Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rondo done for the season. Do celtics call for Calderon?

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rondo done for the season. Do celtics call for Calderon?

Rajan Rondo out for the season. I think they have to call Toronto for Jose. Perfect situation rent out Calderon for a year. Than they have extra cap for this summer. I would take a Jeff Green/ Avery Bradley package.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Are Bargnani and DeRozan not enough $9-10M deals for flawed talent?

No thank you to Jeff Green.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Ken Berger: A bit premature, but rival execs speculating Rondo injury will compel Boston to look seriously at moving Paul Pierce before deadline. Twitter @KBergCBS

Ken Berger: With only $4M guaranteed next year, Pierce could keep a team like Memphis in hunt and solve their future payroll logjam at the same time. Twitter @KBergCBS
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ya i dont want green niether..Bradley is a start but with little use for another SG in a PG body i dont see BC being overly interested in a package built around bradley

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

If Boston wants to trade for Calderon to make another run this year, they won't trade Green even if we'd want him (which we don't). He's their best bet at defending Lebron.

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Rajan Rondo out for the season. I think they have to call Toronto for Jose. Perfect situation rent out Calderon for a year. Than they have extra cap for this summer. I would take a Jeff Green/ Avery Bradley package.
    I like Jeff Green, I would do a calderon for green trade. He has got great size at the SF position, he defends, and rebounds well, he can shoot the three. Might solve our problems at that position.
    "Defense wins championships."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    I like Jeff Green, I would do a calderon for green trade. He has got great size at the SF position, he defends, and rebounds well, he can shoot the three. Might solve our problems at that position.
    I agree I feel like he would be an upgrade over Landry Fields. If they throw in a draft pick as well would be great.

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeff Green dunking in last nights game against the heat:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ainst-the-heat
    "Defense wins championships."

Post Thanks / Like

Works on paper and your throw in a pick.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm...the Celtics won't try to salvage their season. THey were underachieving and just lost their best player. If they start making trades, they will blow it up. THey may call for Calderon to get his expiring contract, but they will also be tanking. I don't buy for a second that Ainge will try to keep this group together. Ainge is a dick, he'll blow up the team with no hesitation. He may hang on to KG since he gets along well with Rondo, but everyone else will be thrown away to tank for the season.

Post Thanks / Like

I also like Green, but I just don't see the point of getting him if we have Fields, Demar and Ross expected to eat a lot of minutes at the wing, and Ed, Bargs (until we can be rid of him), and Acy eating any and all PF minutes. He could certainly outplay Fields, but to have to pay them a combined 15+ million and neither be really that special....that's utterly terrible roster management.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

What about this as an option......Memphis will save money plus get Pierce for a big push to try and win something this year , Boston gets a PG for the remainder of the year plus a SF , we finally get Gay

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ap8e8se

add to that a trade to move Bargnani to Denver and we have a real different looking team

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ajp2een

Lowry / Lucas/ (sign some 10 day contracts)
    DeRozan / Ross / Anderson
    Gay/ Chandler / Kleiza / Acy
    Davis / Amir / Randolph
    Valanciunas / Mozgov / Gray
    Last edited by GoHuskies; Sun Jan 27th, 2013 at 05:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

@MySportsLegion: Celtics could look to the Raptors and trade for either Jose Calderon or Kyle Lowry to make one last run with KG/Pierce. (via CBSSports)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    @MySportsLegion: Celtics could look to the Raptors and trade for either Jose Calderon or Kyle Lowry to make one last run with KG/Pierce. (via CBSSports)
    I just don't buy it. That would be a strange move to make. They're struggling with Rondo, maybe the best pure PG in the league other than Paul, and Lowry/Jose are clearly not at that level. The time of this core is done, and that's why Ray Allen left. If Rondo is their franchise player moving forward, the only guy I see them keeping is KG to anchor the frontcourt and because he has a solid relationship with Rondo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I just don't buy it. That would be a strange move to make. They're struggling with Rondo, maybe the best pure PG in the league other than Paul, and Lowry/Jose are clearly not at that level. The time of this core is done, and that's why Ray Allen left. If Rondo is their franchise player moving forward, the only guy I see them keeping is KG to anchor the frontcourt and because he has a solid relationship with Rondo.
    Not to mention the C's have nothing that helps Toronto. They have a load of average talent on $5+M contracts. Bradley is a 6'2" SG. Sullinger is another PF. The only asset they have is their pick which is likely to be 15.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Not to mention the C's have nothing that helps Toronto. They have a load of average talent on $5+M contracts. Bradley is a 6'2" SG. Sullinger is another PF. The only asset they have is their pick which is likely to be 15.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were hoping to have at least one more good season, in which case a lot of the average talent on such deals would maybe look ok in a couple of seasons, when they're closer to expiring, and again, if the C's had continued to play well for a season or two, so they at least look like average talent that helps a team win. If a guy looks like a "winner" teams will definitely pay the extra mill or two hoping he has that intangible kind of impact. But no one on the Celtics looks like that right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GoHuskies wrote: View Post
    What about this as an option......Memphis will save money plus get Pierce for a big push to try and win something this year , Boston gets a PG for the remainder of the year plus a SF , we finally get Gay

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ap8e8se

add to that a trade to move Bargnani to Denver and we have a real different looking team

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ajp2een

Lowry / Lucas/ (sign some 10 day contracts)
    DeRozan / Ross / Anderson
    Gay/ Chandler / Kleiza / Acy
    Davis / Amir / Randolph
    Valanciunas / Mozgov / Gray
    good lord... Gay AND Chandler? I'm afraid your severe optimism might become so extreme that you'd need some medical attention haha

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    100% agree.

If they look to add a guy like Calderon for one last run then a 3rd team would have to get involved unless BC stupidly takes on Green's contract and puts a huge stranglehold on the team's finances going forward. Consider the total salary next year for Bargs, DeRozan, Green, Amir and Fields (all of whom would have at least 2 more years on their deals after this one): roughly 41 million. Not exactly how I'd want my ledger to look if I'm BC trying to convince the team to extend my contract.

That being said, I think a 3-team trade has potential because Toronto has two assets that the Celts would probably love: one of Calderon and Lowry, and Alan Anderson. Anderson makes Courtney Lee instantly expendable, and if you packaged Lee with something like Sullinger and/or the Celts' pick, you just might find a team willing to take them on and something useful to send to the Raps. Kinda doubt it though.

I have a feeling the more Danny Ainge looks at his team's roster, the more likely he is to blow it up.

Post Thanks / Like

CBSSports reported they [Boston] called Toronto for EITHER Kyle Lowry or Jose Calderon.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b39em5b

I would trade Kyle Lowry + Quincy Acy + 2nd Rounders for Avery Bradley + Courtney Lee + 1st Round Pick.

Avery Bradley is PERFECT for Coach Casey. Defensive point guard, aggressive, can hit the outside shot, athletic, but knows how to get the team involved.
    Courtney Lee gives us another solid wing. I doubt he would take many minutes off of Ross. Derozan, Anderson, Fields capable playing the 3, play Ross or Lee at the 2.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information