Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: There's a reason why DeRozan never gets any call from the officials

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    No, no....just acknowledging that we might get better pieces for him today, than 12 months from now.

Personally, I'm torn on Lowry. When he's played well, he's played REALLY well (but as a #1 option in an Allen Iverson type role). I'm not sure if that's the type of PG I want when building a team from scratch.

On the other hand, he pretty much had to take on that Iverson role since we have very few other weapons on this roster.
    Ditto.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    You think they should get rid of him now?
    It could also be a domino-effect type of position.

Say the Raps look at trading Bargnani and/or Calderon to the Lakers or to Minnesota (either direct or 3-way with Lakers), for example. It's very likely that one/both of those teams would like to unload a PG in return (Blake/Duhon from LA, Ridnour likely from MIN).

The Raps could then look to trade Lowry in a seperate deal to address a weakness at another position (ie: SF), if they think that the PG(s) coming back in the Bargnani/Calderon deal would be adequate enough to act as a stop-gap solution for a year or two.

That's why it's tricky looking at any single trade in a vacuum, especially if there are many moving parts on multiple ongoing possible trade fronts.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I would at least explore the option and find out what his trade value is, both alone and as part of a package. His defense hasn't looked much better than Calderon's, his offense has been inconsistent and his attitude at times has appeared to be Bayless-esque. Plus, he's a shoot-first PG, which isn't my personal prefence in a starting PG, so I'm biased right off the bat.
    Oh i agree, of course if we can get an upgrade then by all means

But i think it has more to do with role definition. im feeling he's still confused as to what his role is on this team. to facilitate, score, etc. At times i think he's opting to pass rather that shoot fearing he's going to get subbed out by Calderon. I was watching the Sixers game against the Spurs, and one timeout Collins pulled Jrue aside and said something to the effect of, its time for you to take over, youre a superstar in this league, this is your team now, do what it takes. seriously, i was teary eyed, gay as it may sound but that was a moment. Lowry's at the stage of his career where a coach needs to defined what his role is. everybody knows how good he is, he needs to be put in the right spot.

Post Thanks / Like

No, no....just acknowledging that we might get better pieces for him today, than 12 months from now.

Personally, I'm torn on Lowry. When he's played well, he's played REALLY well (but as a #1 option in an Allen Iverson type role). I'm not sure if that's the type of PG I want when building a team from scratch.

On the other hand, he pretty much had to take on that Iverson role since we have very few other weapons on this roster.
    Very true. So with all this to account for, would it be worth it to see what he can do next year, without Calderon?

Shoot, sorry for making this into a Lowry thread.

But going back to the OP, Id package Demar rather than Lowry.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Jan 24th, 2013 at 11:48 AM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Very true. So with all this to account for, would it be worth it to see what he can do next year, without Calderon?

Shoot, sorry for making this into a Lowry thread.

But going back to the OP, Id package Demar rather than Lowry.
    Tough to say (glad I'm not running this team). But I might be more inclined to find a PG through the draft.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Tough to say (glad I'm not running this team). But I might be more inclined to find a PG through the draft.
    Fair enough.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh not concerned Demar will turn it around. I honestly believe that him going to another team would be a uge mistake.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He needs lessons from Vince Carter, just drive, don't settle for these leaning double pump jump shots at the end of regulation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information