Your move Colangelo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I am not doubting his bravado warrior status... the in the moment, pain and shit is real warrior.

I am talking about the dedication and boring grind of rehabilitation. Again, I could be wrong and it is speculation on my part.
    I disagree. He looked so torn about not being able to play and after he said he'd work his ass off and be back in 2 weeks. Lol don't expect that but I wouldn't question his drive to make a quick return from this injury. He's no andrew Bynum.

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
      So you prefer to waste the chance to make playoffs this year, and then tank next year too? If we not gonna tank next year, may end up with 8-13 pick again to draft another average talent, or make playoffs at 6-8th seed... I don't like this scenario, just try to win, enough of mid-late lottery picks
      I want to win too, but it wouldn't be a genuine achievement if they happen to make it in my opinion. I really believe that the best thing for the Raptors to do right now is to trade away every player that isn't in the plan for the future, and start all over again through the draft; hoping to net a player like Wiggins. Unfortunately free agency is not an option for us.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
        I disagree. He looked so torn about not being able to play and after he said he'd work his ass off and be back in 2 weeks. Lol don't expect that but I wouldn't question his drive to make a quick return from this injury. He's no andrew Bynum.
        Fair enough. I said I could be wrong initially and I most likely am.

I just doubt your motives for your opinion. It is not being biased by any Fantasy League is it?

Comment

Making a move is fine, but only moves that need to be made. Toronto is not in a position as an organization where they should be making a big move to squeak into the playoffs. We do need to make deals, but only to take advantage of Jose's value, and to rid ourselves of Bargs. Of course that could mean moving other pieces and uncertainty in terms of what we get back, but we definitely shouldn't throw around our assets just to get Gay, or Granger. If we end up making such a deal, it is BC trying to save his job by making the playoffs, not do what's in the best long-term interest of the team.

Comment

Does anyone see what's going on with Chicago? They're a terrific defensive team, and that's also Boston's calling card. Without Rondo - like Rose for Chicago - the team won't be able to function completely, or properly, but with their already set core (KG, Pierce, Terry, Sullinger, Bradley) they can still do well, because of their defensive mind-set, and team play. Just not as well if they had Rondo.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I would take....

Pill wrote: View Post
              I dont want anyone on Bostons roster in return. There would have to be a 3rd party.
              I would take a Avery Bradley in a heartbeat! Rumour is that we loved him when he worked out for us in the draft AND he would instantly become our best guard defender.

He would fit Casey's system perfectly and has improved a lot since coming into the league in 2010.

However, I doubt the Celtics give him up.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                I would take a Avery Bradley in a heartbeat! Rumour is that we loved him when he worked out for us in the draft AND he would instantly become our best guard defender.

He would fit Casey's system perfectly and has improved a lot since coming into the league in 2010.

However, I doubt the Celtics give him up.
                Unless it's Kyle Lowry. Kyle Lowry would be huge for them, especially when Rondo returns from rehabilitation. Lowry WILL take a back-seat to Rondo more than he would to Calderon. Plus, if traded for Bradley, no one would take the spot.

Comment

Fair enough. I said I could be wrong initially and I most likely am.

I just doubt your motives for your opinion. It is not being biased by any Fantasy League is it?
                  Shhhhh I'm trying to sell him high.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
                    I dont want anyone on Bostons roster in return. There would have to be a 3rd party.
                    I'd take sullinger in a minute or Bradley if they are desperate for Jose.

but I think this will start a fire sale in Boston. garnett Pierce anyone could be traded for picks now. they have this year and next at least to wait for Rondo to get back so I think ainge will unload. I also think this allows doc to get out too.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      I'd take sullinger in a minute or Bradley if they are desperate for Jose.

but I think this will start a fire sale in Boston. garnett Pierce anyone could be traded for picks now. they have this year and next at least to wait for Rondo to get back so I think ainge will unload. I also think this allows doc to get out too.
                      Yeah unfortunately, this might be the final year for Doc, Garnett, & Pierce in Boston. Although, I would love to see Pierce retire a Celtic. Not to mention, Rivers is one of the best coaches of this generation, he will get a job somewhere quickly, if not, he'll be back at TNT.

