Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: De-SSAPPEAR DeRozan...DeMar where are you??

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    DeRozan isn't the player some of you think he is.
    No shit, einstein.

Rude comment on my part but i entirely agree with you.

For me tho, he's not the player we all thought he was going to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Completely agree with everythign you just said.

DeRozan DISAPPEARS all the time when the game is on the line. Defensively he's a non factor. Horrible rebounder, no playmaking skills.

So i ask this again, why is he getting this much minutes? the guy is is getting 35-40mins/game. Main reason IMO why he's averaging 18ppg.
    He got his contract, why would he bother? What if he broke a nail?

Leave the guy alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect statement from Jack Armstrong last night.

He said it was one of those games that Demar couldve used to just go nuts, score 30+pts by attacking the defense and just make the game his own. Chance to separate himself as the clear cut leader of the team.

But Demar choked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Perfect statement from Jack Armstrong last night.

He said it was one of those games that Demar couldve used to just go nuts, score 30+pts by attacking the defense and just make the game his own. Chance to separate himself as the clear cut leader of the team.

But Demar choked.
    No, he didn't choke. He is what he is. He is never going to be a guy that takes over games cause he can't shoot threes, he can't consistently break down defenders one-on-one to get to the rim and he can't break down people to make plays for teammates. That's how you score late in the NBA.

Lowry has the capability of taking over games late cause he can break defenders down and he can shoot the 3-ball. He also made some terrific plays last night that led to buckets. I don't think he can do it night in and night out but he at least has the requisite skills.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    No, he didn't choke. He is what he is. He is never going to be a guy that takes over games cause he can't shoot threes, he can't consistently break down defenders one-on-one to get to the rim and he can't break down people to make plays for teammates. That's how you score late in the NBA.

Lowry has the capability of taking over games late cause he can break defenders down and he can shoot the 3-ball. He also made some terrific plays last night that led to buckets. I don't think he can do it night in and night out but he at least has the requisite skills.
    Yes, i do agree, poor choice of words on my part.

Thats why you need a Gay or somebody else who can close besides him.

Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post

Yes - Demar is not that player. And he plays big minutes because we lack alternative. Ross is stil la rookie - Casey wouldn't put a rookie in OT when the game is on the line. Fields is questionable about everything excpet rebounding now. So as above - we need superior talent or Colangelo should have never given this contract to Derozan and the expactations that the organization and the fans have is too much for Derozan. But this one is on the managament not on Derozan. He is a great guy who likes Toronto and works hard. It ain't his fault the organization wants him to be a player he isn't and never going to be.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There aren't a lot of guys that put a team on their backs to win a game you guys set your bar way too high we don't have an LBJ, KD, KB. Only a slect few guys can be given the ball anywhere and make something out of nothing....talking like you want Demar to dribble up the court break all the defenders and score he isnt that.

Unfair judgments on the poor guy solution, start Lowry and let him play with Lowry for those minutes he will be more productive.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry was on the floor for most the second half & overtime with Demar..i didnt see any improvement in his game playing with Lowry..this notion that Demar is better off playing with Lowry rather then Jose is rediculous!

Post Thanks / Like

You saw the first 10 games didnt you? or any of the games for that matter with Lowry starting?

The opponent was the bulls you know top 3 defensive team in the league...They allow the least amount of points around the basket. You guys are selling Demar short very very short it isn't easy to score on the Bulls Lowry and Anderson had it going so leave it them. Bulls are not a good team for DeRozan to go off on. It doesnt really matter he will have a number of big games again no doubt and everyone will just start praising him again.

His positives highly outweigh his negatives.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Lowry was on the floor for most the second half & overtime with Demar..i didnt see any improvement in his game playing with Lowry..this notion that Demar is better off playing with Lowry rather then Jose is rediculous!
    so a 1 game sample is enough to prove your point? fuck off!!

someone earlier described derozan as 1/2 scared 1/2 pissed off, and I have to agree, some of the worst body language I've seen from him all season. You've never been discouraged before?

I am not concluding anything, I am just saying we need to base your conclusion that derozan is just as bad playing with lowry, off more than 1/2 a game, where derozan's mental state was visibly affected, and against one of the best defensive teams in the league.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

And DeRozan played well in the first quarter with Jose on the floor ...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post

someone earlier described derozan as 1/2 scared 1/2 pissed off, and I have to agree, some of the worst body language I've seen from him all season. You've never been discouraged before?

I am not concluding anything, I am just saying we need to base your conclusion that derozan is just as bad playing with lowry, off more than 1/2 a game, where derozan's mental state was visibly affected, and against one of the best defensive teams in the league.
    At least he provided a sample, something more than the one claiming the contrary failed to do ...

The claim that DeRozan is playing better with Kyle Lowry than with Jose is based upon absolutely nothing other than a casual unquantified observation. I have no idea whether it's true or not - it's certainly not something I noticed - so I'd like to see some data to back this up.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post

its been going on for more then just one game!! i just used that as an example because it was Demar's longest period on court with Lowry in quite some time.. Demar has been around T.O long enough to get a sense of the type of player he is & hes always been a floater who doesnt seem interested most of the time..same as Bargs.. if you've come to any other conclusion on Demars game U must not be watching the games in full..maybe stop watching game in an hour then come back after 40 games & tell me if you've seen enough of a sample size yet..

& i dont appriciate being told to fuck off for expressing my opinion...ive not been rude to u till this point, lets keep it clean..

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If he is trying to make the allstar team, he is not going about it the right way.

Post Thanks / Like

Unlike Bargnani though Derozan works on his game and actually gives a shit saying otherwise is just an insult to the dude. Granted his defense is pretty bad but its something you can learn and get better at any player can and he has the work ethic to go improve that part of his game. Bad games happen to everyone and as fans we are never really satisfied and will nitpick every little thing.

On to the next one he always bounces back so lets just put away the pitchforks and torches for a minute he isnt what is wrong with the team.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    At least he provided a sample, something more than the one claiming the contrary failed to do ...

The claim that DeRozan is playing better with Kyle Lowry than with Jose is based upon absolutely nothing other than a casual unquantified observation. I have no idea whether it's true or not - it's certainly not something I noticed - so I'd like to see some data to back this up.
    i hope this is just a jab at me, b/c that is an extremely weak argument. Im not looking up the game records.

derozan is a very oppurtunistic (dependent) player, he just doesn't have the talent to force things too much.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    its been going on for more then just one game!! i just used that as an example because it was Demar's longest period on court with Lowry in quite some time.. Demar has been around T.O long enough to get a sense of the type of player he is & hes always been a floater who doesnt seem interested most of the time..same as Bargs.. if you've come to any other conclusion on Demars game U must not be watching the games in full..maybe stop watching game in an hour then come back after 40 games & tell me if you've seen enough of a sample size yet..

& i dont appriciate being told to fuck off for expressing my opinion...ive not been rude to u till this point, lets keep it clean..
    I agree that Demar has been Demar regardless of whether the PG was Jose, Lowry, Lucas, Jack or Bayless.

I don't think he quite floats like Bargnani though. He's just not very good and he's trying to force things he's can't do well (ie. play in isolation). He's a one dimensional player that should be coming off the bench. Bargnani is offensive talent with no effort - Demar is effort without the talent anywhere.

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

atleast give derozan a chance to prove to you he can play with lowry, he did at the beggining of the season before lowry got banged up, they were averaging like 45-50 pts a game!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan needs to learn them lowry handles
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    No shit, einstein.

Rude comment on my part but i entirely agree with you.

For me tho, he's not the player we all thought he was going to be.
    Thanks fuckface! :P

Thread Information