Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• game

Comment

• Lowry showing what he can do in the 4th quarter, regardless of the score. He has fight

Comment

• well lowry made that last 6 mins amazing to watch

hope this carries over

Comment

• Demar and Lowry need each other hope Lowry starts tomorrow. The teams rotation is killed with fatigue really need JV back so we can have a cohesive low post presence Acy is really a toss up still describing him in a word? Tenacious lol

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            Demar and Lowry need each other hope Lowry starts tomorrow. The teams rotation is killed with fatigue really need JV back so we can have a cohesive low post presence Acy is really a toss up still describing him in a word? Tenacious lol
            I am not ready to give Lowry the starting job - YET. But I would not be surprised if Jose sits tomorrow. He is going to be T-I-G-H-T after that knee. Plus if there was a game for Lucas to play backup, it is vs. Chicago.

Comment

• Was at the game in Brooklyn... a few observations from watching in person:

1 - JC is a solid caretaker PG for this team, but he can't overcome the offensive deficiency of the other players completely.

2 - Fields works better in space than I remembered; he had a couple of nice cuts for layups, and his defense is at least decent. Probably the best option at the 3 for the Raptors from that game.

3 - DeRozan was atrocious. Worse than I suspected. Joe Johnson annihilated him, and he contributed nothing to the Raptors.

4 - Lowry in the 4th is how I remember him from Houston; when he is on, he's a super pest on defense that makes life very hard on the other team, and he can hit big shots and create shots on offense. I think the biggest problem with him coming off the bench is that he can't do his thing from Houston where he spends three quarters making the other guys into threats and then goes for the jugular in the 4th. Clearly a guy who needs to start for a team to maximize his value.

5 - Ross had some great moments. Passes the eyeball test for outsized athleticism. Needs to work on his game overall, but the kid has potential and should probably be starting over DeRozan right now if this game is indicative of their talent levels.

6 - The bigs didn't have the size to match up well with Lopez, and there was too much over-passing in close. Several Lowry and Calderon assists were thrown away because guys didn't put shots up. Amir in particular did this.

7 - There's no point playing Lowry if the plan is for him to immediately hand off to a big. The 2nd quarter was just bad; it's the wrong system for him. If Casey wants to run those sets, he should just put one of the two guards at the point and run the offense through Fields, so at least the defensive matchups are better.

Comment

• After this game,

I think if we need a 3 pointer to win/tie a game, I would like to give Lowry that touch. Not Andrea, not DD and definitely not Kleiza.

Comment

Working...
                X