didn't know better, I'd say KL is more effective in a back-up role. Question is ... can his EGO accept this?

..... And the search for that elusive star wing continues.
    As I've stated in previous posts, getting that elusive wing requires trading for it. The draft is out - for now. Free Agency is out as well (Canada eh!). That leaves a trade.

Bargnani is out ... thanks to angry fans (and media needing a good story), as well as your #tradeBargnani extravanganza. I have a question, and this is a analogy-type question, relative to buying a home. When you're touring the home, and the Owner is there, do you shout out .... I LOVE THIS F##KING HOUSE - IT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR. And then wonder why you have a poor bargaining position.

Continuing on with tradeable assets, I think we can agree that Jonas is out. Probably Ross as well - too soon to guage - he could be a Star (or close equivalent). Demar is an obligation that pushes the limits. Amir is too banged up.

That leaves Kyle Lowry - who I believe is still a good player, just not right for the Raptors. That's assuming he has no interest in being a Back-up PG. Of course you could always promote him with #KyleLowryistheBest. I'd help.

Then there is Ed Davis. Would you be willing to move Ed for an equivalent talent in the SF mold? Personally, I think Ed returns us the most - albeit, even with Andrea gone, Raps will still need a Starting PF. Ed is just not big enough, or strong enough.

Add Lowry into that (Ed) trade mix, and we should be able to get some serious talent back. Possibly a good SF (or upcoming one), to go along with a PG that Jose can mentor. Someone who JC can take a Bench role to ... DOWN THE ROAD ... for when our talent improves - new and existing.

On another note, I still agree with your previous position about Bargnani, that someone will (or may) get that Star quality out of him, or at least close to this level. I know you and others keep harping about 7 years, but to me, it was 5 years, as Andrea was still our best player last year.

http://www.82games.com/1112/1112TOR.HTM

This year ... Andrea ... along with everyone else - played like shit. I'm curious to know how he'd do when he gets back - for whatever role that should be. Lowry has adapted - for the most part. If KL can - and he never did before - why can't AB. The big Italian is playing for the Coach who pulled it out of him last season. Raptors just have to stop calling him a Franchise type, and take away the bizarre focus we've had on him.

The reason why I like him as a player - albeit I get frustrated too - is because he has the most talent on this team. Key word is "talent". For me, talent isn't jumping at the opportunity to come to Toronto Canada, no matter how much we talk about "sucking" being the reason. It never was with the earlier Vince, nor with Bosh (in the good years).

The bottom line is ... we're not going anywhere right now. This season should be about developing Jonas & Ross, taking certain players to another level, and integrating everyone into a system that can be built onto. I know this is probably point-less, but if AB can find his groove (under Casey) and become a PART (and not the focus) to this team, why jettison him for what will probably be a similar contract that has no upside ... because with all this vitrol being shared out there, what team would do such a thing - Give us more then what you and others think he's worth.

The irony to all this, is that those who hate Andrea, and want to see him go - SO BADLY ... ... they are the same ones contributing to his staying here - for reasons explained above.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I don't consider Ross to be untouchable. I just think his current skills would compliment a player like Gay better than DeMar's, specifically Ross's 3-point shooting. There would be more offensive balance on the wing. Plus Ross has more potential as a defender than DeMar has shown.

I don't hate DeMar at all. In fact, I wish every Raptor was blessed with DeMar's work ethic. I just think he's limited physically (lacking explosiveness, quicks, agility, and handles). It's relatively easy to defend him....that is, slag off him and dare him to shoot or force shots in traffic against 5 set defenders. The last sentence is especially true since DeMar has inexplicably forgot about his low-post prowess from earlier this year.
    Honestly, you can say the same about many other players in the league (However, i do notice improvement in his handles and shooting). BUT easy to defend him?? Really? He's the leading scorer on the team and gets game planned for EVERY GAME. Keep in mind DD started from DAY 1 -- I would love to see how Ross handles the other teams starters and focus.

I like Ross and dont want to shit on him, but did you see what Marquis Daniels did to Ross in like 2 minutes of the Milwaukee game?? DD started his career off (as a starter) and likely went through this daily vs starters ..... And some wonder why his work ethic is always talked about as being ridiculous (in a good way). This is because DD couldnt even shoot when he first came into the league. He works HARD and has improved for anyone with a reasonable mind to see.

Ross also needs to work on his handles and also needs to improve his shot as well. I have NO DOUBT that he may be a VERY good player in this league. BUT I would be fine having Rudy, Demar with JV, ED and Jose/Lowry. Demar is already a 18ppg 5 rpg player and he's only 23.

I guess my point is why not include Ross?? Ross will need at least 2-4 more years to turn into the player that MAY be all-star? I'm hearing that there's no way we get Rudy, but I think it would be the same scenario for any elite SF (They would want Ross and maybe we need to seriously think about it)

You will not get that stud SF or C through a trade without giving up one of TR or JV. Lets be real. *we already know the changes of getting said player through free agency....

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't give up Ross. He is the perfect compliment to Gay. He is, in fact, the player Memphis has been searching for to start at SG or as a 6th man next to Gay. He is much farther along that DeRozan as a rookie - granted he also has 1.5 years on him. If Ross can develop a handle, he is going to be scary. If he continues to improve/become more consistent with what he has already shown, he is going to be very good.

DeRozan? Yes I would give him up.
    So basically, you walk away from Rudy Gay (if Memphis demands Ross + AB + Jose)??

Post Thanks / Like

So basically, you walk away from Rudy Gay (if Memphis demands Ross + AB + Jose)??
    What? How did Bargnani get in there?

This is a moot point to begin with. Mempnis is not taking on salary and certainly not Bargnani. This adds $7M to their payroll and another $7M in tax in addition to the $4M they are desperately trying to shed.
    Bruno Caboclo

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information