Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bank of Mark Cuban open to raps?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bank of Mark Cuban open to raps?

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...ank-cuban-open Mark Cuban says he is looking to make deals before the trade deadline and he is not afraid to take on big money contracts. Maybe he might want Bargnani to play with Dirk. Do Dallas have anyone we want? Maybe we can get Vincent back to finish his career and mentor the young ones.

What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like

Poor choice of words on the last sentence there...

Otherwise, Carter over Bargnani any day of the week for me right now. Carter has been pretty solid this season. Still has a lot of spring left.

Raptors Republic Starter mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you mean something of this sort?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aktz8s2 (LOL)

I honestly don't see a Dallas-Toronto trade that would include Vince and AB that both teams could deem reasonable.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody wants Bargnani. We're stuck with him until he gets amnestied. Only way to trade him would be to include both JV and T. Ross in the trade.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only guy I'm interested in is Mayo, and I don't see Dallas letting him go.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, there is nothing on the Mavs that interests me long term except Jae Crowder. They don't even have a first round draft pick to trade.

If they were willing to take Bargnani or Kleiza for an expiring contract, then sure, sign me up. Somehow I don't think they would be as agreeable.

Cuban is in a pickle because he has few desirable trade assets.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The only guy I'm interested in is Mayo, and I don't see Dallas letting him go.
    Problem with Mayo is he is on a $4.2M player option for next season. It would be a shame to give up anything of value to have him leave.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Problem with Mayo is he is on a $4.2M player option for next season. It would be a shame to give up anything of value to have him leave.
    Extend-and-trade for DeRozan?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Cuban is running out of hope in landing a big time free agent like Howard or Paul so he's willing to now take on a big contract. Can't see them interested in a Raptor. Maybe Lowry but then they don't really have anything that I would want from them.

Could be a good team to use as a facilitator but Dallas seems to always think big.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't this actually a bad thing for the Raptors because they are more likely to end up with the players we want, ie. Milsap, Big Al, Gay, Josh Smith etc.. They have positioned themselves to provide tax releif for any team looking to get under the salary cap haven't they?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Isn't this actually a bad thing for the Raptors because they are more likely to end up with the players we want, ie. Milsap, Big Al, Gay, Josh Smith etc.. They have positioned themselves to provide tax releif for any team looking to get under the salary cap haven't they?
    This is a very good point!

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayo for DeRozan straight up? I might be inclined to do that, considering Mayo has shown he has serious upside when taken out of a star's spotlight like Rudy Gay.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Collison I would love him on the Raps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I like Collison I would love him on the Raps.
    A few years ago, I would've agreed. But Collison hasn't impressed me much since his rookie year.

Raptors Republic Starter mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Mayo for DeRozan straight up? I might be inclined to do that, considering Mayo has shown he has serious upside when taken out of a star's spotlight like Rudy Gay.
    No way bro like Matt52 said Mayo has a player option and the end of the season and he is likely to skip town if (and likely when) the season ends up without a playoff showing.

Post Thanks / Like

Crowder/Cunningham and that's about it. i really wanted BC to take Crowder with our second round pick if he was there.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    This is a very good point!
    this is irrelevant point because the Raps are not going into the luxury tax any time soon and all the A-list players will command a near max salary, which we can't afford at this point; unless we amnesty Barny...

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

orgy time: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=brgrrhm

Utah clears space for Favors/Kanter and get back a promising young big in Special Ed. They also shore up their PG position with JC (with Mo out they're starting Tinsley fer crying out loud!) and get a steady back up big rental in Kaman.

Toronto gets back Millsap, who I think most of us would love to see here, and Collison who has been very hot n cold this year but is still young and has the physical tools to be a good defender, plus he's cheap.

Mavs get Big Al Jeff. They keep most of their core but open up el banco di cuban for a legit 20/10 post presence who will take all kinds of pressure off of Dirk and likely be a huge asset in helping them to the dance.
    "Analytics has a place. It can’t be the be all end all. I’m still trying to figure out when the Oakland Athletics won a championship with all the analytics they have."
    —Coach Hollins, who is a better basketball mind than you are.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    orgy time: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=brgrrhm

Utah clears space for Favors/Kanter and get back a promising young big in Special Ed. They also shore up their PG position with JC (with Mo out they're starting Tinsley fer crying out loud!) and get a steady back up big rental in Kaman.

Toronto gets back Millsap, who I think most of us would love to see here, and Collison who has been very hot n cold this year but is still young and has the physical tools to be a good defender, plus he's cheap.

Mavs get Big Al Jeff. They keep most of their core but open up el banco di cuban for a legit 20/10 post presence who will take all kinds of pressure off of Dirk and likely be a huge asset in helping them to the dance.
    I love it.. would love to have Millsap and his Bird rights. A bit of a gamble since Millsap still might explore free agency and we could lose Ed for nothing, but I'd probably still do it.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to trade for Cuban.

Thread Information