MLSE needs to take NBA & officials to task

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    this is getting pathetic... does this happen often with other teams?

http://www.nba.com/official/
    Yes. But twice in one season? Not sure.

Make your free throws (did miss 9 and were 7% lower than season average) or don't waste 3:30 of shitty offense in overtime and this is a non-issue.

Comment

I said it last time they "apologized", and I'll say it now again. This is just to make the Raptors look bad if they continue to complain.

The reality is that the officiating has been blatantly one-sided at critical moments in many games. You can argue that they should have made free throws, and played better, and all that is true. However, regardless of which teams are playing, if one consistently gets the benefit of questionable and/or blatantly wrong calls, they'll win almost every time.

I'm sick of hearing about how "losers make excuses". The Raptors aren't a good team, but the officiating HAS been a significant factor against them this season, as well.

Comment

We need to give some credit to this bunch, losers, would not even get into OT with the bullls.

All this talk about us being a horrible team, is only deflecting the reality that we have been getting the serious shaft at the end of games, that is two this season.

EDIT: I do feel better that the NBA admitted its mistake, I just wish these things would not happen.
        Last edited by BasketballCrush; Fri Jan 18, 2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I am at this point absolutely certain that there has been a DELIBERATE bias against this team. Too many occurences of multiple consecutive bad calls against us to be coincidental, in my opinion.

Honestly, the league would be more fair (though admittedly more poorly officiated overall) if every team had to provide their own officials for home games.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            I am at this point absolutely certain that there has been a DELIBERATE bias against this team. Too many occurences of multiple consecutive bad calls against us to be coincidental, in my opinion.

Honestly, the league would be more fair (though admittedly more poorly officiated overall) if every team had to provide their own officials for home games.
            I'm already imagining a home town official making a dubious call against his home town team and going to a bar afterwards, thats going to be fun!

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
              I'm already imagining a home town official making a dubious call against his home town team and going to a bar afterwards, thats going to be fun!
              Haha, great times would be had.

EDIT: For the record, I was just making a point. I don't truly propose such a solution.
              Last edited by KHD; Fri Jan 18, 2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

he'd end up in the hospital lol

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                  We can blame refs, altitude, temperature, announcers, cars outside the building, but the thing is that players have to grow some balls and do not get into situations like those, do not let the game be decided on last shot by others, simple as that.
                  The players are busting their Ass out there Amir Ed Andersen... bottom line they are getting screwed over by the league
                  "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

someone in the organization needs to go off in the media. atleast show us you care dont just bend over. someone like fields or lowry needs to say something like they way things are called for them was way different in ny or houston

Comment

Working...
                    X