Thread: Attention kyle lowry!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

hopefully they can hold hands and take the team to the next level

Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote d749 wrote: View Post
    hopefully they can hold hands and take the team to the next level
    Barbosa and Reggie Evans were holding hands...how did that go for us?

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Is Lowry still our best player?
    That's an interesting question that doubters need to think about. We now have 2 players better than everyone else and both are better than everyone we had before.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

how did you guys think he looked last night? He seemed to be favouring his back a bit. Hopefully not. It he's out, we're f(*)&^&*^

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure it really matters, as long as OKC gets the pick I don't care where we land at the end of this season. It's not like anyone is expecting a miracle here. We went from little talent to some talent, and hopefully there's more to come.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure it really matters, as long as OKC gets the pick I don't care where we land at the end of this season. It's not like anyone is expecting a miracle here. We went from little talent to some talent, and hopefully there's more to come.
    I keep thinking about what if they get a top 3 pick. Highly unlikely I know but karma has to come in at some point, no?
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

14-5-10 seems like a good start in the right direction for lowry, specially after seeing him on his belly most of the night getting worked on by medical staff because of back spasms.

I think they should rest him for a couple of games, make sure that back is smooth and loose

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey's got to change his offensive philosophy for Lowry to really blossom. No more emphasis on pick-and-rolls and half court sets. We've got two ISO-heavy players in Lowry and Gay. The drive-and-kick game has to be what Casey encourages from here on out.

Sorry DeRozan, your services are no longer required.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Casey's got to change his offensive philosophy for Lowry to really blossom. No more emphasis on pick-and-rolls and half court sets. We've got two ISO-heavy players in Lowry and Gay. The drive-and-kick game has to be what Casey encourages from here on out.

Sorry DeRozan, your services are no longer required.
    +1 amazing point(s)

I can't help but think that we've grown so accustomed to pick and roll offense, that everyone is forgetting how much more exciting and athletic our team is going to be.

Will we turn the ball over more? hell yes
    Will we have less assists? probably

But now we have a young, athletic team with more than one player that can create a shot, so we don't need to force pick and roll situations in order to penetrate the lane. We can use the pick and roll more sparingly....like real teams do

and yeah, I can't see this working out for Demar.

I am just excited for the style change. for the first time in what seems like forever, I am not 100% sure what type of game our team will produce...but I do know that it's fun thinking about the prospect that I don't have to watch pick and rolls 100 times a game

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Also I want to point out that if Casey can channel our athleticism into productive defense, we can be great defensievly.

Assuming JV can guard his position as he grows, this will be the first time since Vince that we have a team with a PG, SF and C that can potentially guard their positions. instead of having to game plan to compensate for Jose or Barg's poor defense, we can focus on actually putting pressure on the other teams defensively....

You think there's enough time to make the playoffs?? (ok now I'm going crazy....)
    Last edited by BallaBalla; Thu Jan 31st, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Get ready for the rest of the season listening to Jack harp about how Lowry is much worse than Calderon.... : ///

And I wont go as far to say DeRozan is no longer required relax people you may find that 1.2.3 punch is incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Get ready for the rest of the season listening to Jack harp about how Lowry is much worse than Calderon.... : ///

And I wont go as far to say DeRozan is no longer required relax people you may find that 1.2.3 punch is incredible.
    I don't think we'll be hearing Jack complaining about Lowry at all. Why do you think so?

As for the 1.2.3 punch, yes it's possible. But DeRozan has very limited ISO game.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

http://nba.si.com/2013/01/31/rudy-ga...-construction/

Says it better than I could. The cycle continues.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy Gay and Demar are players that demand doubles from the defense whichever the opposingteam chooses frees up another, really excited to see what the athleticism of having DeRozan, Gay and Lowry on the floor together will bring.

Things that worry me....

-Fields still hasnt found his offense yet missing a lot of simple buckets though hes been battling the flu all week so maybe thats it.
    -Lucas.... he really should be relagated to 3rd string we need a good young PG to run behind Lowry, Lucas is extremely streaky.
    -Ross's development playing beside a guy like Lucas that chucks up his own shots like crazy alongside potentially Alan Anderson who is also a "whatever shot I think of Im going to take it I dont care whos open"
    -Amir seemed lost in last nights game settled for those long 2s he now thinks he can sink like hes KG or something.

Things to be optimistic about

-Quincy Acy does a lot more than I thought, really seeming to grasp the game a bit quicker now.
    -Gray is returning to last season form?

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we'll be hearing Jack complaining about Lowry at all. Why do you think so?

As for the 1.2.3 punch, yes it's possible. But DeRozan has very limited ISO game.
    He doesn't need him be a good Iso player. He should be able to get a lot easier shot playon with two good Iso players.
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    He doesn't need him be a good Iso player. He should be able to get a lot easier shot playon with two good Iso players.
    If only DeRozan were a reliable shooter....

Post Thanks / Like

If only DeRozan were a reliable shooter....
    His a solid midrange shooter. It doesnt always have to be a 3. His very capable of knocking down 18 footers.
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

His a solid midrange shooter. It doesnt always have to be a 3. His very capable of knocking down 18 footers.
    He's a career 39% shooter from 10-23 feet. I wouldn't call that "solid".

Post Thanks / Like

I bet a lot of those are contested. I'm just saying let not writte off a DD/Gay wing duo just yet. I really don't see ppl think this can't work. I'm sure DD spreads the floor better than Tony Allen.
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

I bet a lot of those are contested. I'm just saying let not writte off a DD/Gay wing duo just yet. I really don't see ppl think this can't work. I'm sure DD spreads the floor better than Tony Allen.
    True about Tony Allen. It's just my opinion that Ross would be a better fit alongside Gay.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information