Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is/was The better Toronto Raptors GM ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is/was The better Toronto Raptors GM ?

Glen Grunwal or Byran Colangelo ? Do the Math....

im starting to think we've been cursed by the basketball gods for life, because we rather nonchalantly let go of a core of vince/tmac. (not to mention great surrounding pieces like antonio davis/oakley/)

that was grunwalds fault wasn't it?
    Last edited by akashsingh; Fri Jan 18, 2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

No question Glen Grunwald.

Besides what he did in Toronto, look at what he's done in NY. Not only recently, but when he was interm GM and fixed Thomas' mess.

What I think adds injury to insult was that apparent Vince for Nash+ deal he was going to make that got shot down by MLSE, only to have him fired right after.

Comment

Glen Grunwald. Not even close.

Can't remember, but why did the Raps let him go again? only to be replaced by Rob fucking Babcock.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

ya id have to say Glen Grunwald..

not sure why he left, but i dont remember him being fired, i could be wrong but i think he left on his own..

just looked it up & he was fired LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Grunwald

"However, the injury-plagued Raptors missed the playoffs in the 2002–03 season and Grunwald shook up the roster. During the 2003–04 season, despite inconsistency, they went 25–25 and were on track to return to the playoffs. Grunwald traded away starting center Antonio Davis in December, which led to tension with coach Kevin O'Neill, who publicly complained about the lack of a starting center and roster depth. Two weeks before narrowly missing the playoffs by three games, Grunwald was fired on April 1, 2004, and replaced by Jack McCloskey as interim GM.[3] Rob Babcock was later appointed as the permanent replacement"
          Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Fri Jan 18, 2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Always liked Grunwald. He seemed to have a bit of vision around what he did. Hated to see him go. His biggest mistake was hiring O'Neill.

Comment

Wayne Embry was a pretty good interim GM, getting rid of that Jalen Rose contract like he did.

Comment

Working...
              X