Chris Bosh says "I'm a Hall of Famer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thornbury wrote: View Post
    No question, he's in. Vince too in my opinion. Greatest dunker of all time, better stats then a lot already there.
    I think a young MJ and Dominique would beg to differ... Dr. J too, perhaps... to name a few.

Carter epitomizes the 'style VS substance' Y2K era of basketball players, who play hard enough to cash-in, before checking out...

Comment

if he means the drag queen hall of fame then he prob is a shoe in

Comment

It would help his cause more if he kept his trap shut about how he already deserves it. Some people, as in voters, don't take kindly to that kind of arrogant presumption, and some are liable to deny him their vote because of it, which they can easily do, seeing as they're anonymous. Fool!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I think a young MJ and Dominique would beg to differ... Dr. J too, perhaps... to name a few.

Carter epitomizes the 'style VS substance' Y2K era of basketball players, who play hard enough to cash-in, before checking out...
          yup

Comment

There are 160 players in the hall of fame.
            NBA.com's player index shows that approximately 3700 players have played in the NBA.
            That means that a player needs to be in the top 4% to be considered a hall of famer.

There are about 400 players currently in the league.
            4% of 400 is 16.
            So, is Chris Bosh among the top 16 players in the league? Has he been at that level for most of his career?

I'd say that for most of his career, he's probably been a top-25 type of player, some years top 16. It's borderline. The clincher will be that he'll retire with at least one championship, possibly more. If he had played out the rest of his career in Toronto, that wouldn't have happened.

So if he does join the HOF one day, I hope he includes Toronto in this thank-you speech.

Celebrating the Futility of the Toronto Raptors:
            http://www.holycraptors.com

Comment

Good job Bosh, now buy yourself a medal, don't forget to buy one for Lebron and Dwayne too
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

He is a hall of famer, honestly hasn't looked like one since he joined miami, shoulda gone somewhere where he would have a bigger role offensively (chicago perhaps), miami was the safe bet for the rings I guess.....

Comment

i didn't vote because it sounded too positive for what he deserves. this thread was on prosportsdaily as well. one guy had a great point. this is the basketball hof not baseball. he is in.

Comment

I voted for who cares....but really, people get carried away with this whole HOF thing. He will almost definitely get in, doesn't mean it'll happen his first chance. It really doesn't take that much. Basically, they'll look at how good a player he was. He was a borderline franchise player in Toronto. And now he's the 3rd fiddle, but really I'd say 2nd most important piece to what Miami actually needs to do on the court to win, on a team that will contend for a few years at least. He has a ring, and has made, what, 9 straight all-star games or something? It really doesn't take THAT much to get into the hall.
                    Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Jan 29, 2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

The gall of this guy. Not that I even put much stalk in the Hall of Fame anyway, considering that guys like Michael Jordan and Bill Walton are technically in the same group. Adding Chris Bosh to that list will basically soil everyone else. Have tiers in the Hall of Fame is what I say, it's controversial but at least it'll make more sense.

Comment

Are we still doing that thing where we get mad at a guy that hasn't been here in over 2 years and made a perfectly reasonable decision to go to a team with a warmer climate and better teammates to win a championship, like 99% of people would do? Or do we forgive basketball players for basically making the same decision when there are Canadian and 'scrappy'?

8 Time All Star. NBA Champ. The gall.... the gall....

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                          The gall of this guy. Not that I even put much stalk in the Hall of Fame anyway, considering that guys like Michael Jordan and Bill Walton are technically in the same group. Adding Chris Bosh to that list will basically soil everyone else. Have tiers in the Hall of Fame is what I say, it's controversial but at least it'll make more sense.

+1

Enter the Hall of Fame, and you walk into the Lobby of Very Good, where the walls are hung with photos of players like Maurice Stokes and Dennis Johnson.

Then walk down the Corridor of Quality, featuring Scottie Pippen, Joe Dumars, and others.

Finally you get to the Room of Awesome, where the real game-changers are; Jordan, Wilt, Kareem, etc.

When your visit is over, head back out to the Chris Bosh Parking Lot and drive home.

