Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Post at 'The Fan Hub': Pistons might be after Calderon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can definitely see the Pistons being interested, but don't see what they could offer that would get a deal done, and Maggette/Daye are worth crap all.

If Pistons really want Jose they'll probably have to offer a pick(maybe 1st and 2nd rder?) and get another team involved. And it makes a lot of sense to some degree, especially if they're going to target him as a FA. They need a pass-first PG as Knight develops. It would help the bigs development, and maybe even let Knight play some off the ball, because he's actually got decent size and wingspan. I really can't see a player on their team I'd want (that'd realistically be available) though.

Comment

I would trade Bargnani for Maggette straight up
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

database_666 wrote: View Post
        A post at the popular web outlet suggests that the Pistons should pursue Jose Calderon, and offer Corey Maggette and Austin Daye in return. I certainly, for one, hope that Colangelo is not contemplating such a move.

Having said that, a deal that would center around Kleiza/Pietrus for Maggette might make sense for us, giving Maggette a chance to make another run at his carreer, and bringing to Toronto that coveted explosive wing player who is not afraid to penetrate to basket. Bring the discussion on.

http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/90...-Jose-Calderon
        LOL Daye and Maggette for Jose?

First of all Daye is the complete definition of scrub. Why would the Raps trade for him?

Second, Maggette is old and is not really that much better than what we have in the 3 position. So again, why would the Raps trade for him?

I rather keep Jose.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          They already have a deadweight-3pt-chucking PF, don't they? .... who is also a former Raptor.
          Hahahahah. Bang on!

Comment

database_666 wrote: View Post
            A post at the popular web outlet suggests that the Pistons should pursue Jose Calderon, and offer Corey Maggette and Austin Daye in return. I certainly, for one, hope that Colangelo is not contemplating such a move.

Having said that, a deal that would center around Kleiza/Pietrus for Maggette might make sense for us, giving Maggette a chance to make another run at his carreer, and bringing to Toronto that coveted explosive wing player who is not afraid to penetrate to basket. Bring the discussion on.

http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/90...-Jose-Calderon
            I could see this happening, lawrence frank was gushing over jose the last time we played the pistons. daye intrigues me but no way do i want maggette.
            "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

There's no suggestion that the "Pistons might be after Calderon". It's just someone on a fan site dreaming, like Lakers' fans always dream that they can get pieces they need with their scrubs, that the Raps are eager to help their team out.

IMO, the only way Jose gets traded is if a PG for a legit contender goes down and they're willing to let go of a good young prospect, or promising draft pick, for his rental. Otherwise his expiring is highly unlikely to fetch anything worth the Raptors sending him packing with less chance of re-signing him in the summer at ba reasonable price, which could be important. Unless Lowry picks up his TEAM game in a big way, we need Jose for the development of the young guys.

Comment

If they're talking Jose, BC needs to start talking Kyle Singler.
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Can't think of anyone I'd want...maybe Prince, but he's pretty old!

Comment

Would never happen but I'd do a Jose and Anderson for Knight and Prince any day. Anderson out would mean more minutes for Ross and Kleiza would get amnestied in the summer. Wings of DD, Ross, Fields and Prince are okay with me.

Comment

Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
                      Can't think of anyone I'd want...maybe Prince, but he's pretty old!
                      He is getting up there but we could use a veteran presence and he can still defend, rebound and hit open shots.

Monroe, Knight, Drummond, Singler would all be worth a look outside of Prince but doubtful these 4 would be available.

Comment

Just an awful, awful trade

Comment

which one?
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

That is a good point.
                            So you would rather pay Kleiza to go away than get an asset or expiring contract in return? What sense does that make?

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
                              So you would rather pay Kleiza to go away than get an asset or expiring contract in return? What sense does that make?
                              It depends on what the asset is and what else you have to give up in return. Personally, I think Calderon should yield more than an old expiring (Maggette), a worthless expiring (Daye), $4.6M in cap space, and a possible 2nd round pick.

If Calderon can't yield anything more of value, then one has to wonder if it would be better to just hold on to Calderon to win as many games as possible and amnesty Kleiza and getting that $4.6M in cap space.

Comment

It depends on what the asset is and what else you have to give up in return. Personally, I think Calderon should yield more than an old expiring (Maggette), a worthless expiring (Daye), $4.6M in cap space, and a possible 2nd round pick.

If Calderon can't yield anything more of value, then one has to wonder if it would be better to just hold on to Calderon to win as many games as possible and amnesty Kleiza and getting that $4.6M in cap space.
                                I suppose I meant that if we could get anything back for Kleiza specifically like an expiring deal etc. why would we just pay him to go away? I am in favour of keeping Jose, unless we can get something of real value. I believe he has proven his value to the team, but understand that he could be a nice trade piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X