Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrea to Bobcats?

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So why exactly would Charolette want Bargnani? he doesnt fit them really they want a big that rebounds but I guess having him improves their offense which is 2nd worst in the league atm.

Who is Charolette giving up and if we do get Tyrus Thomas, we have a guy just eating money on our bench? :| Charolette would have to throw us a 1st round pick or 2.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    So why exactly would Charolette want Bargnani? he doesnt fit them really they want a big that rebounds but I guess having him improves their offense which is 2nd worst in the league atm.

Who is Charolette giving up and if we do get Tyrus Thomas, we have a guy just eating money on our bench? :| Charolette would have to throw us a 1st round pick or 2.
    Obviously we're getting a 1st round pick back. The first round pick is the only reason the Raptors would trade Bargnani for Tyrus Thomas.

Post Thanks / Like

outside of jv or ross id give anyone up for their pick
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    outside of jv or ross id give anyone up for their pick
    Wonder if they'd give us next years pick instead. No one I like, so far, in this draft.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

they will agree to trade only to change their mind at last minute...lol

Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No Brainer

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Probably because getting anything of value for Bargnani will be next to impossible. If I was a rival GM, I wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for Bargnani....unless I can unload a bad contract in the process.

Gordon plus a top-5 pick (even though it's a weak draft) is a better scenario than sticking with Bargnani for 3 more years.
    +1

This is a "no brainer"!!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

this alone would be worth an extension for BC.....or maybe he would be fired for bribing charlotte....either way i don't care if they make this happen

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the orgy of positive responses here...it's unlikely that the deal is a good one for Charlotte.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, with MKG and Bi***smack Biyombo in the front court, Bargs' lack of rebounding could actually be tolerated and offense welcomed. But from an age & contract perspective, I don't see them being that interested. Then again, who knows how old Biyombo really is?

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it might be wiser to amnesty Bargs than make this deal. Neither Gordon or Thomas fit into future plans so I'd rather go into the summer with both JC and AB off the books and give the new GM some dough to go shopping with.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I think it might be wiser to amnesty Bargs than make this deal. Neither Gordon or Thomas fit into future plans so I'd rather go into the summer with both JC and AB off the books and give the new GM some dough to go shopping with.
    Of course they dont but trading Bargnani for a fresh new talent is in the form of a pick is. Tyrus is just a little evil to help with the greater good. And judging how much the Bobcats suck it will be a relatively high pick.
    Last edited by Rapstor4Life; Mon Jan 21st, 2013 at 01:10 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Diop/Warrick/pick for Bargs?

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see this getting past MJ.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Instead of a going after Charlotte's 2013 first rounder, I would rather their 2014 first rounder which somehow could be translated into WIGGINS! BOO YA! BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! #bargs=pylon

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote codean wrote: View Post
    Instead of a going after Charlotte's 2013 first rounder, I would rather their 2014 first rounder which somehow could be translated into WIGGINS! BOO YA! BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! #bargs=pylon
    The whole reason they are shopping their 2013 pick is because they view it as a down year for the draft. They're not giving up their 2014 first rounder, or certainly not for just Bargnani.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey ceez, where did ya find this rumour? No link.

Post Thanks / Like

espn insider uhhh ill dig it up
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be wrong but I don't think Charlotte can trade us their pick right now; they've traded a protected first-rounder to Chicago.

Bulls receive the Bobcats' 2013 first-round pick (top 12 protected in 2013, top 10 protected in 2014, top 8 protected in 2015, unprotected in 2016) (Tyrus Thomas trade 02-18-10)

My understanding is that they can trade this pick on draft-day (basically select who we want and then flip him immediately). However, they do have a couple other assets:

Bobcats receive the Blazers' 2013 first-round pick (top 12 protected in the 2013, 2014, and 2015, and unprotected in 2016) (Gerald Wallace trade 02-24-11)
    Bobcats receive the Pistons' 2013 first-round pick (top 14 protected in the 2013 draft, top 8 in 2014, top 1 in 2015, and unprotected in 2016) (Gerald Wallace trade 02-24-11)

I'd take the Detroit pick. Won't be this year, might be a pick in the 8-15 range next year, or else will probably be in the lottery in 2015. As for the salary that they'd throw in, I'd want Gordon or Diop, but would probably take Thomas if that's the only guy they were willing to trade.

edit: trade information from http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2013

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen crazier things happen, you never know.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    The whole reason they are shopping their 2013 pick is because they view it as a down year for the draft. They're not giving up their 2014 first rounder, or certainly not for just Bargnani.
    I've seen crazier things happen, you never know with Charlotte.

Thread Information