Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Durant wanted to play for the Raptors

Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Durant wanted to play for the Raptors

Just to get the blood boiling on this forum, Kevin Durant was on The Dan Patrick Show this morning and Dan Patrick asked him which team he wanted to play for growing up. I shit you not, he said the Raptors. Don't believe me click this link http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/01/17...and-his-skins/ and skip to about the 4:10 mark.
    Last edited by Arsenalist; Thu Jan 17th, 2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Fixed awful thread title.
    Deadallus

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Deadallus wrote: View Post
    Just to get the blood boiling on this forum, Kevin Durant was on The Dan Patrick Show this morning and Dan Patrick asked him which team he wanted to play for growing up. I shit you not, he said the Raptors. Don't believe me click this link http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/01/17...and-his-skins/ and skip to about the 4:10 mark.
    Just goes to show what kind of impact VC had on Toronto. His fans which looked up to him are now stars and we've not seen another player of his calibre since he left.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

he is the exception not the rule. It is refreshing to see an open minded (superstar) athlete for once.

Raptors Republic Rookie robert parrish 00's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thank for sharing

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Just goes to show what kind of impact VC had on Toronto. His fans which looked up to him are now stars and we've not seen another player of his calibre since he left.
    That was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Durant has said in some interviews that the raptors were one of his fav teams growing up.

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess you don't look at my sig? he said this at the 2010 draft. it was funny because the reporter tried to get him to say that he shoulda been a wizards fan lol
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Post Thanks / Like

even tho I might be the only raptor fan that disliked vince, you can't deny the impact he had on this franchise. don't understand why the even let amir wear #15

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote knickz wrote: View Post
    even tho I might be the only raptor fan that disliked vince, you can't deny the impact he had on this franchise. don't understand why the even let amir wear #15
    Agreed I like Amit and all but why is he wearing 15 ugh get your own number.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What got my blood boiling was the smirk on the dj's face and the evil laugh as soon as Durant said "Toronto Raptors"

Idiot.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    What got my blood boiling was the smirk on the dj's face and the evil laugh as soon as Durant said "Toronto Raptors"

Idiot.
    Yeah, caught that too. A-hole. People seem to forget that the Raps were an exciting up and coming team back then. When VC was at his prime, Raps were a regular feature in USA Today sports section. Even Kobe has stated multiple times that if the Raps kept T-Mac and VC together and stayed healthy, he is sure they would have won multiple championships. Can't really argue with that.

Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He isn't the only one. Many current NBA players watched the Raptors during the Carter years and looked up to him. So yes - I am not surprised at all. I mean - why are most of us raptors fans anyway ... I believe the majority of RR posters who are a little bit older became raptors fans precisely because Carter and the team we had back then.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote footarez wrote: View Post
    He isn't the only one. Many current NBA players watched the Raptors during the Carter years and looked up to him. So yes - I am not surprised at all. I mean - why are most of us raptors fans anyway ... I believe the majority of RR posters who are a little bit older became raptors fans precisely because Carter and the team we had back then.
    Yup. I became a Raps fan because of Carter.

Originally was a Rockets/Sonics fan. Still follow the Rockets and i hope the NBA returns to Seattle.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i became a raptor fan solely because i fell in love with basketball and because they are the only NBA team in Canada

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope BC just checked the expire date on Durants contract & circled the date on his calander!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote knickz wrote: View Post
    He can wear whatever number he wants. Carter never got his jersey retired and doesn't deserve to.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

that was a great find. That host made me want to choke him when me broke out laughing. Not cool. But funny he said he thought the Uniform was cool.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    i hope BC just checked the expire date on Durants contract & circled the date on his calander!
    And leaves that calendar as a gift to Torontos next GM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post

Idiot.
    just caught that part, these americans really think this country is 3rd class

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote craiger wrote: View Post
    and leaves that calendar as a gift to torontos next gm.
    lol

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

'when asked if he still wanted to be a raptor today, Durant started to laugh hysterically. Paramedics had to be called in as Durant started to choke from the excess laughter'

All kidding aside, we were an organically talented team with huge upside the way we see OKC now. But if Durant turns in a little c*nt, we can just call them Raps 2.0. Don't see that happeneing though because one would never question his work ethic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information