Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rondo done for the season. Do celtics call for Calderon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rondo done for the season. Do celtics call for Calderon?

Rajan Rondo out for the season. I think they have to call Toronto for Jose. Perfect situation rent out Calderon for a year. Than they have extra cap for this summer. I would take a Jeff Green/ Avery Bradley package.
    @Chr1st1anL

Are Bargnani and DeRozan not enough $9-10M deals for flawed talent?

No thank you to Jeff Green.

Comment

Ken Berger: A bit premature, but rival execs speculating Rondo injury will compel Boston to look seriously at moving Paul Pierce before deadline. Twitter @KBergCBS

Ken Berger: With only $4M guaranteed next year, Pierce could keep a team like Memphis in hunt and solve their future payroll logjam at the same time. Twitter @KBergCBS

Comment

ya i dont want green niether..Bradley is a start but with little use for another SG in a PG body i dont see BC being overly interested in a package built around bradley

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aagp6au

Comment

If Boston wants to trade for Calderon to make another run this year, they won't trade Green even if we'd want him (which we don't). He's their best bet at defending Lebron.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Rajan Rondo out for the season. I think they have to call Toronto for Jose. Perfect situation rent out Calderon for a year. Than they have extra cap for this summer. I would take a Jeff Green/ Avery Bradley package.
              I like Jeff Green, I would do a calderon for green trade. He has got great size at the SF position, he defends, and rebounds well, he can shoot the three. Might solve our problems at that position.
              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                I like Jeff Green, I would do a calderon for green trade. He has got great size at the SF position, he defends, and rebounds well, he can shoot the three. Might solve our problems at that position.
                I agree I feel like he would be an upgrade over Landry Fields. If they throw in a draft pick as well would be great.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Jeff Green dunking in last nights game against the heat:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ainst-the-heat
                  "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Works on paper and your throw in a pick.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Umm...the Celtics won't try to salvage their season. THey were underachieving and just lost their best player. If they start making trades, they will blow it up. THey may call for Calderon to get his expiring contract, but they will also be tanking. I don't buy for a second that Ainge will try to keep this group together. Ainge is a dick, he'll blow up the team with no hesitation. He may hang on to KG since he gets along well with Rondo, but everyone else will be thrown away to tank for the season.

Comment

I also like Green, but I just don't see the point of getting him if we have Fields, Demar and Ross expected to eat a lot of minutes at the wing, and Ed, Bargs (until we can be rid of him), and Acy eating any and all PF minutes. He could certainly outplay Fields, but to have to pay them a combined 15+ million and neither be really that special....that's utterly terrible roster management.

Comment

What about this as an option......Memphis will save money plus get Pierce for a big push to try and win something this year , Boston gets a PG for the remainder of the year plus a SF , we finally get Gay

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ap8e8se

add to that a trade to move Bargnani to Denver and we have a real different looking team

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ajp2een

Lowry / Lucas/ (sign some 10 day contracts)
                          DeRozan / Ross / Anderson
                          Gay/ Chandler / Kleiza / Acy
                          Davis / Amir / Randolph
                          Valanciunas / Mozgov / Gray
                          Last edited by GoHuskies; Sun Jan 27, 2013, 06:54 PM.

Comment

@MySportsLegion: Celtics could look to the Raptors and trade for either Jose Calderon or Kyle Lowry to make one last run with KG/Pierce. (via CBSSports)
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              @MySportsLegion: Celtics could look to the Raptors and trade for either Jose Calderon or Kyle Lowry to make one last run with KG/Pierce. (via CBSSports)
                              I just don't buy it. That would be a strange move to make. They're struggling with Rondo, maybe the best pure PG in the league other than Paul, and Lowry/Jose are clearly not at that level. The time of this core is done, and that's why Ray Allen left. If Rondo is their franchise player moving forward, the only guy I see them keeping is KG to anchor the frontcourt and because he has a solid relationship with Rondo.

Comment

Working...
                              X