Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Post at 'The Fan Hub': Pistons might be after Calderon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Post at 'The Fan Hub': Pistons might be after Calderon?

A post at the popular web outlet suggests that the Pistons should pursue Jose Calderon, and offer Corey Maggette and Austin Daye in return. I certainly, for one, hope that Colangelo is not contemplating such a move.

Having said that, a deal that would center around Kleiza/Pietrus for Maggette might make sense for us, giving Maggette a chance to make another run at his carreer, and bringing to Toronto that coveted explosive wing player who is not afraid to penetrate to basket. Bring the discussion on.

http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/90...-Jose-Calderon

I don't think Maggette at this stage of his career is any better than what Fields/Anderson/Ross provides.

At the end of the day, he's a $10 million expiring contract, just like Calderon. Inconsequential move, IMO.

Comment

No to Maggette. No fit for the future and too old. Rather keep Calderon and play Ross.

No to Daye. Another mediocre to below average wing.

Can't trade Pietrus until March 1st.... after trade deadline..... and he is a vet min, expiring anyways.

Pistons can't trade a 1st round pick so they have nothing I'd want outside of Monroe or Drummond.

Would they take on Kleiza? That would be incentive but not enough. Their 2nd round pick and Kleiza? Hmmmm, maybe, but it would be a no other options trade on February 21st.

Comment

database_666 wrote: View Post
        A post at the popular web outlet suggests that the Pistons should pursue Jose Calderon, and offer Corey Maggette and Austin Daye in return. I certainly, for one, hope that Colangelo is not contemplating such a move.

Having said that, a deal that would center around Kleiza/Pietrus for Maggette might make sense for us, giving Maggette a chance to make another run at his carreer, and bringing to Toronto that coveted explosive wing player who is not afraid to penetrate to basket. Bring the discussion on.

http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/90...-Jose-Calderon
        I didn't think it was possible to call Magette "explosive" anymore with a straight face. Perhaps you are a Pistons spy?

Magette is an expiring deal, moving Jose for him gains us nothing really. Daye is an interesting prospect but I'm not sure that it is the best fit.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If they took Kleiza off the Raps' hands and added a 2nd rounder I'd consider it. That's a whole lot of cap room.

Like this! http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b8ejhkz

But Pistons already have 3 guys that can play PG sooooo...
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
            If they took Kleiza off the Raps' hands and added a 2nd rounder I'd consider it. That's a whole lot of cap room.

Like this! http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b8ejhkz

But Pistons already have 3 guys that can play PG sooooo...
            None are of the pass first variety.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              No to Maggette. No fit for the future and too old. Rather keep Calderon and play Ross.

No to Daye. Another mediocre to below average wing.

Can't trade Pietrus until March 1st.... after trade deadline..... and he is a vet min, expiring anyways.

Pistons can't trade a 1st round pick so they have nothing I'd want outside of Monroe or Drummond.

Would they take on Kleiza? That would be incentive but not enough. Their 2nd round pick and Kleiza? Hmmmm, maybe, but it would be a no other options trade on February 21st.
              Not having a 1st round pick to trade would make this a deal breaker to me. Trading Jose's expiring for other expiring contracts is a waste of time.

That said there could be one other way to make it work - the deal includes Detroit taking Bargnani

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                Not having a 1st round pick to trade would make this a deal breaker to me. Trading Jose's expiring for other expiring contracts is a waste of time.

That said there could be one other way to make it work - the deal includes Detroit taking Bargnani
                They already have a deadweight-3pt-chucking PF, don't they? .... who is also a former Raptor.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I don't think Maggette at this stage of his career is any better than what Fields/Anderson/Ross provides.

At the end of the day, he's a $10 million expiring contract, just like Calderon. Inconsequential move, IMO.
                  agreed

Comment

Taking kleiza off our hands is a dumb thought. If we want him gone we can amnesty

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                      Taking kleiza off our hands is a dumb thought. If we want him gone we can amnesty
                      That is a good point.

Comment

That is a good point.
                        Could we amnesty someone else then, if Kleiza's off the books?
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                          Could we amnesty someone else then, if Kleiza's off the books?
                          Bargnani or Amir would be the only 2 to qualify.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                            Ami I wrong but you still have to pay the $4 mil. And $4mil is $4mil (insightful I know).
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Bargnani or Amir would be the only 2 to qualify.
                              I'm pretty sure we can amnesty Colangelo; it's just called different.

Comment

Working...
                              X