Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: Terrence Ross VS DeMar DeRozan

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Terrence Ross VS DeMar DeRozan

    Midway through the season, compare Terrence Ross rookie stats versus DeMar DeRozan's rookie stats

    Rookie Campaign

    Ross
    7.1ppg
    2.2rpg
    0.8apg

    DeRozan
    8.6ppg
    2.9rpg
    0.7apg

    Both have quite similar stats, both play the guard spot while neither is a 3 that can guard big elite 3 like Lebron, Carmello, Gay, or Granger, one is a slasher (DeRozan), one is a streaky shooter (Ross). Personally, I think Ross will have a higher ceiling, given time, he could turn to a Ray Allen or Reggie Miller but plays with defense, let's just hope Ross won't hit the rookie wall in his sophomore season but who knows. When Ross plays more than 20min per game, he's contributing at a higher EFF than DeRozan in his rookie campaign so obviously, there is the ceiling, and it seems he's a lot more coachable, less frustrated, more of a calm player than DeRozan. Although, I wish both will stay with the Raptors while perhaps in a few years, these two can make some noise in the league.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Midway through the season, compare Terrence Ross rookie stats versus DeMar DeRozan's rookie stats

    Rookie Campaign

    Ross
    7.1ppg
    2.2rpg
    0.8apg

    DeRozan
    8.6ppg
    2.9rpg
    0.7apg

    Both have quite similar stats, both play the guard spot while neither is a 3 that can guard big elite 3 like Lebron, Carmello, Gay, or Granger, one is a slasher (DeRozan), one is a streaky shooter (Ross). Personally, I think Ross will have a higher ceiling, given time, he could turn to a Ray Allen or Reggie Miller but plays with defense, let's just hope Ross won't hit the rookie wall in his sophomore season but who knows. When Ross plays more than 20min per game, he's contributing at a higher EFF than DeRozan in his rookie campaign so obviously, there is the ceiling, and it seems he's a lot more coachable, less frustrated, more of a calm player than DeRozan. Although, I wish both will stay with the Raptors while perhaps in a few years, these two can make some noise in the league.
    wouldn't that be a sophomore wall?

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    905
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DD played more mins than TR in his rook going hence the lil different in stats

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    DD played more mins than TR in his rook going hence the lil different in stats
    exactly.. DD has been a starter since day 1... T.Ross is already better in my opinion

  5. #5
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    DD played more mins than TR in his rook going hence the lil different in stats

    do we have that stat somewhere?

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ross
    7.1ppg
    2.2rpg
    0.8apg
    17.7mpg

    DeRozan
    8.6ppg
    2.9rpg
    0.7apg
    21.6mpg

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i don't know what to expect from derozan down the line. hes been given a few more minutes every season but production hasn't really changed at all. i'm hoping he reaches at least 20ppg by the end of this season, just so i can have a piece of mind that theres actually some growth happening.

    i get that the casey strat is to share the ball which might mitigate his numbers, but we still have to depend on a reliable scorer to actually win games and i really hope derozan fills that role.

    i mean 12 points in the 1st quarter of the magic game and then only 3 more points TOTAL for the remainder of the game? bah.

    i hope T Ross gets more minutes, but right now, raptors can't afford to have rookies on the floor.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Sun Jan 27th, 2013 at 11:47 PM.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star themasao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    All I know is...this kid's gonna be special: