Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowry on the Block?

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowry on the Block?

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm[

Apparently he hasn't gotten along well with players and has "extended his welcome"

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. On paper Lowry seemed like a perfect fit for a Casey system. Is it safe to say injuries are no longer the reason for his decline in play? I would hate for this team to give up on him and trade him (I think he is supremely talented and in the right situation, can be a great point guard), but if its not working its not working.

Post Thanks / Like

"league sources say the Raptors are far more amenable to trading Kyle Lowry, who has not made many friends in his new surroundings."

Says who? How does Mr. Berger know this? How does he know anything? I'm sure he's an avid Raptor watcher. *rolls eyes*

With all this drama in the T-D-O-T; it's kinda hard bein' Kyle Loooowry
    Last edited by Sig; Fri Jan 25th, 2013 at 09:53 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

a couple of weeks ago he was loving it and going on and on about how supportive etc etc things are...

I swear reporters are just trying to start fires at times I don;t see any ngative body language coming from him or towards him in games. If he is on the block its a push for some serious talent not because of an attitude thing.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. I hate wild speculations. I heard Manti Te'o's girlfriend was shacking up with Kyle too!
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think this guy has a clue what he's talking about. I'm no insider, but based on my experience watching every Raptors game this year I see nothing to support the claim that Lowry has worn out his welcome in any way.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't trust all these biased reports. Just a BS secondary source report in my opinion.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    "league sources say the Raptors are far more amenable to trading Kyle Lowry, who has not made many friends in his new surroundings."

Says who? How does Mr. Berger know this? How does he know anything? I'm sure he's an avid Raptor watcher. *rolls eyes*

With all this drama in the T-D-O-T; it's kinda hard bein' Kyle Loooowry
    +1. How do these people know all of this anyways?
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Rookie AlienOverlord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I do recall on more than one occasion Lowry at the free throw line extending his hands back for his teammates but they hand't come to give him five. Just seemed odd.
    Maybe he came in acting like the savior but while he was on the bench it turned out our lord and savior JC was there along just being humble and waiting for the chance he knew would come. Mighta taken the wind outa his sails a bit as we saw when he came back he wasn't playing the same.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

goddddddddd i hope nott

Post Thanks / Like

While I did think Lowry would be a good addition, I was never sold on him as our PG of the future, I would not mind if he got packaged and sent out of here. There are some sleeper PG's in the draft this year and I think a pick in the 15-20 range can get you a good one.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    While I did think Lowry would be a good addition, I was never sold on him as our PG of the future, I would not mind if he got packaged and sent out of here. There are some sleeper PG's in the draft this year and I think a pick in the 15-20 range can get you a good one.
    myck kabongo?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Marcus Smart is really giving the Chad Ford's and Jonathan Givony's wood of late. He is rising faster than a tent. Ford said when all said and done he thinks he'll be top 5.

Michael Carter-Williams is also rising fast at #8 on DraftExpress.com.

The guy I really like is Trey Burke and he is in that 15-20 range as of now.

Kabongo is looking early 2nd round but if he plays well, he is surely to rise when he returns.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim Chisholm Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm

The ‘Kyle Lowry is available’ stuff is both fascinating and not-entirely surprising. As talented as he is he has not meshed well in T.O.
    Tim Chisholm Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm

That said, we’re talking a small sample size and I’m not sure that Casey has done enough to help maximize Lowry’s strengths.

Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm

While Lowry may not get traded, rarely do Raps trade a piece that big w/o the possibility leaking in advance. So, take it for what you will.

The fact Lowry has not meshed well in Toronto is not a slight on Lowry but a slight on Colangelo and the roster. Guys need to be spoon fed except Alan Anderson who seems, despite a lack of great size, speed, or athleticism, can get his shot at will. Believe it or not, I don't think Lowry is perfect but he is still a very talented NBA basketball player.... the best PLAYER on this team.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My first reaction is to chuckle.... Colangelo couldn't possibly move one of his key accusitions this quickly?

Then I thought of:

Kapono - 2 seasons
    O'Neil - 0.5 season
    Marion - 0.5 season
    Hedo - 1 season
    Johnsons - 1.5 seasons

Then I thought there is no way he'd move someone he just gave up a pick for?

