Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c_bcm wrote: View Post
    Is Tyrus Thomas an amnesty candidate?
    For them - not for us if we traded for him.

Ben Gordon? Added to the pile of Demar - TRoss - Anderson - even Fields can play heavy SG minutes. Not an upgrade as a streaky volume scorer ... and leaving us with a remaining void at the big position on the roster.

Charlotte DOES have the 3rd worst record in the league right now, so I understand the salary absorb for a pick ... as players Thomas and Gordan are poor fits that are grossly overpaid.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

why take on contracts like those just to get a pick... this draft is weak..theres no reason to expect any star player to emerge from it..Im all for trading Bargs but a decent piece & a future 1st would be more wise IMO..that is if were looking for picks..Id be more willing to deal bargs for another youngish unproven NBA talent, like Derrick williams or something along those lines..

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
        why take on contracts like those just to get a pick...
        Probably because getting anything of value for Bargnani will be next to impossible. If I was a rival GM, I wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for Bargnani....unless I can unload a bad contract in the process.

Gordon plus a top-5 pick (even though it's a weak draft) is a better scenario than sticking with Bargnani for 3 more years.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
          why take on contracts like those just to get a pick... this draft is weak..theres no reason to expect any star player to emerge from it..Im all for trading Bargs but a decent piece & a future 1st would be more wise IMO..that is if were looking for picks..Id be more willing to deal bargs for another youngish unproven NBA talent, like Derrick williams or something along those lines..
          While the draft is viewed as weak, that doesn't mean there isn't top calibre potential in it. The only draft I can remember that didn't (arguably ofcourse) have a star in it was the 2000 draft. Even the notorious 2006 draft had Roy, Aldridge and Rondo. And while people can question their calibre (ie. superstar or not), I don't think anyone would question their overall talent.

Now given Colangelo's history I'm not sure if getting anything back matters. It could easily be turned into nothing.

Comment

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...l=1#post178932

Comment

So why exactly would Charolette want Bargnani? he doesnt fit them really they want a big that rebounds but I guess having him improves their offense which is 2nd worst in the league atm.

Who is Charolette giving up and if we do get Tyrus Thomas, we have a guy just eating money on our bench? :| Charolette would have to throw us a 1st round pick or 2.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                So why exactly would Charolette want Bargnani? he doesnt fit them really they want a big that rebounds but I guess having him improves their offense which is 2nd worst in the league atm.

Who is Charolette giving up and if we do get Tyrus Thomas, we have a guy just eating money on our bench? :| Charolette would have to throw us a 1st round pick or 2.
                Obviously we're getting a 1st round pick back. The first round pick is the only reason the Raptors would trade Bargnani for Tyrus Thomas.

Comment

outside of jv or ross id give anyone up for their pick
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    outside of jv or ross id give anyone up for their pick
                    Wonder if they'd give us next years pick instead. No one I like, so far, in this draft.
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

they will agree to trade only to change their mind at last minute...lol

Comment

No Brainer

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Probably because getting anything of value for Bargnani will be next to impossible. If I was a rival GM, I wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for Bargnani....unless I can unload a bad contract in the process.

Gordon plus a top-5 pick (even though it's a weak draft) is a better scenario than sticking with Bargnani for 3 more years.
                        +1

This is a "no brainer"!!

Comment

this alone would be worth an extension for BC.....or maybe he would be fired for bribing charlotte....either way i don't care if they make this happen

Comment

Given the orgy of positive responses here...it's unlikely that the deal is a good one for Charlotte.

Comment

Actually, with MKG and Bi***smack Biyombo in the front court, Bargs' lack of rebounding could actually be tolerated and offense welcomed. But from an age & contract perspective, I don't see them being that interested. Then again, who knows how old Biyombo really is?

Comment

I think it might be wiser to amnesty Bargs than make this deal. Neither Gordon or Thomas fit into future plans so I'd rather go into the summer with both JC and AB off the books and give the new GM some dough to go shopping with.

Comment

Working...
                                X