Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

urbanmonk15 wrote: View Post
    Eddie Jones
    I agree .. the best comparison that I have seen. Hopefully he can take the ball harder to the rim than Eddie did .. but as of now they look extremely similar.

Id be very happy if he could have career like Eddie - many seasons of 16-20 ppg, career 37% 3 pt shooter, decent rebounded, good defender.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Hmm...this is also a very good comparison. I think he still has potential to be a better scorer than Jones, hence my agreement with Finley comparisons.
      You are right, Finley a slightly better scorer than Eddie .. but Eddie was no slouch with multiple years averaging just under 20 ppg ..

Comment

I can say people see alot more in Ross than I do. I'm hoping he's able to be a shorter Shane Battier

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
          You are right, Finley a slightly better scorer than Eddie .. but Eddie was no slouch with multiple years averaging just under 20 ppg ..
          Yep, it really just depends on how much he can grow into a scoring role of some kind. I think I would hope for an Eddie Jones type player at worst. 15-20 ppg as a great shooter, and an excellent defender.

Just wanted to add, he's clearly physically a bit closer to the more wiry Jones. Finley was pretty big and strong for a wing.
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Jan 20, 2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

I think he could turn out to be a slightly longer Kerry Kittles.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Allan Houston, with more athletisism

Comment

J Ram wrote: View Post
                I hope so!

Comment

big boi wrote: View Post
                  Young Latrell Sprewell

What excites me the most about Ross isn't his shooting or his athleticism, it's his D
                  I like the comparison on D, for sure, but Spree always had a handle. That's the biggest thing Ross needs to develop.

Comment

Ross actually has pretty good handles he just takes ill advised shots

Comment

I'd have to say a young Ray Allen...

Soft jumper, okay handles (not the greatest, but decent enough), solid D, great athleticism (1997 Dunk competition). We have to teach Ross to run all game non stop--moving without the ball and coming off screens!

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        J. Rich
                        Agree. Good dunker and 3pt shooter.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                          micheal finley.
                          big boi wrote: View Post
                          Young Latrell Sprewell
                          BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                          Offense: JR Smith (mature) - range, athleticism
                          Defense: Thabo Sefolosha - pesky, lateral quicks

I think he'll be top 5 SG in a couple of years.
                          JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          His demeanour, both in terms of how he carries himself and how he plays, has a McGrady-like coolness (and that may not be a good thing, because he certainly doesn't have the talent that can let you get away with that).
                          urbanmonk15 wrote: View Post
                          Eddie Jones
                          Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          J. Rich
                          J Ram wrote: View Post
                          NoFrillz wrote: View Post
                          I'd have to say a young Ray Allen...
                          No disrespect but you guys sound a little crazy right now. In Ross' last 21 games he has eclipsed 11 points only five times and has been held to 4 points or lower 11 times! He has shown some glimpses of being a solid player but his below average games still outnumber his above average games at about a ratio of 4:1.

Michael Finley? Tracy McGrady?! Ray Allen?!?!

Comment

Terrence Ross is Michael Jordan without the gambling problems. Anything less and I will be disappointed and start hating on him!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Ross actually has pretty good handles he just takes ill advised shots
                              He loses the ball pretty much every time he does something. He has a smooth feel, but smoothness doesn't mean his handle is good.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                He loses the ball pretty much every time he does something. He has a smooth feel, but smoothness doesn't mean his handle is good.
                                Agreed. I find his handles fairly weak.

If a wing cannot use his dribble to create his own shot, then it meets my definition of "weak handles". 1-2 dribble pullups don't count.

Comment

Working...
                                X