Then I thought of:

17th pick for O'neil
    O'neil for Marion + protected first rounder

30th pick for James Johnsons
    James Johnson for 2nd rounder

Then I thought there is no way he'd make a PG move without ensuring the position was secure as Jose could walk after this season?

Then I thought of:

2008/09 season with Will Solomon and Roko Ukic and Bosh 2010

Then I thought there is no way he'd.....

Then I remember the GM is BC. My last reaction was to cry.

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

After what just happened with the Leafs,(luongo trade talks) and Burke maybe his has nothing to do with what Colangelo wants and more to do with what MLSE (bells/rogers) wants.

I could see the MLSE wanting Bryan to make something like this happen. The money doesnt work but it could be worked out. This would bring in TONS of cash for the MLSE and the ACC would be constantly sold out.

Gasol + Nash

for

Lowry + Bargnani

The Lakers biggest problem is age. They need some fresh legs in there.

The raps could then Resign Calderon for a reasonable salary and then we have veteran, pass first PG's running our team. Works well for the system and gets our young guys going for the next few years.

Raps
    Gasol/ Valnciunas
    Davis/ A.Johnson
    Fields/ Anderson
    Derozan/ Ross
    Nash/ Calderon

Very even line up with a nice mix of veterans.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    After what just happened with the Leafs,(luongo trade talks) and Burke maybe his has nothing to do with what Colangelo wants and more to do with what MLSE (bells/rogers) wants.

I could see the MLSE wanting Bryan to make something like this happen. The money doesnt work but it could be worked out. This would bring in TONS of cash for the MLSE and the ACC would be constantly sold out.

Gasol + Nash

for

Lowry + Bargnani

The Lakers biggest problem is age. They need some fresh legs in there.

The raps could then Resign Calderon for a reasonable salary and then we have veteran, pass first PG's running our team. Works well for the system and gets our young guys going for the next few years.

Raps
    Gasol/ Valnciunas
    Davis/ A.Johnson
    Fields/ Anderson
    Derozan/ Ross
    Nash/ Calderon

Very even line up with a nice mix of veterans.
    I think you can completely forget about Jose resigning if he is yet again pushed into a back up role.

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno Calderon has lived in TO for 8 years now. He must have a lot of friends here at this point and could retire with this organization with some sort of a job coaching job immediately down the road. Plus his friend Gasol would be here.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The fact Lowry has not meshed well in Toronto is not a slight on Lowry but a slight on Colangelo and the roster. Guys need to be spoon fed except Alan Anderson who seems, despite a lack of great size, speed, or athleticism, can get his shot at will. Believe it or not, I don't think Lowry is perfect but he is still a very talented NBA basketball player.... the best PLAYER on this team.
    Very True. I think that whether or not people give any credibility to the rumours around Lowry, or generally what people have said about him, it is never a good sign to have this chatter surrounding a player (let alone your best player whom you just traded a pick for). Could anyone have guessed at the beginning of this year, Jose would be starting ahead of another point guard who originally had that starters spot? Crazy to think about how many times we have gone through this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    My first reaction is to chuckle.... Colangelo couldn't possibly move one of his key accusitions this quickly?

Then I thought of:

Kapono - 2 seasons
    O'Neil - 0.5 season
    Marion - 0.5 season
    Hedo - 1 season
    Johnsons - 1.5 seasons

Then I thought there is no way he'd move someone he just gave up a pick for?

Then I thought of:

17th pick for O'neil
    O'neil for Marion + protected first rounder

30th pick for James Johnsons
    James Johnson for 2nd rounder

Then I thought there is no way he'd make a PG move without ensuring the position was secure as Jose could walk after this season?

Then I thought of:

2008/09 season with Will Solomon and Roko Ukic and Bosh 2010

Then I thought there is no way he'd.....

Then I remember the GM is BC. My last reaction was to cry.
    lol - I'd cry too if I wasn't out of tears.

Don't forget about Fred Jones. That lasted about 3 months.
    Tim Leiweke

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information