No announcement yet.

If NOH can change name to Pelicans, Toronto should change our name to HUSKIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huskies is as bad a name as the bobcats...really wish people would drop the idea that the raptors are giving up years of branding...

(huskies....its just a horrible name)

Comment

Trade ill maggot and change the name. Huskies is fine. Anything is better than raptors. Need a name you cant turn into something else related to poo. Like Craptors.

Comment

Screw that, Raptors is a badass name. It's a vicious animal that hunts in packs. It's a hell of a lot better name than majority of the league.

Comment

TORONTO: Raptors is a fine name. Just change the interpretation from "dinosaur" to "bird of prey" and get a blue, grey and yellow color scheme (sky, clouds/wings, and beak).

VANCOUVER: The next NBA team in Vancouver definitely has to be called the "tree-huggers". Green tops and brown, wood grain shorts. Granola and kale burgers sold at the games.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Screw that, Raptors is a badass name. It's a vicious animal that hunts in packs. It's a hell of a lot better name than majority of the league.
            I agree. The Raptor is clawing you, tearing at your flesh like a prehistoric dinosaur, you try to sneak up on it, and BAM next thing you know its an eagle soaring high in the sky and you can't get at it. What the hell is a Huskie going to do to an eagle?

Comment

I used to have a Starter t-shirt (whatever happened to that brand???) that read "The Power to Devour". Let's bring that slogan back to the Raptors. It's certainly better than "the bounce is back".

Comment

symbot wrote: View Post
                VANCOUVER: The next NBA team in Vancouver definitely has to be called the "tree-huggers". Green tops and brown, wood grain shorts. Granola and kale burgers sold at the games.
                best post ever.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                  on the pelican topic..

seems there new logo leaked already

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/article...fore-unveiling

hate there name but the logo isnt half bad..could have been alot worse that is
                  Wow, I didn't think it woudl be possible to make a Pelican look mean. They did a decent job there.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

huskies might sound generic but still better than the raptors name which just sounds really out of date given the context it was taken from.

oh well, at least its not as bad as team names like the mighty ducks. still can't believe they actually used it for real.

Comment

Huskies is a perfect name for a bunch of white pale college kids in cardigans.

Comment

I would be impressed if the name was changed to "Huskies" and "Don't Eat The Yellow Snow" was the official song.

I'd also be curious how many players ever heard of Zappa.

Comment

NOH changed from Hornets to a regional name that had some local meaning. I mean, how many Huskies do you see in the GTA on a regular basis? This isn't exactly Tuktoyuktuk. If we're going with a local TO animal, then it has to be either Toronto Squirrels or Racoons.

Comment

Working...
                          X