Rondo out for Season, Calderon In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rondo out for Season, Calderon In?

This has been discussed around these parts - that Calderon could be traded to a contender if their starting point guard goes down with an injury. Well, Rondo is out for the year. Now what? source
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

I look at Rondo's injury from different point. It's a increased chance to fight for playoffs. Now Rondo-less Celtics, Philly, Raptors and maybe Detroit are the teams fighting for 8-th playoff spot. We are trailing by 4.5 wins from Celtics (not counting their tonight's game vs Heat) who are at 8 position. With Andrea Bargnani and Jonas Valanciunas coming back soon (1-2 weeks) we are even more competitive.
    From the trade perspective i don't see anything they could give us for Jose... Jeff Green with his big, long contract? No, thank you...
    Last edited by japetas; Sun Jan 27, 2013, 04:15 PM.
    (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Long time reader, first time poster.

Maybe a Kleiza+Lowry for Green+a pick trade? Or Calderon for green+a pick? With rondo out, the celtics need a filler pg, and we do have two point guards that are expandable so... Plus, green has two more years after this one, which isn't bad, and even if he doesn't work out, that's easily a tradeable contract.

Comment

Maybe we should trade FOR rondo. Grab him, let him rehab next season, tank for Wiggins, and have a solid setup for the 2014-15 season.

Comment

The conundrum however is that why would we give an Eastern conference foe a boost (and they happen to sit precariously at the 8th spot)? As much as I want Calderon to be turned into a valuable asset, would you trade to help a foe maintain their 8th spot position?
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

serbiantiger8 wrote: View Post
            Long time reader, first time poster.

Maybe a Kleiza+Lowry for Green+a pick trade?
            Man, you're reading my minds, i just said that to my brother
            (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Working...
            X