Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who wants Jose

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope a contender comes out and takes him. He deserves a playoff run

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LA Lakers, Boston and Dallas seem like his potential landing spots maybe even Detroit.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder about Phoenix. Supposedly they are willing to deal Dudley who has 12.75M on his contract after this season. Would Phoenix take Calderon and pay an extra $3-4M this season to save $12.75M over the next few years? That is about a $9M swing.

Something simple like this that Hollingers numbers add 6 wins:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9m75e7

Toronto: Gay
    Memphis: Dudley, Davis, 2nd rd pick from Raptors, (I would imagine a big trade exception would come of this)
    Phoenix: Calderon, 2nd rd pick from Raptors

Raps can then follow it up with something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wr7jdw

Toronto: Gasol
    Lakers: Bargnani, Kleiza, Anderson
    Memphis: Meeks, Jamison (using TPEs)

Lakers save a tonne of money this year and next (especially next with SUPER luxury tax). Memphis adds depth currently lacking and replaces a shooter in Meeks. Neither Meeks, Jamison, or Gasol have been happy with D'Antoni's playing time.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I wonder about Phoenix. Supposedly they are willing to deal Dudley who has 12.75M on his contract after this season. Would Phoenix take Calderon and pay an extra $3-4M this season to save $12.75M over the next few years? That is about a $9M swing.

Something simple like this that Hollingers numbers add 6 wins:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9m75e7

Toronto: Gay
    Memphis: Dudley, Davis, 2nd rd pick from Raptors, (I would imagine a big trade exception would come of this)
    Phoenix: Calderon, 2nd rd pick from Raptors

Raps can then follow it up with something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wr7jdw

Toronto: Gasol
    Lakers: Bargnani, Kleiza, Anderson
    Memphis: Meeks, Jamison (using TPEs)

Lakers save a tonne of money this year and next (especially next with SUPER luxury tax). Memphis adds depth currently lacking and replaces a shooter in Meeks. Neither Meeks, Jamison, or Gasol have been happy with D'Antoni's playing time.
    So when all said and done:

PG: Lowry, Lucas
    SG: DD, Ross
    SF: Gay, Fields, Pietrus
    PF: Gasol, Amir, Acy
    C: JV, Gray
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sign me up!

(Pretty much any roster depth chart that doesn't contain the swear word "Barg----" is something I sign up for.)
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see LA giving up Gasol, Meeks and Jamison for Bargnani, Kleiza and AA. That's a hell of a lot to give up for that return. It takes them out of the super tax, but it is Kupchak that you'd have to deal with. He'll be asking for Ross, JV and Lowry for Gasol not Bargnani and Kleiza.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    Sign me up!

(Pretty much any roster depth chart that doesn't contain the swear word "Barg----" is something I sign up for.)
    if it happened like that i bet you pau goes in the 5 and amir starts, so the team can try and develop acy and ween gray out of existence
    For The Win

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I don't see LA giving up Gasol, Meeks and Jamison for Bargnani, Kleiza and AA. That's a hell of a lot to give up for that return. It takes them out of the super tax, but it is Kupchak that you'd have to deal with. He'll be asking for Ross, JV and Lowry for Gasol not Bargnani and Kleiza.
    Kupchak is a great GM but he does not hold any leverage here. If he doesn't want to trade Pau, so be it. I would also do http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=awkarau

Gasol is bench, owed $39M over the next 2 years and they are looking at a payroll of over $100M.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

And don't look now, but the Lakers have won 3 straight....with the Suns, Wolves and Pistons up next.

With a potential 6-game winning streak on the horizon, perhaps Gasol isn't going anywhere.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

At first glance, I love it. The only thing that concerns me is how much shooting (specifically 3-point shooting) we lose. I only hope gay can become a more reliable outside shooter. 3-point shooting is the one thing casey pushed hard to address in the off-season and with this trade it only leaves us with 3 real outside threats (that will get playing time) and only 1 in the starting lineup.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh Lucas.... :/ hopefully we can pick up some young kid with something to prove to back up Lowry instead of having Lucas play at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    And don't look now, but the Lakers have won 3 straight....with the Suns, Wolves and Pistons up next.

