Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: If NOH can change name to Pelicans, Toronto should change our name to HUSKIES

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Looks like something borrowed from a commercial pilot's uniform :|
    with the wings ya kinda.. i was expecting much worse though i guess

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If the team was a perennial contender, MSLE could change the team name to the Pylons and have them wear pink, yellow, orange and green jerseys. All I care about (and what everyone else should care about) is winning. When we start doing a lot of that then we can discuss changing the name and the colours. But for now, why waste time and money on changing some that has NO EFFECT on the performance on the court?

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Looks like something borrowed from a commercial pilot's uniform :|
    Exactly what I was thinking haha
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    Not sure why some people don't like the Raptors name - I think it's great. It's unique, cool, and its a friggin dinosaur. Not to mention that raptors or velociraptors are one of the few well known dinosaurs in pop culture.

Come on guys, cant just throw out 17 years for nothing
    This.

Dinosaurs were awesome way before Jurassic Park came out. Dinosaurs are still awesome. It isn't a gimmick.

Also, the claw ball logo is great. I like it a lot more than the Timberwolves' logo (I live in Minneapolis now).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ajar wrote: View Post
    This.

Dinosaurs were awesome way before Jurassic Park came out. Dinosaurs are still awesome. It isn't a gimmick.

Also, the claw ball logo is great. I like it a lot more than the Timberwolves' logo (I live in Minneapolis now).
    Dinosaurs may have been popular, but I don't recall the Velociraptor being a well known dinosaur prior to JP. T-Rex, Stegosauras, Triceratops, Brontosaurus (flinstones anyone?) yes, but not Raptors... it was a cheesy, trendy name back then and the stench of amateurness has stuck with this franchise as a baby brother to its American counterparts ever since.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Huskies is as bad a name as the bobcats...really wish people would drop the idea that the raptors are giving up years of branding...

(huskies....its just a horrible name)

Post Thanks / Like

Trade ill maggot and change the name. Huskies is fine. Anything is better than raptors. Need a name you cant turn into something else related to poo. Like Craptors.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Screw that, Raptors is a badass name. It's a vicious animal that hunts in packs. It's a hell of a lot better name than majority of the league.

Post Thanks / Like

TORONTO: Raptors is a fine name. Just change the interpretation from "dinosaur" to "bird of prey" and get a blue, grey and yellow color scheme (sky, clouds/wings, and beak).

VANCOUVER: The next NBA team in Vancouver definitely has to be called the "tree-huggers". Green tops and brown, wood grain shorts. Granola and kale burgers sold at the games.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Screw that, Raptors is a badass name. It's a vicious animal that hunts in packs. It's a hell of a lot better name than majority of the league.
    I agree. The Raptor is clawing you, tearing at your flesh like a prehistoric dinosaur, you try to sneak up on it, and BAM next thing you know its an eagle soaring high in the sky and you can't get at it. What the hell is a Huskie going to do to an eagle?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to have a Starter t-shirt (whatever happened to that brand???) that read "The Power to Devour". Let's bring that slogan back to the Raptors. It's certainly better than "the bounce is back".
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote symbot wrote: View Post
    VANCOUVER: The next NBA team in Vancouver definitely has to be called the "tree-huggers". Green tops and brown, wood grain shorts. Granola and kale burgers sold at the games.
    best post ever.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    on the pelican topic..

seems there new logo leaked already

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/article...fore-unveiling

hate there name but the logo isnt half bad..could have been alot worse that is
    Wow, I didn't think it woudl be possible to make a Pelican look mean. They did a decent job there.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

huskies might sound generic but still better than the raptors name which just sounds really out of date given the context it was taken from.

oh well, at least its not as bad as team names like the mighty ducks. still can't believe they actually used it for real.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Huskies is a perfect name for a bunch of white pale college kids in cardigans.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be impressed if the name was changed to "Huskies" and "Don't Eat The Yellow Snow" was the official song.

I'd also be curious how many players ever heard of Zappa.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

NOH changed from Hornets to a regional name that had some local meaning. I mean, how many Huskies do you see in the GTA on a regular basis? This isn't exactly Tuktoyuktuk. If we're going with a local TO animal, then it has to be either Toronto Squirrels or Racoons.

Thread Information