Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Apologizes to Raptors...Again

NBA apologizes again.

With one second remaining in overtime of the Chicago Bulls-Toronto Raptors game on January 16, officials called a foul on Chicago’s Joakim Noah as Toronto’s Amir Johnson gathered the ball while driving to the basket. The officials ruled the foul was on the floor but upon review at the league office, the video replay confirmed that the foul should have been called a shooting foul with Johnson receiving two free throws.
    Source: http://www.nba.com/official/

Video: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/or...nba/index.html

Wonder how many other teams have received apologies from the league this year, and how many have received two, with half the schedule still to play out. Should Stern be talking to the refs?

Comment

If I'm BC I'd be raising hell on behalf of the players, coach, and fans. Because I am livid as sh!t over this. Unreal that it can KEEP happening to us. To me it's the cemented proof that we are not getting the calls. I sincerely feel that if this were the Lakers, it would happen once, Kobe would make a stink on every network, he'd have a shared interview with Lance Armstrong on Oprah. Not us poor Canadian non-stars.

#WORST
      i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
        If I'm BC I'd be raising hell on behalf of the players, coach, and fans. Because I am livid as sh!t over this. Unreal that it can KEEP happening to us. To me it's the cemented proof that we are not getting the calls. I sincerely feel that if this were the Lakers, it would happen once, Kobe would make a stink on every network, he'd have a shared interview with Lance Armstrong on Oprah. Not us poor Canadian non-stars.

#WORST
        agreed

Comment

I don't think anything like this has happened to any team in any sport in the history of professional sports. maybe the NBA is trying to get Canadians to hate basketball so they can have a 3rd team in new York hah

Comment

honestly thou what a joke, 2 games now wow

Comment

It's not like Cuban's antics helped (against Danny Crawford e.g.).

Comment

They should apologize for the crazy calls and missed calls against the Nets also. It's getting hard to watch games now, know anytime we have a lead going into final half or so, calls are going to be racked up. Crazy!

Comment

Make that 3 games.. I know the raps shouldn't of given up a lead doesn't mean you can push a guy outta bounds and not get called for it..

realistically we won't make the playoffs by 5 games or so, and some how we'll end up with the 1st pick, but of course it's a soft draft so we won't even care.

Comment

The NBA is a fucking joke now. David Stern and his marketing team - have allocated certain teams as perennial patsy's.

6-7 block/charge calls a game can change the outcome of 95% of the games.

"favored" teams get scheduling advantages - picking up tough teams after back to back or on tail end of 3/4nights.

The league is 'fixed' and if you cry foul like Greg Pop did you get draconian $250,000 fine.

David Stern = Vince McMahon

Last edited by charlz; Sat Jan 19, 2013, 08:17 AM.
                    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

There is no question that if Lebron was driving on that play the refs would have not only made the call, they would have helped him up, shined his shoes and bought him dinner

One of the main reasons why it's so tough for us is because the refs can use players like Amir to make ridiculous calls and no one cares

Comment

Both apologies were for game-deciding calls, no? That does stink like shit. The Raptors would be in ninth place in the East if not for these two oopsi-daisies. That's not very professional. The league should have to compensate teams for demonstrably blown game-deciding calls, like more balls in the lottery or something of value.

Comment

Beagle wrote: View Post
                          Both apologies were for game-deciding calls, no? That does stink like shit. The Raptors would be in ninth place in the East if not for these two oopsi-daisies. That's not very professional. The league should have to compensate teams for demonstrably blown game-deciding calls, like more balls in the lottery or something of value.
                          actually this is not necessarily true. Raptors were down by 1 on each erroneous call, which doesn't mean the Raptors would have won each game if not for the call. The Raps would have received foul shots, but that doesn't mean all would have been hit.

The Raps may have won both games, or won one of two, or sent both games into over time and won or loss, or straight out lossed both.

Comment

Oh, you nit-picker...

Comment

Why do they even have video replay?

Comment

Working...
                              X