With a potential 6-game winning streak on the horizon, perhaps Gasol isn't going anywhere.
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...rs-win-hornets

Pau not happy.

$19M per year is a lot to bench in the 4th quarter.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with the inclusion of Lakers in this discussion is the rise of Earl Clark. 4/5 from three last night. Looks like D'Antoni found his "Stretch 4". Not only that, Clark, rebounds with reckless abandon. This is BC's epic mess. Just a mess whenever I frequent these forums. The fans seems to spend more time trying to clean up his mess (as faux GMs).
    ďThe saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.Ē - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

This could be another option for including the Celtics in the mix: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ajt8rth

Memphis
    - saves roughly $5M per season
    - Green replaces Gay (starting SF)
    - Davis makes Arthur (or possibly Randolph) expendable
    - Collins will likely get waived

Boston
    - Calderon replaces Rondo (starting PG) as a 1-year rental
    - Anderson replaces Green (backup SF), providing solid wing defense and 3pt shooting
    - huge financial savings after this season (for the next 3 years) to help with their rebuilding once the Garnett/Pierce dynasty comes to an end

Toronto
    - getting Gay for Calderon, Davis, Anderson and a 2nd round pick is a pretty solid deal
    - wing rotation of Gay, Ross, DeRozan and Fields, so Anderson won't be missed
    - still need to move Bargnani
    - would still need to improve the starting PF (Amir will be backup PF)
    - would still need to improve the backup PG (though Lucas will suffice for this season)
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jan 30th, 2013 at 12:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    The problem with the inclusion of Lakers in this discussion is the rise of Earl Clark. 4/5 from three last night. Looks like D'Antoni found his "Stretch 4". Not only that, Clark, rebounds with reckless abandon. This is BC's epic mess. Just a mess whenever I frequent these forums. The fans seems to spend more time trying to clean up his mess (as faux GMs).
    It will be interesting to see if this is an aberration on Clark's part. He hardly was a prolific scorer from deep in college nor the NBA. But then again, when a guys gets a chance to show what he can do.....
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to see if this is an aberration on Clark's part. He hardly was a prolific scorer from deep in college nor the NBA. But then again, when a guys gets a chance to show what he can do.....
    I'm not one for small sample sizes but he's was quite impressive last night. Very mobile, an opportunistic scorer and has good shooting mechanics from perimeter.
    ďThe saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.Ē - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can it be that no team is willing to take on Jose because, apart from his salary, that he is expected to play Euroball this summer, and possibly log heavy minutes since Rubio will definitely not play and most likely use the summer to heal up and get back in tiptop shape?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Can it be that no team is willing to take on Jose because, apart from his salary, that he is expected to play Euroball this summer, and possibly log heavy minutes since Rubio will definitely not play and most likely use the summer to heal up and get back in tiptop shape?
    I'm assuming that teams are only viewing him as an expiring contract, as opposed to factoring into their plans beyond this season. As a fan of Calderon, I'm actually happy about the lack of long-term demand for him, as it could potentially open the door to his returning to the Raptors (following a trade) in the offseason.

I'm curious if the problem is more about teams not wanting Calderon, or if it's more to do with Memphis not being satisfied with the return for Calderon that other suitors are offering. Calderon may not even be the real problem, it could be Memphis' level of expectations of what they want along with Toronto's "young player".
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jan 30th, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I'm assuming that teams are only viewing him as an expiring contract, as opposed to factoring into their plans beyond this season. As a fan of Calderon, I'm actually happy about the lack of long-term demand for him, as it could potentially open the door to his returning to the Raptors (following a trade) in the offseason.
    So do you think then that no other team is sold on having a pass first PG? Out of 29 teams, only the Raptors are still clinging to a pass first, team oriented type of basketball?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    So do you think then that no other team is sold on having a pass first PG? Out of 29 teams, only the Raptors are still clinging to a pass first, team oriented type of basketball?
    Could be due to his age, injury history, preference to go young (given the depth at PG in the league these days), reputation for poor defense, unwillingness to commit to an unknown salary expectation... lots of possibilities, to go along with the demands Memphis may have in return for Calderon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information