Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 249

Thread: Lakers vs. Raptors, January 19th

  1. #221
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pill wrote: View Post
    AA was -15 in this game. The second worst +/- player on the floor was TR at -5.

    Sure he hits some big shots now and again but the offense stagnates with him on the floor.

    I watch a lot of basketball and I dont see any other team in the league scrapping what they do for 3-3.5 quarters and switching to a completely different lineup for the end. If we were known as a team that can close the deal then I wouldn't complain but we are known as a team that cant hold a lead so it throws up a red flag for me.
    Watch the Kings

  2. #222
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Queq'part
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Stop being so hard on DeMar. Some games he's the man, other nights it's Anderson, other nights it's Ross. I just think it is fun to watch. To me, he has proved that he can be our starting shooting guard going forward until some crazy trade happens. Yes he's gonna have some hard stretch. Like most players in this league.

    Overall I really liked this game today.

  3. #223
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Casey just said that its important for the point guard not to get shaken because if the point guard starts to shake the rest of the team shakes. So he liked the way Jose reacted to Kobe's press, and how he did not get flustered, said he saw Kobe do that to Jason Kidd and was very worried, but Jose did better than he thought.

  4. #224
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Also said, that Lowry did not play bad, he loved lowrys game, just thought Jose was having a good night and went with him, last game people thought jose was hurt due to lack of time but it was just Casey, who thought Lowry was having the better game and stuck with him. He said he will go with the point guard that is better for the team overall, not a knock to any of the point guards at all, feels blessed to have both.

  5. #225
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,564
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    DeRozan 30mins 8pts 3rbs 3ast
    ... and 5 turnovers

  6. #226
    Raptors Republic Starter Pill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Watch the Kings
    The 16-25 kings should not be our model. I can see swapping people out for offense/defense but Ed Davis sat most of the 4th. I wish I had some advanced stats on that small lineup of Amir/LF/AA/DD/JC or any variation of that. The eyeball test to me watching all these games is that they are probably pretty poor in offensive and defensive efficiency as a group and I can guarantee they are at a huge negative in +/-.

  7. #227
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    DeRozan is starting to disappear
    starting?... he disappeared a few weeks back..

  8. #228
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pill wrote: View Post
    The 16-25 kings should not be our model. I can see swapping people out for offense/defense but Ed Davis sat most of the 4th. I wish I had some advanced stats on that small lineup of Amir/LF/AA/DD/JC or any variation of that. The eyeball test to me watching all these games is that they are probably pretty poor in offensive and defensive efficiency as a group and I can guarantee they are at a huge negative in +/-.
    Now you got me saying we should be like the kings. That wasn't really my intention. You said:

    I watch a lot of basketball and I dont see any other team in the league scrapping what they do for 3-3.5 quarters and switching to a completely different lineup for the end.
    I mentioned the Kings for some crazy line-up switches; especially with Smart's pointguard/ballhandling situation.

  9. #229
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pill wrote: View Post
    The 16-25 kings should not be our model. I can see swapping people out for offense/defense but Ed Davis sat most of the 4th. I wish I had some advanced stats on that small lineup of Amir/LF/AA/DD/JC or any variation of that. The eyeball test to me watching all these games is that they are probably pretty poor in offensive and defensive efficiency as a group and I can guarantee they are at a huge negative in +/-.
    Prior to this game, that lineup has been on the floor for a total of 9 minutes this season, over the course of 3 different games. During those 9 minutes, they were a net -2, the lineup being a plus two of the times it was used, and a minus the third.

    Other small lineups with Amir at the C have been quite effective, the worst of the bunch being Calderon-DeRozan-Anderson-Kleiza-Johnson, which has played 24 minutes and has a net +/- of 0. Lowry-Ross-Fields-Anderson-Johnson is +11 in only 21 minutes--huge win. Calderon-Ross-DeRozan-Anderson-Johnson is +1 in 15 minutes. Lowry-Ross-DeRozan-Anderson-Johnson is +6 in only 13 minutes. The small lineup Amir's played in most frequently, however, is Lucas-Ross-Anderson-Kleiza-Johnson, which is a massive +19 in the 37 minutes (of which many were admittedly garbage time) they have played together.

    This is why we should always ignore people who use the "eyeball test" to evaluate basketball. Small lineups with Amir at C are some of the most successful ones the Raptors have played all year.
    Last edited by tkfu; Sun Jan 20th, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

  10. #230
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lakers analysts in post game about Calderon "this is a player that could start, very easily, for any other team in the nba..."

