Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ED "Boss" Davis

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all about value. Davis's contract is high value. There is a beauty to the fact we get someone that can give you 10/10 and pay so little for it.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    It's all about value. Davis's contract is high value. There is a beauty to the fact we get someone that can give you 10/10 and pay so little for it.
    "High value" is also easily sell-able. IMO, Davis isn't a core piece, so I would think he's more valuable to this team in a trade package.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm indifferent with Davis. I still don't see a star player in him. Just a role player who happens to be making the most of a very thin front court rotation.

I still believe one of Davis or Amir needs to go, but with Davis playing well lately, he might be worth more in a trade right now. When was the last time the Raptors traded a player while his stock was high (Antawn Jamison perhaps)?
    Me too with the exception that I now believe he will be at least an average third big because of that jumper.

Ed is still a serious liability on defense, he can't create his own shot and is not a threat in the post. And he failed to get significantly stronger the past two off seasons despite strength being identified as a major weakness.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just like being able to call him Special Ed. Other than that Amir is the better two way player when he isn't fouling everything in sight. I like Ed but I think he's best served as icing on any trade cake.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    Ed averaged 1.1 and 1.6 TOs per 36 on a turnover rate of 10% and 14% in his first two years respectively. To put that in perspective Amir's was 20% and Andrea's 11% last season. That doesn't read as turnover prone to me.
    Well to be fair I think you can't just look at turnover rate without looking at usage. Jose Calderon's TOV% was 18 last year and we all know for damn sure that he is not turnover prone. His usage rate was also 18%.

If you look at Ed's two numbers then you can see where Hollinger is coming from. 15% TOV and just 14% Usage. That's pretty bad. Compare that with this year and you see a massive improvement -- 11% TOV and 18% USG.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Thread Information