Am I crazy for still believing in "The Magician"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I crazy for still believing in "The Magician"

I know his had a terrible season and that it was only 13 games. I just can't help but believe he can be saved. I blame BC for this. As long as this 7 foot, 250 bls, pure stroking quick forward is in a raptor uniform I will always think he can put it together. I'm one of the biggest Ed Davis supporters but his just not on the same "Talent Level" as Bargnani. Actually you could not find 5 other PF that has the "Talent" that Andrea has. I actually shed a tear thinking of how good this team could be if Bargnani could just put it together. He would actually put this team over the top. When it comes down to just pure talent and physical attribute Andrea is on a short list. I understand why Casey played him so much and never gave up on him. When just thinking of what his capable to do on any given possession. You have no choice but to put him out there. I regress.

Fuck you BC!
    @Chr1st1anL

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Fuck you BC!
    Why the hate for BC?! BC believed in Bargnani, in the end of the day that desire to be great is not in Bargnani apperent DNA, so in essence its Bargnani fault for not having the desire to be great.

I believe that Bargnani can still be a serviceble player on the Raptors squad but not at the expense of Ed Davis progress. If he comes back, Casey should implement the Kyle Lowry rule on him " Because you come back we ain't going to give you the starting spot right away, it is now belong to Ed Davis because he earned it and its working for us. So if you want minutes you are going to have to battle it out with Ed and if you do good you get to keep and gain more minutes but if you do bad you are going to lose it. No more free reign to just shoot, not pass the ball, not rebound and not play defence whenever you feel like, you either play hard or don't play at all".

Comment

"Come hell or high water". It wouldn't surprise me to see Bargnani back in the starting lineup after 5 games, regardless of how he's performing.

Comment

Casey commented on how tough it would be to take Ed from the starting lineup at this point.

This injury return will give us a chance to see Bargs in a role that many have wondered may be his most lethal. Come off the bench and score in bunches.

We have seen time and time again how Andrea can explode for 7-10 point runs on his own, and with smaller second units more NBA clubs are going with - even his rebounding issues may become less apparent.

For the record - a potential bench unit of: Kyle Lowry, Terrence Rosse, Allan Anderson, Andrea Bargnani and Amir Johnson is the reason we have a chance to make some noise in the 2nd half of the season!
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Talent is useless without heart and desire.

And to answer your question, yes, you are crazy.... but I understand why you think that way and would love nothing more for your beliefs to turn to reality.

Not understanding the BC hate though. BC has attempted to coddle and nurture Bargnani more than anyone.... maybe to his detriment.

Comment

I don't think you're crazy, but it probably doesn't matter. Bargs is still very talented and there is the possibility that he'll figure this all out. There is even the possibility he'll do it in a Raptors uniform. Maybe he comes off the bench and it finally makes him play hard to get back into the starting line up and he keeps that work ethic ofr the rest of his carreer. Maybe he was secretly injured early this season and was too manly too admit it. Maybe being injured finally makes him realize he only has one shot at his legacy. Maybe he finds Jesus in a hotel room and makes some better life decisions, like giving half his wealth to charities and rebounding. Maybe he goes all Space Jam and steals Amir's hustle then fights Michael Jordon with a sword. Maybe he's a unicorn.

Then again, maybe Bargnani is done in Toronto.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Talent is useless without heart and desire.

And to answer your question, yes, you are crazy.... but I understand why you think that way and would love nothing more for your beliefs to turn to reality.

Not understanding the BC hate though. BC has attempted to coddle and nurture Bargnani more than anyone.... maybe to his detriment.
              agreed 100%..

hard work beats talent when talent dont work hard

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                agreed 100%..

hard work beats talent when talent dont work hard
                Then again, look how hard DeRozan works, but he's too limited in terms of talent for it to make much difference.

At the end of the day, what this team needs is a player who has talent, and is a hard worker to boot (i.e. a true franchise player).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Then again, look how hard DeRozan works, but he's too limited in terms of talent for it to make much difference.

At the end of the day, what this team needs is a player who has talent, and is a hard worker to boot (i.e. a true franchise player).
                  demar may work hard in the gym.. in game on offence he just floats around the 3pt line even though he cant shoot! i dont call that working hard.. more like hardly working...he needs to play more like T.Ross does... running off screens & such.. as long as demar just plants himself around the 3pt line his defender is just going to play a 1 man zone & help on every drive...
                  Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Jan 24, 2013, 11:23 AM.

Comment

lol, good point. DeMar works hard when the cameras aren't rolling...

Comment

"Come hell or high water". It wouldn't surprise me to see Bargnani back in the starting lineup after 5 games, regardless of how he's performing.
                      Considering they wont make the playoffs anyways and this team cant get any lower, I wouldnt mind seeing Bargnani in the starting lineup. Considering how moronic Casey deals with his subs and rotation, wont be a big deal anymore.

Comment

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
                          You mean the fitness routine?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                            You mean the fitness routine?
                            I assume slaw meant expecting Bargnani to be someone he's not....for the 7th time.

Comment

I assume slaw meant expecting Bargnani to be someone he's not....for the 7th time.
                              hahahaha i know. i guess the hint of sarcasm in my earlier post didnt stink enough for slaw to figure out, hehehe

Comment

Working...
                              X