Toronto @ Orlando: January 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tucas wrote: View Post
    It's about time! Well worth the feminine scream I let out when it went in.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
      The only 2 I remember in the last couple of season was TJ Ford hitting one against the Clippers and Bosh hit one against the Hawks.

And that awesome Mo Pete shot against the Wizards, but that was to tie the game.
      Yeah man St Pattys day 2010. I was there, great seats, I was plastered and I could of sworn me and Hedo made eye contact while DeMar was at the freethrow line. Jamal Crawford was unstoppable that game. Had seats in the 112 section in the lettered seats. Sherm walked by and gave my homies and I dirty looks cause we were acting like hooligans.

Wasn't a pure buzzer beater though had like two seconds left but we came back late in the fourth quarter.
      Last edited by e2thed; Fri Jan 25, 2013, 06:42 AM.
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        I just want to point out that this is the fourth game in a row where Jose has played v dry serviceable defence. I have been watching him particularly on the defensive end and somehow (maybe it's a statistical fluke...they happen) but he has been doing a very good job on his man. While Lowry has been getting torched (slight exaggeration there).

Am I looking through rose coloured glasses, or has anyone else noticed and just been too shy to say anything?
        I don't think it is an exaggeration. He is brutal at fighting over screens and turning himself inside out.

Comment

• Does anyone recall specifically the stat Devlin was spouting about DeRozan's shooting percentage? Said he was the best guard in the league and only trailed Bosh, Garnett, and (insert someone else).

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
            ....Calderon is still getting torched too much. Miami's big run in the 3rd quarter, is due in large part to Calderon's poor to non-existent defense that quarter. The dude is too damn slow switching mans..closing gaps, and moving laterally.
            Don't disagree. He should be better. But the last four games he seems to have picked up his defence. He is much more active, not losing his man as much and doing a better job of staying in front and moving side to side.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Does anyone recall specifically the stat Devlin was spouting about DeRozan's shooting percentage? Said he was the best guard in the league and only trailed Bosh, Garnett, and (insert someone else).
              It wasn't about his shooting percentage, it was about his midrange game, apparently he's the top guard in the midrange

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                Rose coloured glasses my friend. Lowry is guilty of gambling too much. But, Calderon is still getting torched too much. Miami's big run in the 3rd quarter, is due in large part to Calderon's poor to non-existent defense that quarter. The dude is too damn slow switching mans..closing gaps, and moving laterally.
                +1 he left charmers wide open for 3 a good 3 or 4 times before Miami started giving it to Lebron. He was a big reason we lost

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                  Lol it's funny how serious people take it when I make a joke.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                    Lol it's funny how serious people take it when I make a joke.

Haha just messin with ya

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                      It wasn't about his shooting percentage, it was about his midrange game, apparently he's the top guard in the midrange
                      Thanks. But what does that mean? What were the parameters?

Was it something about most points?

Comment

A point made during the telecast is that there are basically no shooting guards who even bother with the mid-range game anymore, which obviously skews the results in DeRozan's favour (in terms of league ranking).

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was points for mid-long range 2 pointers

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            A point made during the telecast is that there are basically no shooting guards who even bother with the mid-range game anymore, which obviously skews the results in DeRozan's favour (in terms of league ranking).
                            I am just trying to find a way to get those results from HoopData.com. Can't find it right now.

But basically it seems the point Matt Devlin was making is DeRozan has the game of a stretch 4 minus the rebounding and floor spacing ability in a SG role..... awesome.

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                              I'm pretty sure it was points for mid-long range 2 pointers
                              points made by taking the worst shot in basketball

Definetely a statistic to, as Jack would say, hang your hat on.

Comment

• With just 3 games, the top 10 became top 5 last night and Toronto, more specifically DeRozan, got the top 2:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/to...0124-top5.nba/

Comment

Working...
                                X