Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Post at 'The Fan Hub': Pistons might be after Calderon?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no suggestion that the "Pistons might be after Calderon". It's just someone on a fan site dreaming, like Lakers' fans always dream that they can get pieces they need with their scrubs, that the Raps are eager to help their team out.

IMO, the only way Jose gets traded is if a PG for a legit contender goes down and they're willing to let go of a good young prospect, or promising draft pick, for his rental. Otherwise his expiring is highly unlikely to fetch anything worth the Raptors sending him packing with less chance of re-signing him in the summer at ba reasonable price, which could be important. Unless Lowry picks up his TEAM game in a big way, we need Jose for the development of the young guys.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If they're talking Jose, BC needs to start talking Kyle Singler.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't think of anyone I'd want...maybe Prince, but he's pretty old!

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Would never happen but I'd do a Jose and Anderson for Knight and Prince any day. Anderson out would mean more minutes for Ross and Kleiza would get amnestied in the summer. Wings of DD, Ross, Fields and Prince are okay with me.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
    Can't think of anyone I'd want...maybe Prince, but he's pretty old!
    He is getting up there but we could use a veteran presence and he can still defend, rebound and hit open shots.

Monroe, Knight, Drummond, Singler would all be worth a look outside of Prince but doubtful these 4 would be available.

Post Thanks / Like

Just an awful, awful trade

Post Thanks / Like

which one?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That is a good point.
    So you would rather pay Kleiza to go away than get an asset or expiring contract in return? What sense does that make?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post
    So you would rather pay Kleiza to go away than get an asset or expiring contract in return? What sense does that make?
    It depends on what the asset is and what else you have to give up in return. Personally, I think Calderon should yield more than an old expiring (Maggette), a worthless expiring (Daye), $4.6M in cap space, and a possible 2nd round pick.

If Calderon can't yield anything more of value, then one has to wonder if it would be better to just hold on to Calderon to win as many games as possible and amnesty Kleiza and getting that $4.6M in cap space.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    It depends on what the asset is and what else you have to give up in return. Personally, I think Calderon should yield more than an old expiring (Maggette), a worthless expiring (Daye), $4.6M in cap space, and a possible 2nd round pick.

If Calderon can't yield anything more of value, then one has to wonder if it would be better to just hold on to Calderon to win as many games as possible and amnesty Kleiza and getting that $4.6M in cap space.
    I suppose I meant that if we could get anything back for Kleiza specifically like an expiring deal etc. why would we just pay him to go away? I am in favour of keeping Jose, unless we can get something of real value. I believe he has proven his value to the team, but understand that he could be a nice trade piece.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post
    I suppose I meant that if we could get anything back for Kleiza specifically like an expiring deal etc. why would we just pay him to go away? I am in favour of keeping Jose, unless we can get something of real value. I believe he has proven his value to the team, but understand that he could be a nice trade piece.
    I guess the question to ask is: would anyone pay Linas $4.6M on the open market? My guess is no. So why would they trade an expiring contract for him?
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

me too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information