Bank of Mark Cuban open to raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank of Mark Cuban open to raps?

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...ank-cuban-open Mark Cuban says he is looking to make deals before the trade deadline and he is not afraid to take on big money contracts. Maybe he might want Bargnani to play with Dirk. Do Dallas have anyone we want? Maybe we can get Vincent back to finish his career and mentor the young ones.

What do you guys think?

Poor choice of words on the last sentence there...

Otherwise, Carter over Bargnani any day of the week for me right now. Carter has been pretty solid this season. Still has a lot of spring left.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Did you mean something of this sort?
      http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aktz8s2 (LOL)

I honestly don't see a Dallas-Toronto trade that would include Vince and AB that both teams could deem reasonable.

Comment

Nobody wants Bargnani. We're stuck with him until he gets amnestied. Only way to trade him would be to include both JV and T. Ross in the trade.

Comment

The only guy I'm interested in is Mayo, and I don't see Dallas letting him go.

Comment

Honestly, there is nothing on the Mavs that interests me long term except Jae Crowder. They don't even have a first round draft pick to trade.

If they were willing to take Bargnani or Kleiza for an expiring contract, then sure, sign me up. Somehow I don't think they would be as agreeable.

Cuban is in a pickle because he has few desirable trade assets.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              The only guy I'm interested in is Mayo, and I don't see Dallas letting him go.
              Problem with Mayo is he is on a $4.2M player option for next season. It would be a shame to give up anything of value to have him leave.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Problem with Mayo is he is on a $4.2M player option for next season. It would be a shame to give up anything of value to have him leave.
                Extend-and-trade for DeRozan?

Comment

Seems like Cuban is running out of hope in landing a big time free agent like Howard or Paul so he's willing to now take on a big contract. Can't see them interested in a Raptor. Maybe Lowry but then they don't really have anything that I would want from them.

Could be a good team to use as a facilitator but Dallas seems to always think big.

Comment

Isn't this actually a bad thing for the Raptors because they are more likely to end up with the players we want, ie. Milsap, Big Al, Gay, Josh Smith etc.. They have positioned themselves to provide tax releif for any team looking to get under the salary cap haven't they?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      Isn't this actually a bad thing for the Raptors because they are more likely to end up with the players we want, ie. Milsap, Big Al, Gay, Josh Smith etc.. They have positioned themselves to provide tax releif for any team looking to get under the salary cap haven't they?
                      This is a very good point!

Comment

Mayo for DeRozan straight up? I might be inclined to do that, considering Mayo has shown he has serious upside when taken out of a star's spotlight like Rudy Gay.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I like Collison I would love him on the Raps.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                            I like Collison I would love him on the Raps.
                            A few years ago, I would've agreed. But Collison hasn't impressed me much since his rookie year.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              Mayo for DeRozan straight up? I might be inclined to do that, considering Mayo has shown he has serious upside when taken out of a star's spotlight like Rudy Gay.
                              No way bro like Matt52 said Mayo has a player option and the end of the season and he is likely to skip town if (and likely when) the season ends up without a playoff showing.

Comment

Working...
                              X