Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry on the Block?

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm[

Apparently he hasn't gotten along well with players and has "extended his welcome"

Ugh. On paper Lowry seemed like a perfect fit for a Casey system. Is it safe to say injuries are no longer the reason for his decline in play? I would hate for this team to give up on him and trade him (I think he is supremely talented and in the right situation, can be a great point guard), but if its not working its not working.

Comment

"league sources say the Raptors are far more amenable to trading Kyle Lowry, who has not made many friends in his new surroundings."

Says who? How does Mr. Berger know this? How does he know anything? I'm sure he's an avid Raptor watcher. *rolls eyes*

With all this drama in the T-D-O-T; it's kinda hard bein' Kyle Loooowry
      Last edited by Sig; Fri Jan 25, 2013, 10:53 PM.

Comment

a couple of weeks ago he was loving it and going on and on about how supportive etc etc things are...

I swear reporters are just trying to start fires at times I don;t see any ngative body language coming from him or towards him in games. If he is on the block its a push for some serious talent not because of an attitude thing.

Comment

Ugh. I hate wild speculations. I heard Manti Te'o's girlfriend was shacking up with Kyle too!
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I don't think this guy has a clue what he's talking about. I'm no insider, but based on my experience watching every Raptors game this year I see nothing to support the claim that Lowry has worn out his welcome in any way.

Comment

You can't trust all these biased reports. Just a BS secondary source report in my opinion.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                "league sources say the Raptors are far more amenable to trading Kyle Lowry, who has not made many friends in his new surroundings."

Says who? How does Mr. Berger know this? How does he know anything? I'm sure he's an avid Raptor watcher. *rolls eyes*

With all this drama in the T-D-O-T; it's kinda hard bein' Kyle Loooowry
                +1. How do these people know all of this anyways?
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I do recall on more than one occasion Lowry at the free throw line extending his hands back for his teammates but they hand't come to give him five. Just seemed odd.
                  Maybe he came in acting like the savior but while he was on the bench it turned out our lord and savior JC was there along just being humble and waiting for the chance he knew would come. Mighta taken the wind outa his sails a bit as we saw when he came back he wasn't playing the same.

Comment

goddddddddd i hope nott

Comment

While I did think Lowry would be a good addition, I was never sold on him as our PG of the future, I would not mind if he got packaged and sent out of here. There are some sleeper PG's in the draft this year and I think a pick in the 15-20 range can get you a good one.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                        While I did think Lowry would be a good addition, I was never sold on him as our PG of the future, I would not mind if he got packaged and sent out of here. There are some sleeper PG's in the draft this year and I think a pick in the 15-20 range can get you a good one.
                        myck kabongo?

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          Marcus Smart is really giving the Chad Ford's and Jonathan Givony's wood of late. He is rising faster than a tent. Ford said when all said and done he thinks he'll be top 5.

Michael Carter-Williams is also rising fast at #8 on DraftExpress.com.

The guy I really like is Trey Burke and he is in that 15-20 range as of now.

Kabongo is looking early 2nd round but if he plays well, he is surely to rise when he returns.

Comment

Tim Chisholm Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm

The ‘Kyle Lowry is available’ stuff is both fascinating and not-entirely surprising. As talented as he is he has not meshed well in T.O.
                            Tim Chisholm Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm

That said, we’re talking a small sample size and I’m not sure that Casey has done enough to help maximize Lowry’s strengths.

Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm

While Lowry may not get traded, rarely do Raps trade a piece that big w/o the possibility leaking in advance. So, take it for what you will.

The fact Lowry has not meshed well in Toronto is not a slight on Lowry but a slight on Colangelo and the roster. Guys need to be spoon fed except Alan Anderson who seems, despite a lack of great size, speed, or athleticism, can get his shot at will. Believe it or not, I don't think Lowry is perfect but he is still a very talented NBA basketball player.... the best PLAYER on this team.

Comment

My first reaction is to chuckle.... Colangelo couldn't possibly move one of his key accusitions this quickly?

Then I thought of:

Kapono - 2 seasons
                              O'Neil - 0.5 season
                              Marion - 0.5 season
                              Hedo - 1 season
                              Johnsons - 1.5 seasons

Then I thought there is no way he'd move someone he just gave up a pick for?

Then I thought of:

17th pick for O'neil
                              O'neil for Marion + protected first rounder

30th pick for James Johnsons
                              James Johnson for 2nd rounder

Then I thought there is no way he'd make a PG move without ensuring the position was secure as Jose could walk after this season?

Then I thought of:

2008/09 season with Will Solomon and Roko Ukic and Bosh 2010

Then I thought there is no way he'd.....

Then I remember the GM is BC. My last reaction was to cry.

Comment

Working...
                              X