istanbul escort - bursa escort - escort bayan - Antalya Escort
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 90

Thread: Andrea to Bobcats?

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    im ok with the pick. what im not ok with is taking on another albotross contract that CANT be amnestied to get that pick..
    If we're talking about Thomas, then I agree. His contract is just as ugly as Bargnani's, and equally long. But Gordon has just 2 years remaining.

    IMO, Gordon for 2 years plus a pick, is better than amnestying Bargnani plus no pick.

    Mainly because Colangelo has not once used his cap space wisely in Toronto, so I have little reason to believe that amnestying Bargnani will help improve the team.

    Furthermore, I don't expect the Raptors to be a legit playoff contender for years, which makes Gordon's contract less painful.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    about the draft, it's not a weak draft. there's just no clear cut superstars in the sense where so and so is OBVIOUSLY going #1 or #2 or whatever. Hollinger and Stein both have said there's a bunch of great players to be had, just no clear cut order. Stein (i believe?) went so far as to say this is a good draft to have a pick in simply because there will be very good players to pick from even later on.

    which really sucks for us but whatever
    this is another reason why it makes more sense to trade for a mid to late 1st & a decent piece rather then try to aquire a 1-10 pick & Albotross from Bobcats...just as much chance to get a prospect late in the draft..& less Money spent..

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    this is another reason why it makes more sense to trade for a mid to late 1st & a decent piece rather then try to aquire a 1-10 pick & Albotross from Bobcats...just as much chance to get a prospect late in the draft..& less Money spent..
    I believe the only reason people are suggesting taking on an albatross contract in exchange for Bargnani is because nobody would be willing to take Bargnani otherwise.

    If we can find a sucker GM willing to give us a late 1st rounder, plus a rotation player, then sign me up fast! But the odds seem unlikely.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  4. #64
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    If we're talking about Thomas, then I agree. His contract is just as ugly as Bargnani's, and equally long. But Gordon has just 2 years remaining.

    IMO, Gordon for 2 years plus a pick, is better than amnestying Bargnani plus no pick.

    Mainly because Colangelo has not once used his cap space wisely in Toronto, so I have little reason to believe that amnestying Bargnani will help improve the team.

    Furthermore, I don't expect the Raptors to be a legit playoff contender for years, which makes Gordon's contract less painful.
    less painfull for who?

    lets say the raps get a top 5 pick from Bobcats & Gordon for bargs...first off we already have a glut at the SG spot..then theres the fact Gordon makes 12.4mill this season & prob. more next season...witch prob is close to the money for bargs 3 year deal.. then we draft someone in the top 5 who very well could slip out of the lottory (since theres no clear cut stars) & have to pay him like a top 5 pick! instead of mid-late 1st rnd $ contract wise....every way i look at it, it makes no sense...theres better deals to be had im sure of it..

  5. #65
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I believe the only reason people are suggesting taking on an albatross contract in exchange for Bargnani is because nobody would be willing to take Bargnani otherwise.

    If we can find a sucker GM willing to give us a late 1st rounder, plus a rotation player, then sign me up fast! But the odds seem unlikely.
    id even take a 2nd rounder if it ment taking no $ back LOL

    i think Hedo was way harder to sell to other teams & BC moved him for Barbosa so i have no doubt wed can get a better deal then is suggested here for bargs..its not like hes completly useless... hes just completely useless to us..
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Jan 22nd, 2013 at 12:21 PM.

  6. #66