Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rondo done for the season. Do celtics call for Calderon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're not getting Rondo.

Comment

lowry for Bradley melo and sully. Yes please. then get bargnani and Jose gone and hope for one of those protected top picks.

Comment

Wow, I must be very high on Bradley..

Well, honestly, I am.. Anyways, I just hope we figure out who our damn point guard is. We've had Calderon for all his 8 seasons, and we're still trying to argue about the future of the position, while we've been discussing about the point guard future since Ford days....
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          We aren't going to get that by trading with the pieces we have. We don't have anyone worth the 'greatness' you speak of. Better to build a team capable of getting better every passing year, and allowing us to draft/sign for that very player.

I would still love to have Bradley. The dude can play point guard.
          Getting better every year is not going to allow the Raps to draft that player.

We aren't going to get better trading with the pieces we have so lets just add more cap clogging mediocre players. Add Courtney Lee in to the mix and what is the minute distribution going to look like for AA, TR, DD, LF, and CL?

This is not the way to get better. This is the way to get stuck.

Comment

I don't understand the fascination people have of Courtney Lee. One of the most overrated players on the Celtics, and they have a lot of such players. Can we at least pick someone who isn't on an insanely long contract who plays the same position as another insanely huge contract that we already have?
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

You know what sucks, speculation and all, we could lose Lowry and get stuck with DeMar. Sigh. F You BC!!!
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Btw, as much as I've enjoyed playing devil's advocate against Lowry this season, if he goes to Boston he'll absolutely light it up. I won't regret losing him if we can get good value in the trade but he's going to make 40% of this board regret wanting to trade him and the other 60% will be saying I told you so.

The reason being is that I just don't think Rondo is that good to begin with -- the system they run allows for the point guard to put up insane numbers. Without being a particularly great playmaker, Lowry could easily average 9-10 assists for the Celtics. Kind of like a few years ago when Darren Collison looked so great in the Hornets' system whilst Chris Paul was out with an injury.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                  Btw, as much as I've enjoyed playing devil's advocate against Lowry this season, if he goes to Boston he'll absolutely light it up. I won't regret losing him if we can get good value in the trade but he's going to make 40% of this board regret wanting to trade him and the other 60% will be saying I told you so.

The reason being is that I just don't think Rondo is that good to begin with -- the system they run allows for the point guard to put up insane numbers. Without being a particularly great playmaker, Lowry could easily average 9-10 assists for the Celtics. Kind of like a few years ago when Darren Collison looked so great in the Hornets' system whilst Chris Paul was out with an injury.
                  i disagree about the Rondo part...without Rondo.. KG & PP would be retired already or at the very least traded...Rondo is the engine on that team now..& he is a very good playmaker..excellent actually. makes some highlight real passes, first PG since stockton to get 10 or more assists 30+ games in a row...he also set the record for most assists(24) while recording a triple double....& hes a triple double machine!
                  Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Mon Jan 28, 2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Ken Berger: A bit premature, but rival execs speculating Rondo injury will compel Boston to look seriously at moving Paul Pierce before deadline. Twitter @KBergCBS

Ken Berger: With only $4M guaranteed next year, Pierce could keep a team like Memphis in hunt and solve their future payroll logjam at the same time. Twitter @KBergCBS
                    Loyalty at its finest.

I know people are going to say its a business, no such thing as loyalty, blah blah blah.

But i think some players are exempt, particularly those ones who made a big difference to the franchise, sure fire hall of famers and those who are lifers at the same time, i.e. Pierce, Kobe, Dirk
                    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Jan 28, 2013, 12:04 PM.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      Marc Stein: Sense I get is it's far likelier Celts pursue Kyle Lowry and his cap-friendly contract. But do Celts have assets to land Raps PG? We'll see

Just my opinion but how about a 3 way trade between Boston, TO and Memphis?

Memphis gets Green + draft picks
                      Boston gets Lowry
                      TO gets Gay
                      Big, big, big (how many more big am i allowed to say??) if they trade Lowry ahead of Calderon.

The guy is clearly trying to incorporate "more passing" into his game. But im not really sure why management or the fanbase want him to pass more. He still passes, doesnt mean he has less assists that he doesnt pass as a PG, i mean look at Kyrie, the guy is only averaging 6 or 7 asts per game and yet everybody is still happy with his play.

If its true that the Raps are trading Lowry ahead of Calderon then the PG controversy will never ever go away.

Comment

my biggest fear with trading lowry is that Jose no longer feels the pressure & becomes the Jose we keep trying to replace! i mean he always plays better when in a platoon type situation & fighting for starters role!.. also if we trade Lowry it BETTER be for a good return because it might just come back to bite us in the end.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                          Loyalty at its finest.

I know people are going to say its a business, no such thing as loyalty, blah blah blah.

But i think some players are exempt, particularly those ones who made a big difference to the franchise, sure fire hall of famers and those who are lifers at the same time, i.e. Pierce, Kobe, Dirk
                          I'm pretty sure Pierce has a no trade clause in his contract. So he'll only be traded if he agrees to it; he's got the loyalty thing covered.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            I'm pretty sure Pierce has a no trade clause in his contract. So he'll only be traded if he agrees to it; he's got the loyalty thing covered.
                            Nope. Only Duncan, KG, Dirk and Kobe have the no-trade clause.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                              my biggest fear with trading lowry is that Jose no longer feels the pressure & becomes the Jose we keep trying to replace! i mean he always plays better when in a platoon type situation & fighting for starters role!.. also if we trade Lowry it BETTER be for a good return because it might just come back to bite us in the end.
                              "Aggressive Jose" or "Jose we keep trying to trade", still not "Jose as a future PG" IMO.

Comment

If Rondo ended up here I would find a new team in that moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X