back to my question at the start of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c_bcm wrote: View Post
    I don't think management said not making the playoffs would be a disappointment. Which is different than saying the playoffs are the goal. One expects to make the playoffs the other is ecstatic to make the playoffs.
    Semantics. Management planted the idea that playoffs were a realistic possibility. Can't blame fans for believing them.

Comment

Hindsight is a blind man's justification.

It's easy to say now that the team was expected to under perform, but would they be in this situation if 1) all players were healthy and never got injured 2) Casey stuck to the winning system from the beginning of the season

I assumed this team was at least playoff bound, with 1 superstar away from getting to the 2nd round and 2 superstars away from being a contender.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
        What I find strange is that last year especiall during that first 13 game stretch it didn't matter who we played. We beat teams that were good, bad on the road or at home.

This year we don't beat teams that are any good. IMho we should beat teams like Brooklyn and Milwaukee. Especially when we play them at home.

As far as expectations I thought we could be a 40 win team this year but This went out the window at the beginning of the year after the 4-19 start.

Now, I'm really hoping we trade bargnani and Calderon. I like Jose just as much as everyone else but being forced to play him is making us severely mismanage Lowry. By reducing Lowry to a 20 minute a night player you are taking away the only guy on our team who can score 20 points a night and create shots for himself and other guys.

This organization is falling into the same trap over and over when it comes to Jose. He's a good player, but he doesn't have the talent on this team to make him effective long term with respect to our overall record. By playing him, you require derozan, Ed or Amir to create their own shot on offense during important stretches.

I'm not trying to blame Jose for everything, it may be possible for us to win with him, I'm jut saying that our team takes on a certain characteristic when he starts, which has some pros to it, but ultimately the con is that we are not an above 500 team. So in answer to the question, every game that Jose starts and we take the emphasis off of giving Lowry a chance to lead this team my expectations for the year fall.
        I think the Raps would be better off moving forward with Jose. Jose makes everyone else better and with the youth we have I think we should be concentrating on development rather than trying to win now. Letting Jose leave T.O. will be Colangelo's greatest mistake. He will prove his true value when he is surrounded by better players.

I think we are developing just fine as things on the course we are currently on. All our young players are improving and hopefully by next year we will be in the playoffs and still improving. Better to keep Jose, bring in a young point guard and have Jose mentor him for the next 3 yrs or so and then he can take over and Jose can play back-up. Lowry is not the answer for this team. Our development will be stalled when he takes over the reins.

Comment

Raptorboy wrote: View Post
          I think the Raps would be better off moving forward with Jose. Jose makes everyone else better and with the youth we have I think we should be concentrating on development rather than trying to win now. Letting Jose leave T.O. will be Colangelo's greatest mistake. He will prove his true value when he is surrounded by better players.

I think we are developing just fine as things on the course we are currently on. All our young players are improving and hopefully by next year we will be in the playoffs and still improving. Better to keep Jose, bring in a young point guard and have Jose mentor him for the next 3 yrs or so and then he can take over and Jose can play back-up. Lowry is not the answer for this team. Our development will be stalled when he takes over the reins.

I have to disagree, this team isn't ready yet, move jose so you don't waste his best years.
          "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

1. trade jose
            2. trade bargs
            3.acquire a legit sf
            4. amnesty kleiza
            5. maybe should look to acquire another centre because imo val simply isn't ready yet
            6.acquire a player like jr smit/crawford for a bench role
            7.acquire eric bledsoe. clips might not trade because cp3 might take his talents to dallas

Comment

btw, forget about tanking for wiggins because I heard he's already been promised to the bobcats.

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                1. trade jose
                2. trade bargs
                3.acquire a legit sf

4. amnesty kleiza
                5. maybe should look to acquire another centre because imo val simply isn't ready yet
                6.acquire a player like jr smit/crawford for a bench role
                7.acquire eric bledsoe. clips might not trade because cp3 might take his talents to dallas
                Brilliant! Why didn't anyone else think of this?

Comment

I'm satisfied. The team since the early season slump we've seen a higher winning percentage than in the recent past with the same players plus some rookies and Lowry. Oftentimes we see last year's typical starting lineup on the floor together, doing better than they did last season. The rookies are fitting in nicely and the team is generally very competitive with even the good teams. And the best thing is the offense has really come around. That was the big problem last year. Casey said he ignored offense to focus on defense. And I believe he promised to bring the offense up to snuff this year. And he has. Next year he will hopefully combine them together more. He likes athletic players and BC is getting him some. Positive development is happening right before our eyes, but a lot of people can't see the forest for the trees. Seems every game causes people to declare a new theory of who or what is the problem. How big a jump from last season did you expect with three rookies, an "enigmatic" leading scorer and a culture of losing? Patience people. Stay positive. Things could look a lot worse right now.

It's true we're beating fewer of the good teams this year. Perhaps those teams, being good ones, don't underestimate the Raptors anymore like they might have last season. (Triano's legacy?)

Comment

Working...
                  X