Thread: Lowry excused from practice...

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowry excused from practice...

Everyone was harping on Lowry's play against the Bucks (myself included, although I thought the wings were much more to blame *cough* anderson *cough*). And you could tell from his bodylanguage that SOMETHING was going on.

Well, I found this little tidbit in Doug Smiths blog this morning (which is about all his blog is ever good for -- these little nuggets of information): Lowry was excused from practices yesterday to attend a funeral.

Any chance he found out about the death before Sunday's game? Would certainly make sense...

Source: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Raptors Republic Starter mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, I would guess so b/c funerals are generally not 1 day after the death of a person

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The reality of life and death can sometimes magnify the triviality of throwing a ball in a basket.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

the loss against the bucks wasnt on Lowry yes I do agree and cencourage the fact he needs to play looking for his offense too in fact thats why I was so hyped we got him the guy can be a legit consistent scorer when he wants to be. The loss is on the wings playing with him they ust didnt produce anything and he still managed to get 7 ast in that game I believe. for the most part Lowry has been poorly used on the team so far.

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote j bean wrote: View Post
    The reality of life and death can sometimes magnify the triviality of throwing a ball in a basket.
    Well said dude.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote j bean wrote: View Post
    Can you explain if you think the death of a person known to Lowry affected his play or not?

I was about to comment but my intellect couldnt properly analyze your statement.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Can you explain if you think the death of a person known to Lowry affected his play or not?

I was about to comment but my intellect couldnt properly analyze your statement.

Considering that I know nothing of the circumstances it is impossible to know how he was affected.
    My comment was just an observation of life in general.

Thread Information