If they build around Rondo, adding their already young pieces in Bradley (assuming doesn't get traded) and Sullinger, they are at a nice start.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        Yeah unfortunately, this might be the final year for Doc, Garnett, & Pierce in Boston. Although, I would love to see Pierce retire a Celtic. Not to mention, Rivers is one of the best coaches of this generation, he will get a job somewhere quickly, if not, he'll be back at TNT.

If they build around Rondo, adding their already young pieces in Bradley (assuming doesn't get traded) and Sullinger, they are at a nice start.
                        Doc signed a 5-year extension last year. He's probably not going anywhere, he even said he couldn't imagine coaching another team.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                          Doc signed a 5-year extension last year. He's probably not going anywhere, he even said he couldn't imagine coaching another team.
                          We'll see what happens, I seriously hope you're right though. Great coach, in a great franchise. Would be a great coach for the young guys coming in, he's a terrific teacher.

Comment

Man, that is crazy.

What is with the rash of ACL injuries? Is it just me or have there been a lot of them in the last year? Or is the number the same just higher profile players?
                            Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... maybe these new fangle'd shoes aren't as good as they say they are?

Sig wrote: View Post
                            Wouldn't the smarter move be to just miss the playoffs instead of trading our assets away to make a hopeless playoff run?

What's the point of making the 8th seed with this team? To temporarily please the fans? I don't know, the smart thing to do would be to finish 9th in the East to give our late lottery pick to OKC, so we can keep ours next year in a much better draft.
                            I don't know, I'd like to see the raps make the playoffs and there's no guarantee that whoever we draft works out. Obiviously you don't trade JV or Ross, but pretty much everyone else has a price (even my beloved Amir) if you get something good that helps us make the playoffs this year, plus addresses a position of need moving forward, why wouldn't we do it?

The injury to Rondo changes everything, since our playoff odds just shoot up from nearly zero to 20-30% depending on how far boston falls, and whether you think we can finish ahead of philly and cleveland (which I think we can).

Personally, I want to see what coangelo can do, and I'm also looking forward to seeing bargs come off the bench, and the return of JV. You HAVE to give mad props to Davis and Amir for playing as well as they have with the minutes they've had to play.

The real questions is what does Boston want to do? Are they interested in making the playoffs still? Without Rondo I can't see them making it out of the first round. I'm wary of trading calderon to boston, if that helps them stay ahead of us in the standings.

The injury to Rondo changes everything, since our playoff odds just shoot up from nearly zero to 20-30% depending on how far boston falls, and whether you think we can finish ahead of philly and cleveland (which I think we can).

Personally, I want to see what coangelo can do, and I'm also looking forward to seeing bargs come off the bench, and the return of JV. You HAVE to give mad props to Davis and Amir for playing as well as they have with the minutes they've played.

If boston, a few more games because Rondo's not around, that 8th seed is up for grabs. I think the team we have with either JV or bargs returned to the line up has a real shot of sneaking into the playoffs even without a trade. That said, I also think we have pieces that can easily be used in a trade should something good come up, whether the trading partner happens to be boston and/or others.
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              Agreed. Ainge has considered blowing it up before and will likely do so now since his best asset is out long-term. Perhaps Boston would want Jose as an expiring deal but I don't know what they have to match salary. Boston would be best suited to sell off and plan for 2 years from now as being competitive. Rondo will be healthy by then and they will have, in theory, re-stocked.

I don't see Doc going anywhere.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If rebuilding isn't the avenue the Raptors are going to go I wouldn't mind seeing them trade Jose, DeMar and Kleiza to Indiana for Granger (provided he's healthy), Hill and maybe a pick if we can get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X