Celebrating the Futility of the Toronto Raptors:
                          http://www.holycraptors.com

Comment

Holy Craptors wrote: View Post
                            +1

Enter the Hall of Fame, and you walk into the Lobby of Very Good, where the walls are hung with photos of players like Maurice Stokes and Dennis Johnson.

Then walk down the Corridor of Quality, featuring Scottie Pippen, Joe Dumars, and others.

Finally you get to the Room of Awesome, where the real game-changers are; Jordan, Wilt, Kareem, etc.

When your visit is over, head back out to the Chris Bosh Parking Lot and drive home.
                            Awesome stuff.

Comment

So much ridiculous hate from a spurned fan base.

Look, maybe because I've spent years working in reality TV post production I tend to look a bit beyond the actual quote itself, but you have to consider what the 'I was a lock 4 years ago' thing actually means. Does he really mean he thought that he'd get in if his career ended after 6 seasons? Of course not, that's fucking ridiculous. He's simply not that dumb, nobody is. What it means is that when he was talking with his friends about it 4 years ago, they came to the conclusion that if his career continued on it's path, he would be a lock. And he's right. This was before all the Miami stuff, when he was a consistent 20-9 type guy. Basically the only thing that could have kept him out would have been injuries or Toronto management constantly surrounding him with shitty players. Then he goes to Miami and sacrifices numbers for wins, which in terms of convincing hall of fame voters is basically a wash.

What's hilarious about Bosh is the completely insane double standard fans hold him to. Fans want players to be themselves, to be honest and connect with them, except when it's Chris Bosh. Fans (and especially pundits) want players to be confident and feel like they're unguardable, like they can take on anyone, except when it's Chris Bosh. Anybody else says this shit and it gets dismissed as 'he's just being confident, good for him'. But because it's Bosh, he gets hammered.

It's hilarious to me how much of a punching bag he's become, and frankly he's a cautionary tale from the earliest days of social media: fans will turn on you the second they get tired of you or you fail to live up to their ridiculous standards on or off the court.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                                So much ridiculous hate from a spurned fan base.

Look, maybe because I've spent years working in reality TV post production I tend to look a bit beyond the actual quote itself, but you have to consider what the 'I was a lock 4 years ago' thing actually means. Does he really mean he thought that he'd get in if his career ended after 6 seasons? Of course not, that's fucking ridiculous. He's simply not that dumb, nobody is. What it means is that when he was talking with his friends about it 4 years ago, they came to the conclusion that if his career continued on it's path, he would be a lock. And he's right. This was before all the Miami stuff, when he was a consistent 20-9 type guy. Basically the only thing that could have kept him out would have been injuries or Toronto management constantly surrounding him with shitty players. Then he goes to Miami and sacrifices numbers for wins, which in terms of convincing hall of fame voters is basically a wash.

What's hilarious about Bosh is the completely insane double standard fans hold him to. Fans want players to be themselves, to be honest and connect with them, except when it's Chris Bosh. Fans (and especially pundits) want players to be confident and feel like they're unguardable, like they can take on anyone, except when it's Chris Bosh. Anybody else says this shit and it gets dismissed as 'he's just being confident, good for him'. But because it's Bosh, he gets hammered.

It's hilarious to me how much of a punching bag he's become, and frankly he's a cautionary tale from the earliest days of social media: fans will turn on you the second they get tired of you or you fail to live up to their ridiculous standards on or off the court.
                                I think you're completely wrong. From what I've read, most people (regardless of their personal feelings towards Bosh prior) were just completely put off by the arrogance of any player to simply assume they are a lock for the HOF. He had a few decent statistical years, won the popularity contest of the all-star game a few times and won a championship ring as the third banana on a star-studded team that most NBA purists already put an asterisk beside due to the anti-competitive manner they won it. Even players like Magic, Larry and Jordan were never so arrogant and condescending when talking about their careers and the HOF - they were much more modest in their personal exploits in relation towards the hallowed hall. I don't care who said it, what teams he ever played for, or what he ever did on or off the court. I would be appalled at anybody who talked about himself and the HOF the way Bosh did.

Comment

Working...
                                X