Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Durant wanted to play for the Raptors

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote knickz wrote: View Post
    just caught that part, these americans really think this country is 3rd class
    The uneducated unworldly Americans. It's hard for them. They're fed absurd propaganda about their own country from the time they can spit up on themselves. Most of them subordinate their own personal identity to that of the country. They are an American first and then John Smith second. Sad really...and it definitely breeds this type of ignorance.

Remember when they were angry at France for not joining they're little military Oil expedition to Iraq? And they started calling French Fries freedom fries? Nothing more needs to be said...just, Wow.

Post Thanks / Like

doesn't really anger me at all. its not like we were in position to draft him or had a draft night trade planned for the pick. it's cool.

it just shows if you're a winner and have exciting players people will WANT to play for you.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    doesn't really anger me at all. its not like we were in position to draft him or had a draft night trade planned for the pick. it's cool.

it just shows if you're a winner and have exciting players people will WANT to play for you.
    agreed.. if this team was in south beach it wouldnt be any easier to attract free agents

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Gman wrote: View Post
    The uneducated unworldly Americans. It's hard for them. They're fed absurd propaganda about their own country from the time they can spit up on themselves. Most of them subordinate their own personal identity to that of the country. They are an American first and then John Smith second. Sad really...and it definitely breeds this type of ignorance.

Remember when they were angry at France for not joining they're little military Oil expedition to Iraq? And they started calling French Fries freedom fries? Nothing more needs to be said...just, Wow.
    no free health care, fat/obese, ignorant, one cancer scare from being bankrupt, not going anywhere in life unless they were born rich and can afford the ridiculous cost of education, and yet they've managed to trick themselves into thinking they live in the greatest country in the world 'merica. and north koreans are the brainwashed ones..... don't be mad, pity the poor fools.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    no free health care, fat/obese, ignorant, one cancer scare from being bankrupt, not going anywhere in life unless they were born rich and can afford the ridiculous cost of education, and yet they've managed to trick themselves into thinking they live in the greatest country in the world 'merica. and north koreans are the brainwashed ones..... don't be mad, pity the poor fools.
    Really guys. Taking it a little far. Lots about America to dislike, but there is a reason that most of the world still wants to move there instead of here. Cheap food, cheap housing, lots of entrepreneurial energy, great opportunity to pursue whatever your dream is. The US leads the world in technology, productivity, and lots of other stuff.

Flip side is ghettos, racism (worse than in Canada I think...can't swear to it though since I am not a member of a minority group), and a government that lets you crash if things tank, unless you are a major corporation or a big political campaign contributor.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really news, he said that before. Vince Carter raptors were a huge influence on him growing up. He has always been pro Toronto.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Without America no nba and 90% of my favorite tv programs. Please don't make me watch Dutch basketball and tv shows.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kevin Durant's Dream was to play for the Raptors!!

I think I can include this in the "everything Raptors" thread so here it goes:

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/ar...ptors/12721750

Yup, you heard it from the man himself. KD was a big fan of Vince Cart(re) and had dreams of being a part of the culture change that VC did for Toronto. 2006 would have given us a chance to pick either KD or Greg Oden had Mr. Stern had allowed kids to jump from High School to the NBA for just one more season.

Then again, we probably would have gotten Greg Oden instead... who knows...
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, nothing against but this forum was here not so long ago. But that doesn't matter much.

I definetly would be more than willing to make his dream come true. Wouldn't you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information