Chris Bosh is going to Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Bosh is going to Turkey

That's the word from USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo, confident about having the bulk of the 2008 Olympic gold-medal team back for this summer's World Championships in Turkey.

In an interview with FanHouse on Friday night, Colangelo said Toronto star Chris Bosh has committed to play for the team, and Colangelo is feeling very optimistic about the inclusion of Cleveland star LeBron James. Colangelo said USA Basketball on Wednesday will announce between 25 and 28 names in the mix to play in Turkey as well as in the 2012 Olympics in London.

Colangelo recently met with Bosh in Toronto. Colangelo said Bosh, who was undecided when talking with FanHouse last October, has confirmed his participation in Turkey.

"He's in,'' Colangelo said. "I feel very good about it. He's got his free agency situation, but he understands we'll want him at (a July minicamp in Las Vegas) even though he won't have to participate. If you show respect to somebody, respect comes back to you.''

Colangelo is very confident James also will play in Turkey.

"If I were a betting man, I'd say yes,'' Colangelo said.
    Fan House

Oh no you didn't!

Fans might want to hold off on ordering Chris Bosh USA Basketball jerseys from this summer's world championship team.

A report that Bosh had committed to play for the United States in Turkey in August was premature.

"I don't know where that came from, really," Bosh said Saturday. "I have not fully committed. I know there's a whole bunch of stuff going on this summer, I just want to attack that first."

The "whole bunch of stuff" refers to Bosh's impending free agency and the decision on where he'll play next season. Until that gets squared away, he's not about to reprise the role he played on the U.S.'s gold medal Olympic squad.

"It depends on how fast it is," he said. "That's a quick turnaround. (NBA) negotiations start July 1, there's a (USA Basketball) mini-camp mid-July and then a month later (the worlds).

"I just want to take care of my business matters first and there's no telling how long that'll take."
    Both Colangelo and his dad at least have something in common now, they both want Bosh to sign on the dotted line and commit damnit!

Comment

Working...
    X