• Show
Clear All

• Crazy trade with Lakers and Bobcats

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=acnf6gp

I'm assuming we're getting picks?

Comment

Well, I guess?

Comment

Why would LA trade Gasol for backup 1,2 and 4. Leaves them a gaping hole at the power forward spot rolling with Jamison / Warrick.

Comment

I think you're an in the closet Charlotte fan. Why would lakers or raptors do this?

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=agjjk4j

Comment

I'm very MEH on this one. Steve Blake is a nice backup with a cheap contract, but Diop provides us absolutely nothing besides an expiring contract. Ben Gordon is also a big MEH because he can provide scoring ability, but he would eat heavily into the bench's minutes.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

How about a simple 2 for 2 with the Lakers.

Jose and Bargnani for Gasol and Blake.

Why would the Lakers do this? Gasol is just not fitting their team anymore, and Bargnani would fit really well with Dwight as a real stretch 4. Calderon would be a great backup for Nash and his contract ends at the end of the season.

Why would the Raptors do this? Although Gasol is having a bad season, maybe a new scenario would help him get back on track. He's a star player and he can play the 4 and the 5 spot. Steve Blake would be a good backup for Kyle Lowry.

Let's say JV does not get his starting job right when he comes back, here's what our roster for the rest of the season could look like:
                Gasol/Valanciunas/Gray
                Davis/Johnson/Acy
                Fields/Anderson/Kleiza
                DeRozan/Ross/Pietrus
                Lowry/Blake/Lucas

Lakers:
                Howard/Sacre/Hill
                Bargnani/Clark/Jamison
                Artest/Ebanks
                Bryant/Meeks/Morris
                Nash/Calderon/Duhon

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post

Although Gasol is having a bad season, maybe a new scenario would help him get back on track.
                  I can agree that Gasol is having a bad season statistically, but when put in the right position, he has still shown he has the ability to produce. Take for instance the Raptors game...when Howard went out Pau flourished in the low-post sets they were running for him.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                  X