Terrence Ross VS DeMar DeRozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    DeRozan was only in college for 1 year as apposed to T Ross who stayed for 2 -3 years
    This is actually a huge part of Demar's development. Derozan came into the league way too raw. Had Derozan stayed in a very good USC program for a another year or two, his skills would be better now, as opposed to currently with 1 year. College ball prepares you by playing against bigger players, stronger defenses, and Demar only had a year of that.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

At least neither of them are Austin Rivers. It also poses the question say we land Rudy Gay that means Ross is coming off the bench indefinitely unless of course there is injury. Maybe to maximize offense we slide Gay to PF and he plays beside DeRozan and Ross Lowry and JV respectively playing the 4 works great for Melo in Knickland.
      Last edited by Rapstor4Life; Tue Jan 29, 2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
        Really?
        You do remember Alonso - I'm not playing here / Okay .. you're released & here's 9 million bucks - Mourning.

Dec 17/2004 Trade
        To Toronto
        Eric Williams
        Aaron Williams
        Alonzo Mourning - bought out [Medical issues ??? wtf], and shortly after, joined Miami & won a Ring in 2006.
        2005 1st Round pick [16th] - Joey Graham
        2006 1st Round pick [20th] - Traded to New York [Renaldo Balkman] along with Jalen Rose for Antonio Davis, who was released 2 months later (back issues)

To New Jersey
        VINCE CARTER

[Edit]
        So .... Raps got Eric & Aaron Williams + Joey ..... for Vince Carter - the best Raptor player to this date. And way better then Chris Bosh ... IMO.

July 2010 Trade
        To Toronto
        Toronto's 1st pick comes back
        Miami's 1st pick - later traded for James Johnson
        14.5 Million Trade Exception - partially used.

To Miami - Sign & Trade
        Chris "the air smells different here" Bosh

If I'm not mistaken, Kyle Lowry wouldn't be here, had the pick not returned to Toronto (ie. Can't have lottery protected picks "floating" out there - so to speak)
        That pick was a full lottery protected pick between 2010 and 2015. So if the Raptors made the playoffs that pick would then go back to Miami. The deal with Houston was the opposite. If the Raptors failed to make the playoffs the pick was theirs (unless it was top 3 in 2013, top 2 in 2014, etc). So the Raptors could have still swung that deal with Houston even if Miami kept that pick.

I actually agree with BasketballCrush.. the Bosh trade was worse than the Carter trade. Both were brutal, but BC should have had better hindsight with Bosh than Babcock had with Carter. Carter killed his trade value by playing like sh!t purposely. Bosh was pretty awesome in his contract year with Toronto. He just took his sweet ass time recovering from his injury.

Comment

i wanna see Ross slash a little more then we'll see. He's already a great shooter and defender but i wanna see if he can drive through traffic and throw it down. He's got a little T Mac in his game but he needs to improve his passing and slashing abilities.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            DeRozan has to start playing the 3 so Ross can start at the 2 there I said it...
            with casey anything is possible

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              This is actually a huge part of Demar's development. Derozan came into the league way too raw. Had Derozan stayed in a very good USC program for a another year or two, his skills would be better now, as opposed to currently with 1 year. College ball prepares you by playing against bigger players, stronger defenses, and Demar only had a year of that.
              Have to factor in that DeMar came out of college early because of his mother.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
              X