  11. #231
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Lakers analysts in post game about Calderon "this is a player that could start, very easily, for any other team in the nba..."
    And how many years has BCo been trying to trade away this guy? MAYBE we should build our team with Jose as a cornerstone instead of someone else...but Jose was brought in by someone else...I digress.

  12. #232
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    starting?... he disappeared a few weeks back..
    DeRozan has been, shall we just say, inconsistent since the Kings game.

    Take out the Portland game and January has truly been a month to forget.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  13. #233
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,470
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm really, really loving Davis' elbow jumpshot that he has now. Without that the whole offence would suffer I think, he gets at least 3 or 4 of those a game.

  14. #234
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Where is all the bitching about referees?

    Oh right!

    The Raptors fought back against every Lakers run and took matters in to their own hands thereby securing the win! YAY!

    Go Raps!
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  15. #235
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    you got that right Matty D

  16. #236
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DeRozan im sure he knows how he is playing dont worry he will bounce back to repeat what I said earlier, the kid is pure hard work, ugly game by him though no doubt. but he is playing against Kobe Bryant after all.

    DeRozan: "The last couple of loses have been on me and I know that, definitely get back into the flow of things soon. I have been forcing things and losing my focus"

    Dont worry about the guy, Great game by Fields and Im starting to become a Acy fan. Feels good to beat the Lakers forcing them to push another Panic button lol.

  17. #237
    Raptors Republic Starter Pill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tkfu wrote: View Post
    Prior to this game, that lineup has been on the floor for a total of 9 minutes this season, over the course of 3 different games. During those 9 minutes, they were a net -2, the lineup being a plus two of the times it was used, and a minus the third.

    Other small lineups with Amir at the C have been quite effective, the worst of the bunch being Calderon-DeRozan-Anderson-Kleiza-Johnson, which has played 24 minutes and has a net +/- of 0. Lowry-Ross-Fields-Anderson-Johnson is +11 in only 21 minutes--huge win. Calderon-Ross-DeRozan-Anderson-Johnson is +1 in 15 minutes. Lowry-Ross-DeRozan-Anderson-Johnson is +6 in only 13 minutes. The small lineup Amir's played in most frequently, however, is Lucas-Ross-Anderson-Kleiza-Johnson, which is a massive +19 in the 37 minutes (of which many were admittedly garbage time) they have played together.

    This is why we should always ignore people who use the "eyeball test" to evaluate basketball. Small lineups with Amir at C are some of the most successful ones the Raptors have played all year.
    Thanks for the stats. But they dont really represent what I was talking about since they can include a lot of play against bench players. The fact that ross is represented 4/6 of these lineups and he is barely ever is featured at the end of games other than a short stretch of games indicates to me while these stats are nice they don't really represent what I was talking about.

    The stretch of time from 6 minutes left in the 4th, their best players against our small lineup is when I am talking about. Admittedly it isn't something that gets heavy run but I notice he puts it out there from time to time with various players due to the injuries we have had. Why he does it in situations like today were the Lakers lose one of the premier interior defenders in the league to technical fouls rather than pounding it inside which was working in the 3rd is beyond me.

    If you can break those down for only second half 4th quarter minutes that would be great. All I have ever seen caseys small lineup do at the end of games is watch leads dwindle away and pray they hold on. Most of these lineups you provided clearly aren't lineups that see the floor late in the 4th unless it is garbage time and I know there are some combinations that aren't represented here such as the dreaded 2 point guard setup or the times when Dom Maquire was here. Unless I am being ignored.

  18. #238
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    gotta love this

  19. #239
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Had the game on PVR, just watched it.

    The Raptors best asset tonight? The Refs. Once again, they decided this game in my opinion. Raptors played great, don't get me wrong, but man... this was totally a make-up game handed down by the NBA. And I NEVER talk conspiracy.

    But ya, Jose and Landry played great ball, and ED has proven himself our starting PF going forward. Been far more consistent that Barg ever was.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  20. #240
    Raptors Republic Starter T.Dot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Had the game on PVR, just watched it.

    The Raptors best asset tonight? The Refs. Once again, they decided this game in my opinion. Raptors played great, don't get me wrong, but man... this was totally a make-up game handed down by the NBA. And I NEVER talk conspiracy.

    But ya, Jose and Landry played great ball, and ED has proven himself our starting PF going forward. Been far more consistent that Barg ever was.
    Wow okay. This is very comparable to the 13 game sample. Bare in mind the teams he has played against on this 'consistency' that you speak of.
    I also agree with you on the part where the NBA gave the game to Toronto. There is no way in hell that Lakers would lose to Toronto, not saying that Toronto can't beat Lakers....just saying that Kobe wouldn't allow it.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •