MLSE needs to take NBA & officials to task

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLSE needs to take NBA & officials to task

I watched the Raps go up 10 (40-30 ... i think) against Brooklyn ... and thought Uh.. oh refs are about to screw us... sure enough 3 horrid calls helped the NETS get the lead back by half time.

Lets not mention amir's "PASS" on the foul which did not lead to shots... screw up in CHA...

I swear 12-15 games this season Raps we grossly penalized in close losses.

We fans are sick of Refs killing our evening with these DELIBERATE tampering with game outcomes.

MLSE you pay the NBA do something about it. Someone needs to see the obvious and take the league to task this has to end!
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

i wonder if any player ever knocked a ref the fuck out. I get so pissed at BS calls in close game. I picture myself throwing the ball at the refs head and telling him to fuck off and open their eyes

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      i wonder if any player ever knocked a ref the fuck out. I get so pissed at BS calls in close game. I picture myself throwing the ball at the refs head and telling him to fuck off and open their eyes
      Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
        I'm pretty sure the analyst on the right at the end of the video is holding in a laugh.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I thought the same thing about the Brooklyn game. The refs definitely interfered with the the flow of the game, and called some pretty pathetic calls in that game. I was at the Chicago game and the officiating was horrible that night. I couldn't really see the last play, because his back was to us, but it looked like he had just gathered the ball.

Comment

we aren't getting a fair shake, it's been pretty obvious. I wish someone in the org would take one for the team and go off on an epic, fine-inducing tirade

Comment

We can blame refs, altitude, temperature, announcers, cars outside the building, but the thing is that players have to grow some balls and do not get into situations like those, do not let the game be decided on last shot by others, simple as that.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                "players have to grow some balls and do not get into situations like those, do not let the game be decided on last shot by others, simple as that."
                This is irrelevant bullshit of the highest order.

Each second of the game is an independent event, with nothing to do with what happened before it.

The compounding of ref fuck ups plays an enormous part in determining the state of the game with a minute left.

Despite the alleged hardcore scrutiny this article claims the NBA does for every game, the bullshit continues and no ref is really held accountable:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-tony-brothers

"The NBA doesn't publish or publicize referee ratings, evaluations or accuracy rates. "

No? Well fuck you, NBA.

The bottom 10 or 20 refs each season should be fired.

Comment

What I'm trying to say is that it happened too many times this season and in half of them Raptors lost not just because of refs, but because they were unable to take over the game. And this is my opinion, the answer above is your opinion, bullshit or not but they have to play better in final minutes even with less talent, refs won't favor them.
                  Don't like it? Express your opinion:

In such way. Posting won't help. This will do.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

The biggest issue here is refs are humans and so are fans. Which means both make mistakes. Sometimes the refs make bad calls, sometimes fans think refs make bad calls.

Given that fandom in and of itself lends itself to favortism towards ones team, its hard to put alot of merit into the idea of refs have it in for the Raps (or any team)

Just remember, every time we think the refs screwed up calls that worked against the Raps, there is a Chicago or NY or Miami fan etc thinking the refs screwed up calls that worked in Raps favour.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                      The biggest issue here is refs are humans and so are fans. Which means both make mistakes. Sometimes the refs make bad calls, sometimes fans think refs make bad calls.

Given that fandom in and of itself lends itself to favortism towards ones team, its hard to put alot of merit into the idea of refs have it in for the Raps (or any team)

Just remember, every time we think the refs screwed up calls that worked against the Raps, there is a Chicago or NY or Miami fan etc thinking the refs screwed up calls that worked in Raps favour.
                      ... and what is your point?

refs are still making bad calls

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                        ... and what is your point?

refs are still making bad calls
                        Refs make bad calls in every game. Every team at one point or another is hard done by the refs. Ask Cuban or Rondo. Ask the Spurs. Everyone gets bad officiating. You get mad and you move on but it's not an excuse.

Bad teams always have excuses. It's no surprise that the Raptors feel like victims. Losers always do.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          Refs make bad calls in every game. Every team at one point or another is hard done by the refs. Ask Cuban or Rondo. Ask the Spurs. Everyone gets bad officiating. You get mad and you move on but it's not an excuse.

Bad teams always have excuses. It's no surprise that the Raptors feel like victims. Losers always do.
                          +1

The truth hurts.

Comment

As someone who has been following this team since inspection, I have never seen it this bad, or this obvious. There has never been an apology from the league like this year, its been a hard season, but the officiating has been deplorable.

I feel two players that have not gotten the respect from Officials that they should, are Amir and Derozan. At this point, part of me actually thinks that Derozan's lack of initiative stems from his inability to catch a break from the officials. I am not kidding about it, I seriously think officials are a factor in Demars aggressiveness.

You hear about aggressive players being rewarded with the calls, I have never felt that true for when Demar has been aggressive. He gets to the spot first, but never seems to impress a whistle.
                            Last edited by BasketballCrush; Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Another apology

this is getting pathetic... does this happen often with other teams?

http://www.nba.com/official/

Comment

Working...
                              X