Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: De-SSAPPEAR DeRozan...DeMar where are you??

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default De-SSAPPEAR DeRozan...DeMar where are you??

How does DeMar expect to get the respect of a leader on this team when he continues to dissappear and float on the perimeter when he needs to be attacking the basket and taking this team on his back, or at least taking some pressure off of KL so they can't just focus on KL. Don't mean to be so negative, and I am not a DD Hater, but in order for him to take that next step and be a legit star on this team they need him to not dissappear. The sad thing is that the worse thing that happened in OT was when AA fouled out, he definietly knew what had to be done and was the most aggresive player in OT!! Anyone else agree or am i totally "floating on the perimeter away from the play" (a la DD) on this opinion???

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Completely agree with everythign you just said.

DeRozan DISAPPEARS all the time when the game is on the line. Defensively he's a non factor. Horrible rebounder, no playmaking skills.

So i ask this again, why is he getting this much minutes? the guy is is getting 35-40mins/game. Main reason IMO why he's averaging 18ppg.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

if lowry starts next game after that gutsy performance, I guarantee demar will make you shut up.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry played for most of the game today, good derozan did not make a show. He looked disinterested.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Lowry played for most of the game today, good derozan did not make a show. He looked disinterested.
    was not his best game, true. But I stand by my statement.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Derozan has always been a floater..doubt that ever changes..Trade him NOW before were stuck with him. Once T.Ross becomes more consistant, Demar will be nothing more then bench fodder.. at least T.Ross is always moving on offence, running off screens & such.. it helps our offence much more then Demar who's known to be a pour 3pt shooter parking his ass on the 3pt line & doing nothing else..Demar is a POSER!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

To me the only advantage that DeRozan has right now over Ross is experience. That's it.

Ross is a much better shooter, much better defender, better rebounder.

Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan isn't the player some of you think he is.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    memphis will definitely give it a thought, but Hollinger is............... kinda smart with his observation

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

His foul on Belinelli was the last straw. He couldn't guard him. What a pylon.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    if lowry starts next game after that gutsy performance, I guarantee demar will make you shut up.
    Yeah. I agree with this fully. Calderon rarely breaks plays, and always looks to bigs first.
    He's a pick-&-roll ball-handler. With Lowry's aggressiveness, Lowry is able to drive and kick to Derozan, opening space for driving lanes because of help. Calderon rarely calls Derozan's number either, he's usually hitting wings when they're moving without the ball or wide open.

Lowry and Demar play well off one another. Did no one see the start of the season?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    To me the only advantage that DeRozan has right now over Ross is experience. That's it.

Not to mention athleticism is better, but very, very skinny. Doesn't seem like the body type where you can put on some serious mass.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Not to mention athleticism is better, but very, very skinny. Doesn't seem like the body type where you can put on some serious mass.
    Why would he want to?

Ray Allen certainly did alright with a slight frame.

Strength and mass are not like love and marriage - i.e. you can't have one without the other.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Rookie IamNotAmirJohnson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the same thing after the game. DD looked 1/2 scared + 1/2 pissed off about some missed calls way earlier in the game. I'd have sat him in OT and put in Ross who at least could give us some defense - and if Demar's not going to/can't get to the rim - at least put a purer shooter in there. That childish foul on Bellinelli was awful...

Raptors Republic Rookie Scummer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

I disagree a bit on this. DD is a better shooter NOW than Ross, but Ross will be better than DD in almost all facets in a couple of years. I've always liked Demar, but my beef with him is he doesn't have that 'screw this, I'm just going to keep driving the net and draw fouls and put this team on my back' mentality. He starts to make a move, gets blocked and gives up quickly and passes the ball like most of the time. He looks like he lacks confidence in that situation.

But here's another thing, DD more than any other player I've seen in a long time does not get foul calls from officials. I don't know why that is, maybe he's pissed off a bunch of refs in the league, but it's to the point of being ridiculous. And I think this is one reason he doesn't drive the net as much as we would like. If he knew he'd get a call, we'd see it more.

Eventually, I think DD ideally would be a solid 2 coming off the bench, definitely not a starter on a good team. But on this Raps team......

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Derozan has always been a floater..doubt that ever changes..Trade him NOW before were stuck with him. Once T.Ross becomes more consistant, Demar will be nothing more then bench fodder.. at least T.Ross is always moving on offence, running off screens & such.. it helps our offence much more then Demar who's known to be a pour 3pt shooter parking his ass on the 3pt line & doing nothing else..Demar is a POSER!! LOL
    Agree. My fear is T. Ross starts patterning his game with Demars. Get rid of him before he becomes a bad influence.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Why would he want to?

Ray Allen certainly did alright with a slight frame.

Strength and mass are not like love and marriage - i.e. you can't have one without the other.
    Durant too.

Thread Information