Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: How does Colangelo have a job still?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default How does Colangelo have a job still?

    Like seriously.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    didnt u know...BC can sell Igloo's to eskimos! LOL for real though.. i think BC will be the MSLE pres. after this season is finished..all signs point to it in my opinion & the fact he hasnt been shown the door like Burke did only solidifies my belief.. Ed Stefanski will most likely take over..

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    there really is no point to clean house mid season, especially if you are going to keep Casey as the coach.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've ALWAYS been a BryCo supporter .. but now I'm thinking that it might just be best for the franchise to have someone else drive the car. While I'm still of the opinion that he's made more good moves than bad for this team over the last several years, his few bad moves are starting to out weigh the many good things he's done. When that balance starts to lean in the wrong direction, change is certainly required. But mid-season is NOT the time to do it.
    In Masai we Trust.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I've ALWAYS been a BryCo supporter .. but now I'm thinking that it might just be best for the franchise to have someone else drive the car. While I'm still of the opinion that he's made more good moves than bad for this team over the last several years, his few bad moves are starting to out weigh the many good things he's done. When that balance starts to lean in the wrong direction, change is certainly required. But mid-season is NOT the time to do it.
    I wanted to reply that changing mid season would help a new gm prepare for the draft, but, yeah ...

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I believe his time will be up at the end of the season. Rogers and Bell are showing signs that they are committed to winning and making the necessary changes in order facilitate success. Changes have been made to both the Jays and Leafs so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Raptors are next on their list.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    777
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh look, another Colangelo complaint thread. Do we have an "Everything Colangelo" thread?

    He may or may not be gone this offseason, but they're not going to do anything in the middle of the season.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    Oh look, another Colangelo complaint thread. Do we have an "Everything Colangelo" thread?
    Haha its being considered.
    In Masai we Trust.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The MLSE isn't gonna fire BC until they see what he can do before the trade deadline and how well his trades do to help the Raptors. So don't expect him to get fired until after the trade deadline.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter imaginelino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Everyone screamed and whined for a rebuild. Guess what! thats what we are still doing! did you expect to be in the playoffs? it would be nice but this team still needs to play and come together. We have key pieces to keep and key pieces to move. And we have been winning without our primary scorer.. in pasta boy.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why? Ill suits.

    And I doubt he's going anywhere. He fits the personality type that MLSE has been bringing in for their other franchises.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What blows me away is that Brian Burke gets axed before the puck drops and he's been here a lot shorter while Colangelo just floats on by like a butterfly.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    What blows me away is that Brian Burke gets axed before the puck drops and he's been here a lot shorter while Colangelo just floats on by like a butterfly.
    The difference is we're trying to rebuild. Burke was trading away draft picks left and right to try and win right away.

    I really don't get why people are calling for BC's head. It was clear from the start of the season we're rebuilding and that's what we're doing. It especially doesn't make sense to make this thread right now when we've been playing really well even if we blew big leads. This whole season has been a growing experience since we are struggling to close out games (which isn't because of lack of talent).

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    The difference is we're trying to rebuild. Burke was trading away draft picks left and right to try and win right away.

    I really don't get why people are calling for BC's head. It was clear from the start of the season we're rebuilding and that's what we're doing. It especially doesn't make sense to make this thread right now when we've been playing really well even if we blew big leads. This whole season has been a growing experience since we are struggling to close out games (which isn't because of lack of talent).
    It was clear from the on court play. Off the court the message from the Raps (including BC) was much different.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    It was clear from the on court play. Off the court the message from the Raps (including BC) was much different.
    Well the president of MLSE (current owners) said they want to see progress so I don't think he'll be gone as long as we keep playing well and improve over last season.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Well the president of MLSE (current owners) said they want to see progress so I don't think he'll be gone as long as we keep playing well and improve over last season.
    +1 I agree!

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter imaginelino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    +1 I agree!
    Viva le BC revolution!

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Well the president of MLSE (current owners) said they want to see progress so I don't think he'll be gone as long as we keep playing well and improve over last season.
    Well progress can be very subjective and considering they are going on 5 years out of the playoffs with no draft pick this year and minimal off-season flexibility (at this point in time) I would disagree they are a) playing well and b) improving.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think they are not going to change things in mid season. There is really no point. Or at least before the trade deadline. I also think that MLSE told BC to say out of coaching, and do his job. And now they are watching if he can do that. I also think that no trades might be in the cards, especially if Andrea doesn't come back before the trade deadline.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He may be gone before the Feb. 21st deadline to manoeuvre the necessary trades, specifically AB. I don't think BC has the cojones to pull it off himself. Stefanski takes over for the time being. This is just a guess on my part.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •