Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Are the Raptors really that bad ?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I could actually see Jack, saying "Well you live by the jump shot, you die by the jump shot". We would shrug our shoulders and say its just another one of those 2006 games, where our SHATS are not falling. (everyone being totally oblivious to good D)

I know you guys think otherwise, and we will have to disagree, but I don't even think it would be close. I honestly think the game would be over in the 3rd quarter, with Acy seeing major minutes in the 4th.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    I could actually see Jack, saying "Well you live by the jump shot, you die by the jump shot". We would shrug our shoulders and say its just another one of those 2006 games, where are SHATS are not falling. (everyone being totally oblivious to good D)
    What I don't understand about your argument, is how you seem to be avoiding the fact that living/dying by the jump shot has been this year's team's MO. This team has horrible ball movement offensively and when the 3pt shots aren't dropping, they struggle to stay competitive. Yes, Davis and Amir have had a good run as of late, but they are still primarily a jump-shooting team. The quality of shooters on the '06-07 team is head-and-shoulders above this year's team.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we have great ball movement, depending on the point guard that starts. I honestly do not think of this team as a jump shooting team, they play both sides of the ball and the bigs are not trying to hit 3 point shots. The 2006 Andrea could not even get on that starting roster with this squad, he just did not rebound.

As for the jump shooters of 2006, didn't we end the season 2-8, with our 47 wins? We were a really bad team heading into the playoffs. We had some runs during that season against some bad teams, but once they figured out how to play us, we were toast, and we all saw it coming.

EDIT: if my memory serves me correctly, the only player that stepped up in the PO and played on both sides of the ball that year was Morris Petterson. (In fact, I think our overachievement in 2006 screwed up our team for years to come. We should of seen it for the illusion that it was, but we did not.)
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Wed Jan 23rd, 2013 at 02:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW,

The main reason we are not a jump shooting team, like 2006, is that even when our shots are not falling and we are shooting below 400 we are still finding ways to keep up with our opponents. There has only been 1 or 2 games were I knew we were done. We always are in it, even when our players are struggling. Granted we have come up short, but we always seem to make game out of it down to a possession or two.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information