Chris Bosh says "I'm a Hall of Famer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Bosh says "I'm a Hall of Famer"

Context: Chris Bosh said to Chris Tomasson at Fox Sports "I've been a Hall of Famer like four years ago. And I say that very serious, though. I've talked about it before with my friends.''
    So he obviously feels his years as a Raptor will play into that selection ...

Start off with the Poll - do you agree with Bosh that he will one day be enshrined in the Basketball HOF?

And finally, to what started it all - Ian Thomsen has a great article over at SI.com outlining the current players who are in line to make the HOF (Found here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...?sct=uk_t11_a2). He starts the Article off by conceding that the article is in response to a fan who wrote in and who disagreed with Chris Boshs assessment of his career thus far.

Thomsen actually somewhat agrees with Bosh. And I do as well.
    While he disagrees that he was not a HOFer 4 years ago; he does believe Bosh is will get the nod once his time comes.

Also mentions that Vince Carter could make it in as our generations 'Nique Wilkins. Thoughts?
    Absolutely. He deserves it! Stats, Ring and All-Star games prove it.
    31.25%
    Heck NO! What has he even done?!
    28.13%
    Who Cares?! BOSHTRICH!! [url]www.chrisboshtrich.com[/url]
    40.63%
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Jan 29, 2013, 03:32 PM.

He may very well get in because of his stats, rings and all-star appearances, but I think he's wildly overrated. In today's world, regardless of the sport, fan voting has become a popularity contest, which has minimized the meaning of all-star game appearances in my mind. The East has also been extremely weak, especially at the PF position, over the past several years when Bosh was making those all-star appearances and putting up decent statlines. He's a solid player and an excellent complimentary piece... all sports HOFs have lost their lustre over the past decade, so he likely will make it.

Comment

I have very mixed feelings on this.

Comment

As long as he goes in as RuPaul, I am all for it. You go girl.

There should be a button you press under his display, where you hear him whining about other players and shifting the blame from himself.

Comment

Arrogance aside, Bosh has had a better career so far than Chris Mullen (who's a member of the HOF).

Comment

Yup.. he deserves it. If James Worthy can get in, then so should Chris Bosh.

Comment

He will get in, just for being part of the Lebrons dynasty. That said, I also hope that they put an asteriks on his legacy saying: "Soft big who had to ride Lebron's coat tails in order to win anything. Generally considered to be a freakish combination of ostrich and RuPaul".
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

you know when you have a friend who brings up his "big di$%" for no apparent reason... but his ex-girlfriends, flings, his mom... nobody else brings it up... ever... not even at that bachelorette party they went to with your girlfriend...

you know it ain't big

Comment

Chris Bosh absolutely deserves it. He's a 20/9 guy consistently throughout his career. There aren't too many guys like this.

Doesn't matter All-Star appearances nor popularity. They may help a bit but I don't think rings matter. There's a whole bunch of role players with multiple rings and they'll never get in. Just comes down to the numbers he's sustained throughout the years. Plus he's done tons, TONS of community and charity work. He's a good guy and the type of person the NBA would want representing it in HOF.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

my natural inclination to the idea of bosh getting into the HOF is "right now, no.. but his career is far from over.. it's far too early in his career to predict... but can i see him getting there? ya why not?"

But when he says things like "I've been a Hall of Famer like four years ago. And I say that very serious, though. I've talked about it before with my friends.''

ya screw you and your lack of humility..

the only hall of fame he belongs in is the hollywood walk of fame for his eventual big screen portrayal of Little Foot in the live action adaption of the Land Before Time.

Comment

Who cares?

I feel he can. One of the most legitimate big man year in, year out. Before joining Miami, he was a 20 & 10 guy. Actually, his last year in Toronto he was averaging 24 & 11 I believe.

Is he overrated? Yes, but he is an all-star player, and a champion, and because he's with LeBron James shouldn't be something people look at him for.

I doubt the Heat could have beaten the Thunder without Bosh. Bosh made a HUGE difference from his return in game 2 in the finals, and from there Miami was dominant. Hitting the mid-range shot, hitting the boards, defending their bigs, scoring when LeBron and Wade had troubles, he was truly a major contributor to their championship.

Back to the question, is he going to be a hall of famer? Who cares, he's not doing it in Toronto, but he can.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        Chris Bosh absolutely deserves it. He's a 20/9 guy consistently throughout his career. There aren't too many guys like this.

Doesn't matter All-Star appearances nor popularity. They may help a bit but I don't think rings matter. There's a whole bunch of role players with multiple rings and they'll never get in. Just comes down to the numbers he's sustained throughout the years. Plus he's done tons, TONS of community and charity work. He's a good guy and the type of person the NBA would want representing it in HOF.
                        Man you made me feel bad for being mean above...
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

No question, he's in. Vince too in my opinion. Greatest dunker of all time, better stats then a lot already there.

Comment

Yeah I think he is bound to be a Hall of Famer by the end of his career, but 4 years ago? Thats laughable.

Comment

What will play a bigger role in his hall of fame selection though, his Raptor years putting up really great numbers, or his Championship Miami years as the third best player on the team?

Comment

Working...
                              X