Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are the Raptors really that bad ?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Are the Raptors really that bad ?

Honestly, now that we are at the half way point of the schedule with a record of 15-26, this team could easily be above .500.

When you factor in the recent breakdowns in Milwaukee, Chicago & Philly as well as the fact the Raptors blew at least 3 games in the 4-19 start , the team would be sporting a record of 21-20.

This team has potential if it continues to play hard every game. Trade talk is cheap. I like the Bargnani I saw at the beginning of last year... not so much the one I saw at the beginning of this year.

We need the Bargnani that we saw at the beginning of last year. He would make this team so much stronger. As for Calderon, resign to a reduced contract. He deserves at least that.

We should only trade if we are going to bring in a A level player that will immediately improve our team. Please no trading for draft picks. We are too young as it is.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In brief: no, they aren't that bad, they are +- 6 wins better than the current record, 8th spot contender, which lacks experience or developed talent.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They are as bad as they are...and that's not too bad. Sure there were games we blew but to reverse those, you'd have to reverse the games other teams blew to us. Yeah, they missed the foul on Amir but he would have to have hit both free throws just to send it to overtime. Not a done deal. But, bad luck and injury aside, we are where we should be..2 games out of 9th (9th, not 8th) still counts as fighting for a playoff spot. Who really expected more? We are not good enough to win but we are good enough to not lose by as much as other teams think...which, ironically, will produce wins. And, we're getting better as the season goes on, not worse.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
    Honestly, now that we are at the half way point of the schedule with a record of 15-26, this team could easily be above .500.

When you factor in the recent breakdowns in Milwaukee, Chicago & Philly as well as the fact the Raptors blew at least 3 games in the 4-19 start , the team would be sporting a record of 21-20.

This team has potential if it continues to play hard every game. Trade talk is cheap. I like the Bargnani I saw at the beginning of last year... not so much the one I saw at the beginning of this year.

We need the Bargnani that we saw at the beginning of last year. He would make this team so much stronger. As for Calderon, resign to a reduced contract. He deserves at least that.

We should only trade if we are going to bring in a A level player that will immediately improve our team. Please no trading for draft picks. We are too young as it is.
    Well every team in the league can factor in unfortunate situations, break downs, bad starts or periods etc. And when we add that into consideration and factor it against the Raps, we find out the Raps are exactly what they are.

The best bad team in the league, without a lottery pick next year, and doing their best step into mediocrity.

Raptors Republic Rookie swingman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say where we are right now matches the talent level.
    ...However, the youth has potential. Valanciunas, Boss Davis, Ross and Derozan have shown that in a few years this could be a Memphis-Indiana type team. Right now, for me these are the four guys to need minutes and experience together.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

well i'll put it this way

We aren't as bad as the Lakers.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post

Yes, we're that bad.

All those close losses happened because we're bad. Good teams have players who step up in crunch time and make plays. Good teams don't need to be playing at 100% efficiency to win games. Good teams find ways to win even when playing poorly.

As for Bargnani, the player we saw last year was an anomaly. We'll never see that player again. This I guarantee.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    As for Bargnani, the player we saw last year was an anomaly. We'll never see that player again. This I guarantee.
    I love how everyone still talks about those 13 games. As I said at the time, the guy has had stretches like that every year. Each season the guy has a 10 or so game stretch where he looks decent but he: can't sustain it; get injured; regresses to the mean. You will probably see that player again. The problem is that it will only be for about 13 games.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we're that bad.
    I don't completely agree with you, but you still made me laugh.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We're a young team who has had our "best" player go out for most of the season (Bargs), Our "second best" player go out for a stretch (Lowry), and out best prospect go out for several weeks (Jonas). That is a recipe for losses. If Bargs come back and plays well and Jonas does the same, how much better is this team? Or if we turn Bargs into a good bench player?
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

WE ARE NOT A GOOD BASKETBALL TEAM IN THE NBA! point blank period .

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No we are not that bad. The Lakers are that bad, and we just beat them on sunday.
    "Defense wins championships."

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

no not that bad

just not that good either

best of the worst

maybe worst of the average
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    Well every team in the league can factor in unfortunate situations, break downs, bad starts or periods etc. And when we add that into consideration and factor it against the Raps, we find out the Raps are exactly what they are.

The best bad team in the league, without a lottery pick next year, and doing their best step into mediocrity.
    +1

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Yeah, they missed the foul on Amir but he would have to have hit both free throws just to send it to overtime.
    Actually it was 1 shot to tie, both to win. But you are right, every team has those missed opportunities. I think if this team was healthy we could possibly be an 7 or 8th seed.

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

PTS/G: 97.4 (12th of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 99.3 (21st of 30)
    SRS: -2.38 (20th of 30) ▪ Pace: 90.0 (25th of 30)
    Off Rtg: 106.1 (12th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 108.2 (26th of 30)
    Expected W-L: 18-23 (20th of 30)

i like casey but lately ive been thinking about the decisions he has made that have cost us games
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Post Thanks / Like

why does he insist on having jose inbound the ball? "coaches don't win you games they only lose them"

Post Thanks / Like

since nobody wanted to do me the favor. I decided to look up our record when the starting sf scores more than 10 points. we are 3-4 when it happens

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we're that bad.

All those close losses happened because we're bad. Good teams have players who step up in crunch time and make plays. Good teams don't need to be playing at 100% efficiency to win games. Good teams find ways to win even when playing poorly.

I agree with everything you said here and it is very black and white but the reality.

I think i read that our record against above 500 teams is 1-16 (!!) that is really telling...

too many things need to go right for us to actually win the game. Whether we lose the game in the 1st quarter or in the last 2 minutes of a game ultimately is irrelevant

Raptors Republic Rookie Jkwasia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote knickz wrote: View Post
    why does he insist on having jose inbound the ball? "coaches don't win you games they only lose them"
    Wow this cant be Kinkz the Dribbles fan boy with a criticism of his hero i'm astonished......0.o
    then again your blaming Casey not Dribbles I guess you have taken a step at least

Thread Information