Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Durant wanted to play for the Raptors

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Durant wanted to play for the Raptors

    Just to get the blood boiling on this forum, Kevin Durant was on The Dan Patrick Show this morning and Dan Patrick asked him which team he wanted to play for growing up. I shit you not, he said the Raptors. Don't believe me click this link http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/01/17...and-his-skins/ and skip to about the 4:10 mark.
    Last edited by Arsenalist; Thu Jan 17th, 2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Fixed awful thread title.
    Deadallus

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Deadallus wrote: View Post
    Just to get the blood boiling on this forum, Kevin Durant was on The Dan Patrick Show this morning and Dan Patrick asked him which team he wanted to play for growing up. I shit you not, he said the Raptors. Don't believe me click this link http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/01/17...and-his-skins/ and skip to about the 4:10 mark.
    Just goes to show what kind of impact VC had on Toronto. His fans which looked up to him are now stars and we've not seen another player of his calibre since he left.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie robert parrish 00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default thank for sharing

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Just goes to show what kind of impact VC had on Toronto. His fans which looked up to him are now stars and we've not seen another player of his calibre since he left.
    That was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    he is the exception not the rule. It is refreshing to see an open minded (superstar) athlete for once.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Durant has said in some interviews that the raptors were one of his fav teams growing up.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    TDOT
    Posts
    689
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    even tho I might be the only raptor fan that disliked vince, you can't deny the impact he had on this franchise. don't understand why the even let amir wear #15
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote knickz wrote: View Post
    even tho I might be the only raptor fan that disliked vince, you can't deny the impact he had on this franchise. don't understand why the even let amir wear #15
    Agreed I like Amit and all but why is he wearing 15 ugh get your own number.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote knickz wrote: View Post
    even tho I might be the only raptor fan that disliked vince, you can't deny the impact he had on this franchise. don't understand why the even let amir wear #15
    He can wear whatever number he wants. Carter never got his jersey retired and doesn't deserve to.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    TDOT
    Posts
    689
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Deadallus wrote: View Post
    Just to get the blood boiling on this forum, Kevin Durant was on The Dan Patrick Show this morning and Dan Patrick asked him which team he wanted to play for growing up. I shit you not, he said the Raptors. Don't believe me click this link http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/01/17...and-his-skins/ and skip to about the 4:10 mark.
    I guess you don't look at my sig? he said this at the 2010 draft. it was funny because the reporter tried to get him to say that he shoulda been a wizards fan lol
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Deadallus wrote: View Post
    Just to get the blood boiling on this forum, Kevin Durant was on The Dan Patrick Show this morning and Dan Patrick asked him which team he wanted to play for growing up. I shit you not, he said the Raptors. Don't believe me click this link http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/01/17...and-his-skins/ and skip to about the 4:10 mark.
    What got my blood boiling was the smirk on the dj's face and the evil laugh as soon as Durant said "Toronto Raptors"

    Idiot.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    874
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    What got my blood boiling was the smirk on the dj's face and the evil laugh as soon as Durant said "Toronto Raptors"

    Idiot.
    Yeah, caught that too. A-hole. People seem to forget that the Raps were an exciting up and coming team back then. When VC was at his prime, Raps were a regular feature in USA Today sports section. Even Kobe has stated multiple times that if the Raps kept T-Mac and VC together and stayed healthy, he is sure they would have won multiple championships. Can't really argue with that.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    TDOT
    Posts
    689
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    What got my blood boiling was the smirk on the dj's face and the evil laugh as soon as Durant said "Toronto Raptors"

    Idiot.
    just caught that part, these americans really think this country is 3rd class
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote knickz wrote: View Post
    just caught that part, these americans really think this country is 3rd class
    The uneducated unworldly Americans. It's hard for them. They're fed absurd propaganda about their own country from the time they can spit up on themselves. Most of them subordinate their own personal identity to that of the country. They are an American first and then John Smith second. Sad really...and it definitely breeds this type of ignorance.

    Remember when they were angry at France for not joining they're little military Oil expedition to Iraq? And they started calling French Fries freedom fries? Nothing more needs to be said...just, Wow.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Gman wrote: View Post
    The uneducated unworldly Americans. It's hard for them. They're fed absurd propaganda about their own country from the time they can spit up on themselves. Most of them subordinate their own personal identity to that of the country. They are an American first and then John Smith second. Sad really...and it definitely breeds this type of ignorance.

    Remember when they were angry at France for not joining they're little military Oil expedition to Iraq? And they started calling French Fries freedom fries? Nothing more needs to be said...just, Wow.
    no free health care, fat/obese, ignorant, one cancer scare from being bankrupt, not going anywhere in life unless they were born rich and can afford the ridiculous cost of education, and yet they've managed to trick themselves into thinking they live in the greatest country in the world 'merica. and north koreans are the brainwashed ones..... don't be mad, pity the poor fools.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    no free health care, fat/obese, ignorant, one cancer scare from being bankrupt, not going anywhere in life unless they were born rich and can afford the ridiculous cost of education, and yet they've managed to trick themselves into thinking they live in the greatest country in the world 'merica. and north koreans are the brainwashed ones..... don't be mad, pity the poor fools.
    Really guys. Taking it a little far. Lots about America to dislike, but there is a reason that most of the world still wants to move there instead of here. Cheap food, cheap housing, lots of entrepreneurial energy, great opportunity to pursue whatever your dream is. The US leads the world in technology, productivity, and lots of other stuff.

    Flip side is ghettos, racism (worse than in Canada I think...can't swear to it though since I am not a member of a minority group), and a government that lets you crash if things tank, unless you are a major corporation or a big political campaign contributor.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sofia,Bulgaria
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He isn't the only one. Many current NBA players watched the Raptors during the Carter years and looked up to him. So yes - I am not surprised at all. I mean - why are most of us raptors fans anyway ... I believe the majority of RR posters who are a little bit older became raptors fans precisely because Carter and the team we had back then.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote footarez wrote: View Post
    He isn't the only one. Many current NBA players watched the Raptors during the Carter years and looked up to him. So yes - I am not surprised at all. I mean - why are most of us raptors fans anyway ... I believe the majority of RR posters who are a little bit older became raptors fans precisely because Carter and the team we had back then.
    Yup. I became a Raps fan because of Carter.

    Originally was a Rockets/Sonics fan. Still follow the Rockets and i hope the NBA returns to Seattle.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i became a raptor fan solely because i fell in love with basketball and because they are the only NBA team in Canada
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i hope BC just checked the expire date on Durants contract & circled the date on his calander!

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    i hope BC just checked the expire date on Durants contract & circled the date on his calander!
    And leaves that calendar as a gift to Torontos next GM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •