Last night's loss was what we needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I hate when people say this, putting the outcome of the game on one specific play. Hey, if the Big Bang didn't happen, we all wouldn't be here.
    lol, but isn't this true?

Comment

I was just thinking a similar thing. Not that this loss was one they "needed" but it was admirable none the less. Sure they blew a lead but they built one up again. Sure they got blown out in the 3rd quarter but they won the 4th quarter. Sure miami has lost games to washington and they were on a 5 day break but I don't buy that. They may sleep on washington or detroit, and we may not be cleveland but the heat must have been at least a bit conscious that they were playing Bosh's old team. If the heat point to their big third quarter as evidence that it took them a while to find their legs, then how did we outdo them in the 4th. That's what I was proud to see. When I saw the second lead slip away at the end of the third, I thought the raps would fade away. Good on them for not doing that.

Comment

I just don't get it. Last year we wanted as high a draft pick as possible, but most people wanted the team to win every meaningless game with a roster that would be significantly turned over in the offseason. Now a "good" loss is being applauded in the middle of a season in which most people were targeting playoffs as a real, attainable goal??? I think I woke up in bizzaro world, Jerry!

Comment

Optimism for the sake of optimism. The years and years of losing has seriously affected people's point of reference

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            lol, but isn't this true?
            Just a theory

Comment

robert parrish 00 wrote: View Post
              I think whining to the refs every drive is poor sportsmanship.
              Then every player in the league is a poor sportsman.

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                Disagree. Media would have been all over the Heat for their poor first half. Don't think for one second a Raps win would've given them any recognition. This would've been all about the Heat loss, not the Raps win. Anyhow, one win or close loss against a great team means nothing. Nobody will care that the Wiz beat the heat when they finish dead last in the league.
                Yeah, that's even how the Lakers loss played out, and they're not nearly as good as the Heat. It was all about how they're still out of sorts and can't even get their act together to be lowly Toronto.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                  Just a theory
                  Regardless of whether you believe in the big bang or not, the fact remains that if whatever single creation event didn't happen long ago, none of us would be here today (which is the truth I was referring to).

So, bringing this back to basketball, the outcome of a basketball game can indeed be determined by a single play.

Comment

Working...
                  X